11/5/16 Periscope "a gift for her"

Tension brand Forums INTERACTIONS WITH THE OOA 11/5/16 Periscope "a gift for her"

This topic contains 32 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of DimStyle DimStyle 7 years, 5 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

Go

Profile photo of Dan
    Dan
    Participant

Good thing my internet is absolute shit right now and couldn’t load it.

Profile photo of Max R.
    Max R.
    Participant

Goodbye Tom! I cant wait to find out what becomes of him.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by Profile photo of Max R. Max R..
    Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

Shit the OSDM got Tom Barrow?? He looked like he was in bad shape.

Profile photo of Andrew Kasch
    Andrew Kasch
    Participant

It appears that Tom Barrow…or whoever he really is… is going to Bob Jones’ locker.

Profile photo of Izryn
    Izryn
    Participant

I’m in public so I didn’t have sound on, but it was Tom (Addison’s dad), looking beat up and being dragged by some other people.

Looks like ODSM may be using him to get at Addison/Sabrina…?

Profile photo of Andrew Kasch
    Andrew Kasch
    Participant

If Overseer/Sabrina really wishes to bury “Addison Barrow” forever, this is certainly the last step in her journey.

*shudder*

Profile photo of Liv
      Liv
      Participant

Ah, you think this is her doing? I assumed by the title it was meant for her, but that’s definitely a chilling thought.

Profile photo of Liv
    Liv
    Participant

That’s interesting. Addison might care, but would Sabrina?

Profile photo of Izryn
      Izryn
      Participant

Has a thought. If Tom isn’t Sabrina’s real father, it could be a message from the ODSM saying, “look at what we can do to fictional fathers, and we can do the same to your real family if you don’t fall in line.”

Profile photo of Liv
      Liv
      Participant

woah, woah, woah @izryn! Don’t give them ideas! But seriously, if Tom is indeed an actor, hired, presumably by them, to play Addison/Sabrina’s father, do you think there is a possibility he might be in on it?

Profile photo of Michael Rizzo
      Michael Rizzo
      Participant

I also had this thought but was thinking a little differently… I had an idea that they realized Sabrina was coming back out, so they’re trying to confuse her with Tom to get her back into a weird headspace by adding more to the fake memories of Addison? Giving the helmet more power if Sabrina isn’t fully there. Idk, just a thought.

Profile photo of Liv
      Liv
      Participant

That makes a lot of sense actually. We know the diary isn’t working, she doesn’t remember writing it. Mentioning Tom simply by name is no longer getting a response, so they go for something more tactile. Bring Tom directly to her. Do you think that all those emails we got from Tom, asking us to tell “Addison” he was looking for her, were actually designed to keep that personality in place? We kept bringing up her father, thinking it would help break their conditioning, but maybe we were reinforcing it all along.

Michael Rizzo
      Participant

I didn’t even think of the emails, that’s a very good point! Wow, I can absolutely believe that this whole time we’ve just been helping them by adding to her fake past. Even after her arguing with us we still make her believe tom and mark and everyone are her real loved ones.

Profile photo of Bryan
      Bryan
      Participant

Oh lord, @summoningdark. That’s a really interesting point.

It wouldn’t be the first time that the idea of the people inside the walls of the Institute undergoing ongoing suffering due to our continued visits had been raised.

Profile photo of Alyssa
    Alyssa
    Participant

Just got out of Ascension. Missed him by 20 minutes. I can confirm Morior invictus isn’t working but now it seems they have new leverage to keep her in line.

Profile photo of TheBuz
    TheBuz
    Participant

Poor Tom.

Profile photo of Amie
    Amie
    Participant

Last I heard she didn’t remember him but this should be interesting. I’m still confused by who he actually is to her since we know now she’s not only Addison and Overseer. The questions continue to pile up.

Profile photo of _Michael Gray
    _Michael Gray
    Participant

Well this should be interesting. Are we gonna find out that Tom is Addison’s true father or are we gonna learn that he was also part of this plan to manipulate Sabrina? Looks like we might get to learn the truth behind Tom Barrow here very soon.

Profile photo of Bryan
    Bryan
    Participant

We know they reset Sabrina with the helmet to bring her “back” to Addison – but we also know that some of their ways of keeping Addison under their control have stopped working in the last 48 hours.

Is this Samson and The Suit going full Jack Bauer in their attempt to keep “Addison” under control? Do what we say or we shoot your pops in the kneecap?

Tom Barrow, or the actor/stuntman named Bobby K., or someone else entirely. Endlessly blurry lines.

Profile photo of Izryn
      Izryn
      Participant

@electrichippo I haven’t seen in person a lot of what is being discussed with respect to Ascension, so I’m a little lost. Could you fill me in on Tom being Bobby K? How did you find this out?

Profile photo of Sadako
    Sadako
    Participant

This reeks of desperation.

@samson, we know you’re neither in charge nor in control.

It’s not too late to stand with us on the side of @masterlock.

Michael Rizzo
    Participant

I don’t remember if I read this or if I’m tripping, but did anyone see Tom’s name in the elder room of ascension, with the computer? I see this going two ways, Tom is just the actor Bobby, who was also given fake memories to convince himself he was Sabrina’s father… or tom is and always has been OSDM?

_Michael Gray
    Participant

I’m just gonna throw it out there, Tom Barrow is not Addison’s dad. Now that we have the narrative breaking down the 4th wall of who is Addison/Sabrina? We can definitely 100% say that Tom is just Bobby K. A stunt coordinator on such films as EMT, a movie that I just happened to work as well. I noticed that fucker immediately as he interrupted our donut mixer! Ohh god, hahaha I’ve been holding that in forever!! So relieved to let that one off the chest now! Hahaha

Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

Man @mike is going to have a field day about Tom. He has been probably since May hypothesizing that Tom is not actually Addison/Sabrina’s dad.

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

I’ve kept the forums at arms length due to spoilers being posted and I didn’t want to read anything before I went for a 2nd time. Last night was my second time.

Right before I left, this Periscope happened and it made me wonder if I would encounter Tom inside

*SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT*

I did. I saw him twice.

Since the donut mixer, I’ve been on “Team Tom is not her dad”. Earlier in the day, Tom had emailed me and I sent him an email back letting him know what I thought of him and everything he’s done to “interrupt” our get togethers. (For the newer people, he’s barged in to OOA events screaming about his daughter and making threats to them and sometimes us). I first saw him in the processing room where he ran to Addison and hugged her. Then, Addison pulled back and said/realized/thought that he wasn’t her father.

Later on, in one of the most surprising and intimidating scenes I’ve ever had. I was unhooded and he was standing right in front of me, with an OSDM army behind him. The suit guy, Samson, and a few others. Tom was being smug and snarky and told me that “we have no idea what’s going on”. Then, he “caressed” my face while thanking me for my email to him earlier that day.

Based on what I saw, Tom seems to be part of the OSDM, maybe even in charge. He also told me that no one will believe me if I said this. In my opinion, the Periscope, the donut mixer fight, the Scare LA crash, was all part of it. He’s been on on this since the beginning.

Holy shit, what if he’s really Mark and has been playing us this entire time?

_Michael Gray
    Participant

It’s so hard to ride that line of what’s real and what’s not. Especially since Tension is now referring to an actor by her real name and playing that as part of the story. I mean, you can’t just go on and say that someone is Addison’s father, when you break that fourth wall and tell us the true name of your lead actress. Of course, at that point we can assume that Tom Barrow is just a character, played by an actor. Nothing more, nothing less.

Profile photo of Hazel Cloud
      Hazel Cloud
      Participant

There has never been a 4th wall. Only hoods being lifted.

Profile photo of Izryn
      Izryn
      Participant

Looking at this from an OOG perspective, a common theme has been “everything you see is part of the world.” This includes bts things like the MHL podcast interview Mike and Russell did, Darren Bousman and company revealing themselves, and now, the fact that the Ascension show is indeed just that, a show. I will be very surprised if it turns out that the story isn’t moving in that direction.

Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

We have no idea what’s going on, this isn’t what you think this is…

Ya @mike “played” is definitely coming to my mind. I think we’re very much down the rabbit hole….

What’s on the other side?

Profile photo of Sadako
    Sadako
    Participant

I fail to believe Tom is OSDM. I’m more inclined to believe he’s another one of their tools. Based on @mike‘s account of last night, I’d wager Tom spent some quality helmet time before that second encounter.

Profile photo of DimStyle
    DimStyle
    Participant

Man, I step away for a few weeks and everything seems to be going crazy! I did view the 2 periscopes, anyone want to fill me in on what has been going on? Anyone still doing the recaps of the week?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register