8/2 ScareLA Phone Call

Tension brand Forums INTERACTIONS WITH THE OOA 8/2 ScareLA Phone Call

This topic contains 15 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Andrew Kasch Andrew Kasch 7 years, 7 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Andrew Kasch
    Andrew Kasch
    Participant

I just got off the phone with Ellis Gordon. Really nice guy. He said he just wanted to break the 4th wall and tell me how he appreciated me coming to the Tension event at ScareLA this weekend.

That said, he sounded very nervous. I asked him if he was okay and he became very skittish, like he wanted to tell me something but couldn’t. I tried to pry it out of him but he quickly ended the conversation.

Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

That is SUS AF.

Since WHEN does Ellis purposely break fourth wall to basically say hi and THANKS?!

Andrew Kasch
      Participant

Agreed. Something isn’t right here.

Profile photo of 111_error
      111_error
      Participant

Yeah, it’s almost like he was being clear you weren’t supposed to mention it! o_0

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

The event is this coming weekend though, right? It hasn’t already happened?

Profile photo of Ezi
    Ezi
    Participant

Has any of the Tension people broken the 4th wall before that we know of? Very curious, unless he only wanted you to think he was breaking the wall! Very interested to go to that panel!

Could be wrong here but I do suspect the OP may be leaving something very important out for sake of creating false tension. I believe this because OP is not the only one that got a call from Ellis Gordon in that exact time frame, and the content of other said call(s) was mundane, rather than mysterious. Out of respect for Mr. Gordon I hope you all can appreciate my effort here to be discreet, as it was explicitly stated to me as “breaking the forth wall” matters only. I assure you as a member of this Tension community, rather than a member of BOS, that I’m not hiding anything secret or relevant to the OOA/BOS backstory/conflict.

Andrew Kasch
      Participant

As I said, it was a simple thank you call. Sorry I don’t have a transcription for you.
      After he thanked me, I said “Let me know if Tension needs anything at all from me,” to which he suddenly got VERY nervous.

If there’s nothing you’re hiding from us and your call was “mundane” as you say, then why are you acting so discreet about it, @electrichippo? And if there were even more calls than to just the two of us, as hinted at in typical cryptic fashion, why haven’t they spoken up? “Breaking the 4th wall” doesn’t mean absolute secrecy, and when Tension tells you something they don’t want shared, they are VERY explicit about it. At no point did Ellis say to keep this call between us.

So feel free to share your experience here. Or go back to lecturing us all on how the BOS has nothing to hide.

111_error
      Participant

“Breaking the 4th wall” doesn’t mean absolute secrecy,

Actually yes it does. It absolutely clarifies this is for your ears only, but feel free to go ahead and give us more details on the thing you’re not supposed to talk about.

Andrew Kasch
      Participant

I disagree, as Tension has made a habit of “breaking the 4th wall” in public and private interactions with its members.

And if there’s one thing I’ve learned in the past 6 months of doing this, it’s never sit on information unless EXPLICITLY told to. Besides, these calls weren’t exactly revelatory. Right, BOS members?

Profile photo of Addison Born
      Addison Born
      Participant

I didn’t receive a call yesterday so this may be different, but with literally any correspondence with Tension where discretion may possibly be appreciated, kayfabe is broken, or any sort of private or possibly private info is shared, maybe we as a community make it our responsibility to ask explicitly if the info is to be made public rather than assuming that because they didn’t say it’s a private conversation that it isn’t? Maybe it was implied?

Happy for you to have gotten a call though.

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

Maybe that’s what it meant in your 4th-wall-breaking instance, @111error, but I’ve never understood that to be part of the definition.
      They broke the 4th wall with me twice, and never once was secrecy asked for.

To me these calls sound like they’re probably informational regarding Saturday’s event and nothing more. I could be wrong.

111_error
      Participant

fourth wall
      noun
      the space that separates a performer or performance from an audience.
      the conceptual barrier between any fictional work and its viewers or readers.

By definition, the 4th wall is not part of the game, it is outside of the game, off the stage, beyond the orchestra pit. If anyone ever hears the fourth wall is breached, it means it’s not information to come back into the game, or the forum. Whether that information is mundane or exciting, is only meant for the person hearing it to know.

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

Nothing in the definition you posted says that. Fourth wall is not a game term, it’s largely a theatre term, and usually when it’s broken it happens in plain view of every single audience member out there – like maybe a dozen times per Shakespeare play, for example.

Andrew Kasch
      Participant

What @coryphella said. In narrative terms, it’s the act of breaking character within the story to address the viewer or audience.
      And Tension loves to do that, whether it’s the warning calls from cast-members or the stunt with Sam the PR man (may he rest in pieces).

Regardless, these calls seem barely worth mentioning…if it weren’t for the fact that Ellis seemed very, VERY nervous about this weekend.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by Profile photo of Andrew Kasch Andrew Kasch.
    Profile photo of DimStyle
    DimStyle
    Participant

Looking back at Ellis Gordon’s previous writing, this phone call really dosent fit his demeanor. Skittish is the last thing I would think so I wonder if this was maybe someone else? Someone pretending to be Gordon?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register