Who is Ellis Gordon? Let's brainstorm.

Tension brand Forums INTERACTIONS WITH THE OOA Who is Ellis Gordon? Let's brainstorm.

This topic contains 33 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Michael Rizzo Michael Rizzo 7 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

This is a question that has been hovering in the back of my mind for a couple months now. The first time the name “Ellis” was brought to our attention was during BoS’s 4/15/16 hack of the OOA. One of the targets of the hack was Tension’s Facebook page. BoS posted various messages on the page including this:

“ALEISTER GORDON, (or should we call you Ellis), SO CALLED “Puppet Master” – consider us your PUPPET “HACKERS”. You can’t silence us, we will release one name a day, until this entire organization BURNS to the ground.” (For completeness sake, The other two names revealed at this time were: Sarah Farber and James Eddison.)

So we have Ellis the Puppet Master as an alias for Aleister Gordon? This reminds me of the aliases people take on when they join the OOA (example: Mark became Benny)

Then in mid-May I had a private conversation with my organization. At the time the info felt out-of-game and meta before I realized Tension was capable of going meta. Here is what I was told:

“Ellis created TENSION, a new york theater troop
    it started as some hippy art project
    it became something – – sinister
    now, Ellis is the name taken by both sides, as a Guy Faux type identity.”

The meta vibe, out-of-game conversational context, and confusing content had me sitting on the info, trying to decide if it was in-bounds or out.

What else do we know about Ellis Gordon?

I’ve heard random vague whispers on the matter. For example, I’ve heard the phrase “The Gordon Brothers.” This implies Aleister and Ellis are brothers. But, wait, I thought they were one in the same person? Which is it, brothers or two names for one person? We have these loose theories on how Gatekeepers are made via one soul entering a willing human vessel (example: FOUR and Addy). Are Aleister and Ellis another potential example of this theory?

I’ve also heard whispers that Ellis became involved when Rizzo was exiled. Maybe you can shed light on this @rizzzoooo? Is Ellis a Wizard of Oz sort of character who hides behind the curtain, only revealing himself when the shit hits the fan?

What else does this community know about Ellis Gordon? Please share and perhaps we can come up with a clearer picture.

Profile photo of Jake O
    Jake O
    Participant

I didn’t even think about this. At the time of the hack, I wasn’t even really paying much attention yet.

But this is a fascinating look at the BOS side of things. You clearly have much more information than us on the OOA side. Thank you for sharing.

If Aleister is Ellis, then does that make him Anoch? The creator? If he is so high up, how come III could make him leave. That doesn’t make sense to me

Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

This was said to me by private message on 5/31/16 when Rizzo had a bit of a slip up:

“I ponder, does he [Rizzo] realize he turned the head of Ellis, which has never happened since I have worked here. Which, isn’t a good thing.”

That’s the only Ellis I have heard of.

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

I’m assuming this was Aleister that said this to you?

Profile photo of Melissa
      Melissa

I’m going to respectfully say that this individual wished not to be named.

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

Fair enough.

Profile photo of Addison Born
    Addison Born
    Participant

Checking in and will update this as soon as I get out of a meeting but I got a call from Aleister at one point, he was panicked. The call happened about a week before @coryphella , @endlesspictures and I met with the man in the bar..

When he introduced himself to me on the phone, he pronounced his name as “ə-LIST-er” which could be shortened to sound like Ellis.

Profile photo of Jake O
      Jake O
      Participant

my call was very strange. at first I thought it was a wrong number. But I do remember aleister saying his name in a weird way, so that it was kind of hard to understand.

IF it was aleister who called at all. I’m not certain it was him since we have never met or spoken other than the phone call. I’m only kind of sure it was him because of the simultaneous communication via FB messenger.

I’m still puzzled as to why III would have control over him if he is higher up.

This also brings up a very important point:
      Does anyone know what Aleister’s rank actually is?

We all know him, some people love him, but I personally have not been told where he fits in the OOA hierarchy.

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

I don’t know if it’s an official “rank” but he told me he was a “watcher.” From the first conversation I had with him: “I am not here to make you paranoid Megan
      that is not my job in this
      I am here to let you know your voice doesn’t fall on deaf ears…I am a watcher
      i have no name on the boards….we care deeply, but our place is not intervene. you have two choices here – lead, or follow
      that is all I can give you by way of direction.”

Profile photo of Jake O
      Jake O
      Participant

hmm, so that leads me to believe he could be a creator still.

This is fascinating. So does this mean aleister is an oracle? Or perhaps one of those boxes on the chart that we cannot see?

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Kim, was it you that knew of other things about Aleister too, though – that he wasn’t entirely complicit in his OOA involvement, or something?
    Now I’m thinking about possessions or multiple personalities, things I know nothing about BUT also thinking about Glory/Ben in Buffy season 5 (BUFFY!)

@coryphella Yes, that was me that reported some background on Aleister, from the perspective of BoS of course. I know how much he means to you and many of the other apostles. Let me list items that appear most relevant to Aleister’s story.

Some BoS notes pertaining to Aleister:

-My previous BoS contact, James, was with OOA and knew Aleister.
      -Aleister is a sad person. His intentions are good but he is blackmailed into sitting his post.
      -Aleister acted as a guide to those who strayed.
      -Aleister is a puppet who they (OOA) use as a front, he has no real power outside making sure “it” operates.
      -The organization (OOA) comes down hard on Aleister if they (OOA) fall off track.
      -BoS tried to get Aleister out, but he had reasons to stay.
      -There is good within OOA, just not those who run it.

Profile photo of ReidV
      ReidV
      Participant

Profile photo of Neil King
    Neil King
    Participant

@electrichippo – this is really important information. I know you are on the opposite side of The OOA but I feel like you may be sitting on a lot of other important information in understanding the past and how we ended up here.

As for my thought – If Ellis is being used a symbol and Aleister is the original Ellis, then he is the one pulling all the strings. His exile was his idea so maybe he isn’t really exiled. He has everything carefully planned. This is very interesting and I am curious as to how this story will play out.

@nking Correct Neil, I do become privy to certain info. It is the cross I bear as well as the benefit I gain from having chose to turn my back on your organization. I come here and provide information because of the many apostles I hold close in friendship as well as my concern for OOA operatives I see as good, which include Aleister Gordon.

Similar to OOA, there are many reasonable, caring people inside BoS, myself hopefully included. As I see it, life is often about seeing shades of gray, versus strictly in black and white.

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

Ellis is at the top, but there are still those above him.

Profile photo of Melissa
      Melissa

@mike, did somebody tell you that? Can you elaborate?

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

How can he be at the top of there are others above him?

Profile photo of Mike
      Mike
      Participant

@mkarrett – yes, someone did, but in respect to privacy, that is all I would like to confirm

It’s all perspective @coryphella When you are at the top of a mountain, are not the birds even higher? We all answer to someone.

@mike Unless someone very specifically told you not to share certain information, I’d request you do share. I’m not purposely holding anything back on this topic. I’ve gone out on a limb to help you and your brothers and sisters with what I know.

Profile photo of Mike
      Mike
      Participant

@electrichippo – that really is the only useful information I have pertaining to this thread.

Profile photo of Melissa
      Melissa

@mike, I understand. :)

I like the analogy of birds & mountains. I’ll speculate that Ellis is one step below Anoch, which on the org chart would put him/her at Gatekeeper level. Yet, all Gatekeepers have their own distinct personalities. So, unless Ellis is the one and only Gatekeeper and is just “morphing” over time….? O_o

Ahhhh, brain scramble.

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

You think Ellis answers to birds?

Profile photo of Melissa
      Melissa

Oh god Ellis is Varys

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

demons? ghosts? literally floating above?

Possessions are in play here, so who can really ever be the boss?

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Also, re: the theatre troupe thing – I think I might have said this before here so I’m sorry if I’m repeating myself, but in one conversation I had with Al I was trying to see if I could find out more about his OOA involvement. I asked him how he got involved. All that he would tell me though was that he “went through Tension when It was called something else.” I asked what it was called, but he went away and I never got an answer.

Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

@endlesspictures I may be able to help you out with that question of Aleister’s rank:

I asked him point blank back in May:

Aleister Gordon
    5/14, 10:48pm
    I am here like many others, I like you have a role. I am not in charge, but I have been certain tasks that I am to see fulfilled.

So….he’s not in charge at least?

I used to speak with Aleister rather frequently. The feeling that I got from him was that he had no or little power of his own, but he acted as a liaison between us, the Gatekeepers and other OOA higher ups. Through speaking with him we were enable to enact some change, although I suspect that it was more through passing the message along to those who had the power to do so rather than him doing it, himself.

At no point did he reveal his position to me, I believe that he existed in a role outside of what we say on the organizational chart or was on one of the roles that we’ve never had properly defined.

Out of respect, I never questioned him on the Ellis name but I am definitely regretting now that I did not

Profile photo of Jake O
      Jake O
      Participant

do you think this means aleister is an oracle or perhaps one of those other boxes connected to the gatekeepers?

My question still remains. If he is higher than the gatekeepers why would we ever fear for his safety? And why would III scare him? Just because III is rogue?

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

@mike – A smile AND a WINKIE FACE??!!!

Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

Alright as Mod I gotta jump in, let’s get this discussion back to Ellis pretty please.

Profile photo of Jake O
      Jake O
      Participant

yes, perhaps this discussion should be a new thread? in game v out of game relationships?

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

Note taken.

Profile photo of Michael Rizzo
    Michael Rizzo
    Participant

I had actually never even known that Ellis had noticed me like that, this is the first I’m hearing of the matter. I had only spoken to aleister that day, after that nothing. However, when I was brought back in I her overs a call from a man who I had never heard before and given no name. He told me the specifics of my meeting. Same man called me after the mixer and asked if I was pleased with what went down. I said yes and heard this response, “Good. Really glad to hear it, I’m rooting for you man, honestly.” That was the end of that. I do not know if it was maybe aleister or who, but that’s about it.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register