A Disappearing Act

Tension brand Forums MISC TENSION DISCUSSION A Disappearing Act

Tagged: 

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Michelle Michelle 7 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of JoeKaye
    JoeKaye
    Participant

So, I noticed while everyone was caught up in the Slack debacle (and that’s not what I’m here to discuss) Natalie a.k.a. @vincentvega has gone missing from the forums. Now, I’m not quite sure if this is significant, but she was the person who brought her purse/phone into the meeting on Sunday. It’s curious that she broke such a significant rule, and suddenly we hear nothing from her…

I feel like a monster, possibly pointing fingers, but this is a coincidence I just can’t seem to wrap my head around.

Has anyone heard from her? I hope she’s alright.

• This topic was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Profile photo of JoeKaye JoeKaye.
    • This topic was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Profile photo of JoeKaye JoeKaye.
    Profile photo of Addison Born
    Addison Born
    Participant

I’ve been thinking about this as well. Personally, there have been times when I know I’ve gone dark on the forums for a few days, so it might not be anything, but it is pretty weird that she’s disappeared after such an eventful weekend.

It would be great to have her thoughts on everything that went down, as she said herself she’s been kind of thrown into the deep end.

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

Don’t feel like a monster. I think it’s important to bring things like this to light. She did not follow the rules and is now exposed. Did we ever see if she used it?

Profile photo of JoeKaye
      JoeKaye
      Participant

Also, thanks Mike. I just don’t want to be the reason we maliciously follow a red herring.

Profile photo of JoeKaye
    JoeKaye
    Participant

I don’t know for sure, but during the ceremony her purse was wide open, and her phone in plain sight. It was begging to be called out but being so new I didn’t wanna rock the boat. Again I go back to Addison’s words “you’re instincts are correct.” Damn it.

Profile photo of VincentVega
    VincentVega
    Participant

Sorry guys, I am lurker. I’ve just been reading. Honestly was taken back by the entire event. I liked it. A lot, just was not expecting everything.

I took my purse in not even thinking about it. I had it down by my side, and I think they didn’t notice. I didn’t realize it until well into meeting everyone then felt weird about leaving and being like “oh hey guys, I brought my purse”

I’m trying to write a blog post about my experience. Most everything you have said is what happened to me, minus one small interaction with the guy in yellow jacket. He pulled me aside and whispered in my ear “You shouldn’t be here, this was a f*#king mistake on their part.” then went away. I was a little offended, but I guess it’s part of what this is.

I’m sorry I broke a rule, it wasn’t some malicious attack, just me not reading my emails closely enough.

Lesson learned!

Great meeting all of you, and look forward to the next part of this wacky thing.

Profile photo of JoeKaye
    JoeKaye
    Participant

Glad to hear you’re okay and that I was wrong!

Profile photo of VincentVega
    VincentVega
    Participant

You weren’t wrong! I did break the rules. And I did disappear. This was my first time with this / them / you. It kind of makes everything make a lot more sense.

:-( sorry

Profile photo of 111_error
    111_error
    Participant

Hi there!

I’m the Brit that said you had the most incredible eyes, and then asked if they were backlit …

Glad you had a weird / good time!

Profile photo of Michelle
    Michelle
    Participant

I was sitting right by you @vincentvega I think a lot of us were in a bit of a fog that day and trying to wrap our heads around everything that was transpiring. I admit, I was thinking some of the same things @jkonigsberg was after the event. I too noticed your purse and phone. And, it wasn’t until after everything happened that I asked myself as well if you were planted there for us to say something about. I kept going back to one thing everyone has been repeating about anything being a clue, a puzzle, nothing is random or coincidence where the OOA is concerned.

Being new to all this myself, just as you were, I didn’t know what to think. I still feel out of my element but love it.

Now, what was said to you!?! Wow, I can’t imagine what you were thinking after that. I look forward to reading your blog post and hope you share the link for all of us to read.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register