Are you hiding in the shadows? (A plea to those who lurk.)

Tension brand Forums MISC TENSION DISCUSSION Are you hiding in the shadows? (A plea to those who lurk.)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 96 replies, has 30 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of mrsbeige mrsbeige 7 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

This is my appeal to any who have watched, but not yet spoken:

Lurkers, please don’t fear. Come forth and be heard. You are among your new brothers and sisters. Let us all help each other in our quest to find Light.

There are currently 232 forum members, yet only a fraction of these voices have been heard. Let your voice be heard. The OOA Institute desires this. They ask us to speak truth, to spread the word, recruit, invite in those who seek Light. Please accept this sincere invitation. I have faith that all that come to OOA with an open heart and mind will be welcomed warmly.

Maybe a prompt will help break the ice… What is your name? Where are you from? How did you find this place? Do you have concerns? What’s held you back so far?

Please… anything you’d like to share. I’m interested in knowing you. If it’s easier feel free to reach out via the private messaging system. I’m sure any active member would be pleased to hear from you, myself included.

In Light.
    EH

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

Great idea! To everyone lurking…”remember, you will only get what you put in”

Profile photo of DtheZombie
    DtheZombie
    Participant

I have noticed the steady trickle of users who have been silent, I agree come on out everyone! No sense in being silent, not to mention that community seems to be a large aspect of this experience.

Profile photo of Susie J
    Susie J
    Participant

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by Profile photo of Susie J Susie J.
    Profile photo of Amie
    Amie
    Participant

I can’t wait to see how many members we end up with by the time October rolls around.

Profile photo of hopis
    hopis
    Participant

I’ve only just arrived, but I suspect I will never be able to reach the destination.
    Largely, but not entirely because I live in London.

Don’t worry, many of us are seeking the Light from outside of LA. The OOA is certainly focused in that area for right now, there are promises of Englightenment for others outside of LA as well.

@hopisen2 Welcome. I’m so glad you chose to join us!

The Oracles have stated “they wish to include ALL” so don’t worry about the distance. There is a place for everyone who seeks Light.

Is there anything the forum can do to assist you on your Path?

Profile photo of hopis
      hopis
      Participant

Thank you electric hippo. I am certainly in the dark and seeking the light. I was wondering just now if the James Luther mentioned in the Newsletter might be seeking to follow another of the same name towards the light, and if so he might have been in a position to enlighten his fellow initiates on what the path involves…

Profile photo of Jason Davidson
    Jason Davidson
    Participant

Hello, all.. Thank you for starting this thread..

I’m Jason, from Orange County. I have stayed abreast of all the interesting discussions happening here, but haven’t yet contributed. I submitted my Questionnaire last weekend, but have yet to hear back from the OOA. I’m not very active in social media but have been trying to reach out to others to share about the OOA through more personal, individual channels. I certainly don’t want the folks at the OOA to think I’m not working to spread the word, so I’m making a commitment to be more active her on the forums.

Glory Be to all of you, and a pleasure to meet you..

@jasondavidson Welcome, Jason. It’s a pleasure to meet you as well and thank you for coming forth! I’m also in Orange County. It seems that so far OC is a little bit out of the way for the OOA to invite us to a meeting, but I have faith that will change soon. I hope you decide to check in regularly here at the forum. We can use all the help we can get in solving the riddles that lead us down the path to enlightenment. πŸ˜€

Profile photo of Jason Davidson
    Jason Davidson
    Participant

Thanks for the welcome.

I hope that the OOA knows that our commitment runs deep enough that a drive from OC to LA is nothing in order to fulfill our promise. Nothing more than physical miles and concrete time. I believe that what we are seeking is far more abstract, and probably difficult for us to even begin to really comprehend…

I completely agree. Fifty miles or so won’t stop the truly committed from seeking Light.

Profile photo of Cody
      Cody
      Participant

50 miles bahahahahahahaha
      There is NO limit to great and NO distance to far.

DtheZombie
    Participant

@jasondavidson Nice to meet you!

Profile photo of Amie
    Amie
    Participant

I’m willing to drive from Lompoc if I can and no one knows where Lompoc is! :) Don’t let a small thing like distance get in the way of your path to Light, even if you are in London! By the way, how awesome that someone on here is from London! @electrichippo Good call on starting this thread!

@amieexists Don’t under estimate the power of Lompoc! It’s not so far from LA. I know exactly where it is. I have a couple cousins there. And, thank you for the encouragement on creating this thread. :)

Profile photo of Amie
      Amie
      Participant

We are small but mighty! lol To be honest it’s nice to get to take trips down to LA for all the really cool stuff and then come back to a little town without all the crazy. I will say though, we’ve been to LA around 7 or 8 times since last August for different “events”. We’ll be there tomorrow too for Zombie Joe’s Blood Alley! Too bad I can’t have a consultation tomorrow!

Profile photo of David
    David
    Participant

Everyone who lurks,let it be known that to reach your light you must step out of the darkness.this most likely includes being more active on here.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I’m starting to think that my email came two days ago, just a much shorter version with no personal questions in it.

Profile photo of NojiriHorror
    NojiriHorror

I’ve posted a couple of times, I am trying to become more active. So, HI EVERYONE, again.

NojiriHorror

No, the last contact I had from anyone was about two weeks ago when they sent the package, outside of that it’s been quiet.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

You received a package?

NojiriHorror

yes, I thought everyone did who got a consultation?

Profile photo of Diem
      Diem
      Participant

Are you willing to share what it was?

NojiriHorror

A cassette tape, it took me a minute to actually find someplace to play it. I never figured it out before they came back to retrieve it.

I think it was dropped off on a Sunday and then I had to return it on Tuesday. (my dates might be off, this was like two weeks ago)

Profile photo of Diem
      Diem
      Participant

Someone personally came to your home to retrieve it or you had a place to drop it? Did you see them and if so can you describe who it was?

Profile photo of Jake O
      Jake O
      Participant

Why are you divulging this now?
      Uh, you never thought to make an effort to play it? What’s the point of bringing it up if you didn’t listen to it?

Also curious, how did you return it? Sorry, just sounds a bit fishy to me…

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by Profile photo of Jake O Jake O.
      Profile photo of Diem
      Diem
      Participant

My guess is we won’t ever know now. (sigh)

Profile photo of GATEKEEPER5
    GATEKEEPER5
    Keymaster

Careful with your next words.

NojiriHorror

I did listen to it, it was a series of numbers, and a poem. There were posts about this on reddit board, in the ARG section I believe. In the letter that came with the tape I was instructed not to divulge it’s contents. I never saw who dropped it off or came and picked it up. It was there when I came home from work, with instructions to leave it outside for pickup. It was gone when I came home from work.

Profile photo of GATEKEEPER5
      GATEKEEPER5
      Keymaster

Nojiri, One more word on the contents of the tape and this thread will be closed.

Profile photo of Jake O
      Jake O
      Participant

wait, but you said above you never figured out a place to play it.

Also, not to be a jerk, but this info would be better off posted in a different section. Like OOA evidence. So it doesn’t get lost

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I think Noriji meant that he/she never figured out what the contents of the tape meant.

@norijihorror, where on reddit was this discussed?

Profile photo of Jake O
      Jake O
      Participant

And you don’t find it odd, that he/she suddenly brings this up out of nowhere? When we’ve been talking about people being contacted since the forum opened…
      And in the wrong place as well…

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Um, I find all of this odd. I’ve only been around for three days.

NojiriHorror

Gatekeeper, I won’t.

Jake, what are you talking about?! This is like the 4th time I’ve ever posted on these boards, they aren’t organized very well, and I haven’t gone through all the different sections, If there is a better section, sorry. I clicked on the top section with comments that asked you introduce yourself. I did. I answered a question about if I was any closer to light. THEN, I said, outside of the tape, NO, which I couldn’t figure out. I never said I couldn’t play it, I said “it took me a minute to find someplace to play it”

Where are all your conspiracy theories coming from?

That said, I was the one who created the evidence thread, so I guess I could have been smarter ;-(

Profile photo of Jake O
      Jake O
      Participant

sorry, nojiri, like I said not trying to be a jerk. just pointing out there’s probably a better place for this information. while disorganized, the forums aren’t that complex 😜

I simply find it odd that you never thought this would be a vital or important piece of information to bring up, especially since you created the evidence collection!? thread

Profile photo of Cody
      Cody
      Participant

hmmm

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

Also, this person was called to attend Dorothy’s Ascension as well. There’s a lot of similarities between this person and Ken.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Who was called to attend Dorothy’s Ascension? What does that mean?

Profile photo of Amie
    Amie
    Participant

I go to clean up and come back to all this?! @norijihorror were you instructed to not take any notes for later use since you had to return the tape?

Should we copy some of these posts and try to move them to a better thread?

Profile photo of Erin
      Erin
      Participant

That’s a great idea, @nojirihorror thank you for coming out and sharing with us! Would you be okay with us taking this new find to another thread? We understand if you cannot continue the conversation. Thank you again, and please continue to contribute.

Profile photo of Diem
    Diem
    Participant

@gatekeeper5, please don’t close another thread. Warning taken. Thank you. If that is all Nojir can say then we have to take noted from that. I’m not willing to lose potential initiates, when we are supposed to be increasing our numbers.

Apologies to you @gatekeeper5.

Lurkers: As you see can see from the above exchange, we are quite passionate in our quest for enlightenment. I hope you won’t mistake passion for aggression.

Please continue to come forth and introduce yourself.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Hi everyone – my good friend @daphnemir has decided to begin her journey toward the Light! Unlike me she actually *is* in LA.

Profile photo of Amie
      Amie
      Participant

The OOA will be pleased!

Profile photo of Daphne
      Daphne
      Participant

Thanks for the welcome, @coryphella! I’m exploring and looking forward to getting as deep as I can… I made a phone call the other day, hoping to hear back. Hi fellow allies!

Profile photo of Daphne
      Daphne
      Participant

Oh, a bit about me as well. I have studied light in different forms through lighting design for 7 years of my 9 years of art school. I’m a professional designer, an amateur photographer, adventurer, and I find that light informs all of what I do. I’m extremely curious, in pursuit of light, to create with light, to capture light with my camera when and how I can. I chose my avatar because of its contrast, leaning in to the light, away from the darkness. I too have darkness, but I suppose that’s not for forum introductions. Puzzles aren’t my strong suit, but I’m local, enthusiastic, and best thinking on my feet and in the moment. I’m happy to help however I can–let me know if I can help you find light!

@daphnemir Welcome aboard, Daphne! Sounds like you’re in exactly the right place. Share your thoughts and don’t be afraid to ask for assistance if you find yourself stepping away from the _path. Good luck on your journey.

Profile photo of Eva
    Eva
    Participant

I want in!

@evafay Welcome one step closer to The Light! Where are you on your Path? Have you completed the questionnaire or resolved any of the hidden puzzles?

Profile photo of Eva
    Eva
    Participant

I just called a number and left my name and phone #. That’s as far as I’ve gotten.

@evafay Getting a call back from OOA occurs fairly infrequently so far. If you need any assistance figuring out what to do next feel free to ask for suggestions. The forums are usually a friendly place, just be cautious not to anger The Gatekeepers.

Profile photo of tangent
    tangent
    Participant

Hello all,

I have just today set out on my path to enlightenment. Like @hopisen2 I am based in London, though such arbitrary measurements as ‘distance’ and ‘time’ can surely be circumvented should OOA eventually see fit.

That said, I am yet to complete my questionnaire. I intend to spend an appropriate amount of time over it lest I upset the gatekeepers. Hopefully I will hear something back soon as I am eager to join the path with all of you.

Profile photo of tangent
    tangent
    Participant

Questionnaire all completed and I’m trying to catch up on everything that’s happened so far. It’s proving very difficult! I’ve only just cracked the senses and vision chart puzzles (glory be!) and I’m trying to fathom some of the other information presented.

I don’t know how much I’ll be able to assist all the way over here, but I’ll keep adrift of all new information as much as possible.

@tangent Don’t even worry about the distance. The Oracles have made it clear they want to include all, regardless of time and space. I see you’re digging into some of the mysteries. Have you had a look at the video captioned: “expose an irrational belief, keep a man rational for a day.
      expose irrational thinking, and keep man rational for a lifetime?” Best of luck on your _path towards Light.

Profile photo of tangent
    tangent
    Participant

Thank you @electrichippo; I hope that it has already begun. I am looking at that video now, but presently unsure over whether I am missing any significant pieces of information over where to input that information… I do wonder if Light2dark is involved. I will keep digging…

@tangent If you are ever in need of a little nudge in the right direction with the many mysteries of OOA feel free to send me a note on the private messaging system. Myself, and really any of the others regulars, are happy to help πŸ˜€

Profile photo of tangent
    tangent
    Participant

@electrichippo Thank you so much! I may well have to take you up on that…

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Participant

I’m Eric. I’ve been lurking. Living in Chicago. Dying to know more about the OOA.

Hey @roachmun πŸ˜€ Welcome out of the shadows. I hope you’ll start participating in the forums. I think you’ll find it to be a welcoming environment.

Profile photo of LordofDecay
    LordofDecay
    Participant

Greetings all!

I just got signed up and the questionnaire completed yesterday! I responded to an email this morning from the OOA. This is all very interesting and I am hoping to minimize my time in the shadows by posting right away in the forums. Where would be a good place to start reading to further my understanding of this experience?

Thanks!
    -LoD

@alexvansickle Welcome! A very good summary of events was just published yesterday. Find it here:

Horror Buzz

Hope this is helps get you started. Please excuse my abruptness… I”m just running out the door but will be around a again very shortly :)

Profile photo of Jake O
      Jake O
      Participant

@alexvansickle another good source is:

myhauntlife.com

a blog run by @mike and @reaton
      they have been doing a series of podcasts on the tension experience and have also posted helpful articles summing up the puzzles and events thus far. if you go back and read their stuff from the beginning you will be super caught up. Hope that helps, I know it seems like a lot to grab onto at first!

Profile photo of Rusty
      Rusty
      Participant

@endlesspictures Thank you for the shout-out Jake O, very kind of you. You have certainly helped me gather my thoughts and work on the clues surrounding all this with your posts, as well!! Glad we are all on our separate paths together! πŸ˜‰

@endlesspictures Agreed, @mike and @reaton do a fantastic job explaining Tension and tons of other great “haunt” stuff in and around Los Angeles. This reminded me to go write up my iTunes review. These guys really deserve the praise, but unfortunately have very few reviews. Come on guys, if you’ve listened and enjoyed spread the review love πŸ˜€

One more suggestion for you @alexvansickle

Our fellow Disciples @mike and @thegilded did a nice job answering questions for another recent new registrant, here:
    “I’m New”

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

You make me blush. Seriously, THANK YOU. We’re just a couple of horror nerds who talk about things we love.

You guys rule…

LordofDecay
    Participant

A big thanks to you guys for helping me out! Im very excited as I just puzzled out the video with Rosemary acquiring true sight! Very creepy!

Profile photo of Jake O
      Jake O
      Participant

@alexvansickle nice work, that was fast! most people seem to get stuck on the puzzle before the video
      There are definitely a few more things to discover through the letters from gatekeeper 5 and the videos.

Profile photo of Amie
      Amie
      Participant

@mike @reaton I need to jump in on the podcast love too. I had listened to a couple (Haunt season reviews?) and really enjoyed them! I meant to keep up and forgot but last night I listened to 10 and it was great! I’m going to go back through the others! Thanks for doing what you do, it’s awesome! I was laughing thinking about how much of a nerd I am with all of this! :)

Profile photo of Amie
      Amie
      Participant

Sorry! haha I replied to the wrong comment! You all get it though…

Profile photo of Rusty
      Rusty
      Participant

@amieexists Wow, THANK YOU for the kind words and for listening to @mike and I nerding out about the things we enjoy.

Very happy to here you have a nerd side, as well. Please nurture it, love it and encourage it to grow!!!! πŸ˜‰

Profile photo of Amie
      Amie
      Participant

I very much enjoy nerding out and I will continue to do those things! :)

Profile photo of Mike
      Mike
      Participant

Wow thank you @amieexists! We’re all nerds deep down…but at least we have a support group now haha Also, just saw your update…congrats!!!!

Profile photo of Amie
      Amie
      Participant

Thanks! I was thinking the same thing last night when I was listening. We’re all nerding out together! :)

Profile photo of Rusty
    Rusty
    Participant

@electrichippo Wow, thank you for the kind words. In the daily life of work obligations, etc, it is nice to hear we may have provided something useful and fun for you! As @mike said, we are a couple of horror nerds doing what we do ’cause we love it all.
    Your presence here in the forums has been helpful as a guide for me, at times, for sure! Keep up the interest and the cool conversation!
    @alexvansickle Welcome and glad you are having fun exploring the puzzles and clues! Happy you “met” Rosemary.

I don’t want to steer to far off topic but i have to say, @reaton Thanks to your stellar review I will be attending Seance it’s final weekend. It was funny because I had two teenagers begging me to invite them along. I made them listen to your Seance segment and afterwards they said: “Wait, isn’t that the crazy guy who let’s people hog tie him and throw him in the back of strange vehicles??!! And, he was creeped out by this??? Amazinggg, let’s do this!” I assured them you are a very nice (although potentially slightly unhinged) man πŸ˜‰

Profile photo of Rusty
      Rusty
      Participant

Wow, you just made me smile!!!
      Hope you enjoy it!!! It is creepy fun!! Go in and… choose to believe!!!! πŸ˜‰
      (And PLEASE let me know what you think when you have done it!!)

To clarify, only my hands were tied when I was thrown into the strange vehicle. I was not hogtied. ‘Cause that would be just crazy. πŸ˜‰

Profile photo of Jake O
      Jake O
      Participant

@reaton slightly unhinged is how I prefer my friends 😜

Profile photo of creepsociety
    creepsociety
    Participant

Finally have a chance to update and not just lurk. Show me the light y’all!

@ephorrorsociety Welcome! I’m sure it’s a little overwhelming to jump in at this point when so much has already happened. If you have any questions or feel you’re in need of help, just ask. We’re a pretty okay bunch πŸ˜‰

Profile photo of debzies
    debzies
    Participant

I check this forum about once a week, if that, as my job is pretty demanding and my phone seemed to stop letting me sign into my account. So, I am not able to be glued/addicted to this forum as much as I was hoping for. I still have over 650 something messages in my Tension group chat that I just can’t seem to catch up on.

I have been doing things on my own, though… as much as time allows.

Update wise:
    I have had a consultation in the very beginning. It was amazing.
    A lot of communication with Tension in the beginning as well, but trickled as the forums took over.
    I have a slot for this Saturday– was told to keep 3pm open but they will call in the AM and let me know the exacts.
    Very excited.

Other than that, I look forward to be meeting the select few of you over this weekend.

Glory to the OOA. The Light.
    It must be.

DtheZombie
    Participant

@alexvansickle Welcome!

LordofDecay
    Participant

Do most of you live around the CA area then? Since I have seen a few meetups and events I was just curious.

Profile photo of Amie
      Amie
      Participant

@alexvansickle I’d say the majority of people are in Southern California or surrounding areas, but that doesn’t mean the OOA won’t contact you.

Profile photo of Aerosquirrel
    Aerosquirrel
    Participant

Thanks be to Debz for she has ushered towards the light from within the virtual world (of Warcraft ;D). I’ve been spending time reading across the forums, various sites and blogs to catch up with so much that I’ve missed out. I’ve found some fun things from behind the screen, and I’m keeping an eye out for new and missed. I’ve got some ideas to share that I’ll post about soon as I hammer out the ABCs. Ciao!

Profile photo of Mustafa Said
    Mustafa Said
    Participant

Welp, I consider myself rather lucky as hell. Got an email telling me to be more active in the community and after some digging in the forums, I found this nifty thread. I’m not so sure that I’ve fully introduced myself so I think this would be a wonderful place to do so.

My name is Mustafa Said. I found this, the Tension Experience, at the recommendation of a friend on Twitter. (not sure if that friend is involved in this community as well.) As for my location, I’m from Overland Park Kansas.

What has been holding me back from being more involved are two things.

The first is my own personal schedule. I’ve been in the forums sporadically since the beginning but my own life has pulled me in and out of the community. I’ve seemingly missed important events in the experience so far. And to make things slightly harder, I’m not so certain I’ll be able to contribute much even now due to some radical changes that will see me cutting down on my time online.

The second thing ties in deeper to the whole “sporadic” appearances in the community. I’ve always enjoyed having real-time collaboration of some sort when it comes to communities sprouting up around strange experiences. I’m ok with being on the forums but having another platform to communicate with others. I’ve heard of a Slack channel that is used but I’ve spoken to the person who’s running it and that individual might be shutting it down.

And finally, I’ve been touch and go with the puzzles lurking around the site. I’m not a puzzler by any real means.

SO, that’s my story. I hope to be more active around here but I’m not too sure. Things are changing for me-hopefully in a good way-but for that change to come, I might need to be silent for just a bit longer. Just a tiny bit, I promise. Once I have the means and the time to do so, I hope to be more active. And hell, it’s not like I’m a mouse-I’ve been trying to drum up interesting recruitment options for others. I’m working on it.

Overall, I’d like to apologize for my silence. And I-once again-promise I’ll be heard soon.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Profile photo of Mustafa Said Mustafa Said.

There’s definitely a lot and it can be overwhelming at times. If you have any questions about puzzles, stories, or anything that you’ve missed, please feel free to ask and a swarm of people will surely step in to try to fill you in on what you’ve missed or don’t understand.

Which is not to say that we understand too much more in the first place, of course

Profile photo of Mustafa Said
    Mustafa Said
    Participant

I guess, for myself, I’m kind of generally lost as to how to proceed. I feel like I’m stumbling in the dark in a sense. I’m trying to absorb all this information but there’s just not a click going off in my head, something that makes all the pieces fit together. I also feel lost with the puzzles hidden on the site-particularly the vision test puzzle.

Profile photo of Mike
      Mike
      Participant

For the vision test, I’d like to quote @thegilded

“It’s vital to remember that this is not as much a puzzle as it is a vision test. So don’t ask yourself what you think it means or how to decode it, ask yourself truly β€œWhat do you see?””

Profile photo of Bobglob
    Bobglob
    Participant

During Passover, there is the section where there is the tale of four children. One child is wise. One child is wicked. One child is simple. And one child does not know how to ask. It is a section where Jews are taught to explain to their children about the story of Passover. Well, here, I am the fourth child. I do not know how to ask. I lurk because I do not understand. I have no answers because I do not know the questions to arrive at the answers. I feel like I’ve walked into the middle of Game of Thrones and I don’t know a Stark from a Ramsey Bolton from a Targaryan. Is there a cheat sheet?

Profile photo of ReidV
    ReidV
    Participant

R
    E
    D
    D
    I
    T
    (Also just PM us :) )

Profile photo of Ezi
    Ezi
    Participant

Hi, I have been lurking and reading since signing up just over a week ago (although it feels like so much longer). I haven’t been able to be active much and explore as much as I’ve wanted to. I am also leaving the country to go back to South Africa in 2 months, which will further hinder my involvement. I am enjoying the puzzles, still figuring some out. I’m going to try and be slightly more active in the forums at least, even if I’m just able to check in once a week or so.

I did receive a curious pm from someone, but not sure if this is the right thread to discuss that in so wouldn’t mind some advice on what to do in the situation.

Profile photo of ReidV
    ReidV
    Participant

Welcome :) dont feel discouraged! We have several long distance members, and 2 months is a good time period to get some close up action in.

As for the PM, really depends what it involved, who you can trust, and how you wish to align yourself. Choose carefully πŸ˜‰

Profile photo of mrsbeige
    mrsbeige
    Participant

I am based in London and have been lurking in the shadows, thinking that I have no part to play. But now I realize I was wrong, I now believe that I can find the light though I am far away. Greetings to you all. Glory be.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register