Blumhouse article discussion – 7/11

Tension brand Forums MISC TENSION DISCUSSION Blumhouse article discussion – 7/11

This topic contains 22 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Cody Cody 7 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

This article has, rightfully, sparked enough conversation that it deserves its own thread.

Try to talk about it here instead of activity comments, yeah?

Profile photo of TheBuz
    TheBuz
    Participant

Just when I think I’m out… They pull me back in. 🙄

Profile photo of Michael Rizzo
    Michael Rizzo
    Participant

How much narative are we expecting in this massive haunt(?) type thing in sept? If we’ve been rolling thru the beta this whole time, we were just a test run for them. The sept event must be set up so newer people who just buy tickets without checking out forums can still understand what’s happening.

There may be some “required reading” going into it, or since it’s a couple hours long maybe the “story” will be introduced or not introduced depending on whether its peoples’ first time experiencing it or not

Michael Rizzo
      Participant

I can see that, with that much time they could easily do a “previously in the tension experience” type thing… Also what I imagine is with that much time for a walkthrough, they can easily blast through every kind of haunt you’ve ever been through. They can do a group portion, single walkthrough portion, artsy surreal portion, straight up horror pop out. They could just have an all in one haunt

Profile photo of Jake O
      Jake O
      Participant

I wonder if there will be a bathroom break 😝

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

This makes me have so many more questions!

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

AUGH SEPTEMBER!!!!

I hope I can be out there for some of this. I really do.

Profile photo of Cody
      Cody
      Participant

Right! I should have waited for my trip until then! Boohoo.

Michael Rizzo
    Participant

If I’m correct, this is the first time tension game runners and coming out in the open with any kind of publicity right? Aside from random Twitter posts and a few email blasts?

I can’t recall any other time in which the people behind The Powers That Be directly spoke publicly in this way, no.

Profile photo of Ezi
    Ezi
    Participant

I’ll just repeat what I said in the status. I think it’s amazing how intricate and detailed this all is! I wish with all my heart I was still here in september.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I found this part particularly interesting:

“What I could gather from Andrew’s report, as well as my conversation with the organizers, led me to believe that the “OOA” (who chose to remain anonymous for his article, also refusing to reveal exactly how many people have orchestrated in this project) are compiling psychological profiles of each participant, in order to more precisely coordinate the course of events which will come next. This process is referred to by the designers as “Winding the Clock.””

Michael Rizzo
      Participant

So maybe when we are told to wind the clock, we need to be active more so they can get more info on us I order to make the next live event that much more personal?

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

Or, just to make our paths more personal?

Either way it provides some information to answer a question we’ve been asking for awhile. :)

Profile photo of creepsociety
    creepsociety
    Participant

This article was great because it shed some light as well as giving us a thousand more things to question. Since I live far away, I don’t want the experience to end so I’m curious to see how far it is taken for those of us out of state. I also am going to save my pennies to see what’s up because I cannot miss out on this 😭😍

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

It saddened me too – September feels too soon. I’m hoping that I can come out for a weekend or maybe two, depending on when these “several weeks” fall, and that if we come out for a short period of time like that there will still be room for us to participate.

Some conversation was here about a phone call @aleocotillo received after reading this article. I’ve moved it to here

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

Crazy theory alert…just warning you all

So this cat that wrote the article doesn’t sound like he’s really engaged. He said the last article was in March. So chances are, he’s not 100% up to date on what’s happened with Tension, the OOA, III, Four, Benny, Tom, Addison, etc. What if he was told he was meeting with the OOA to get more background on it and he got intercepted a la what happened to @reaton in May. Maybe he thought he was meeting with the creators, but he was really meeting with BoS or some other faction wanting this to end..or wanting us to end and to drop our guard after September.

Dun dun dunnnnnnn

Profile photo of Mustafa Said
      Mustafa Said
      Participant

I would be very surprised if so. I do wonder in that case..how can we trust whether the info he’s being given is actually true?

Profile photo of Mike
      Mike
      Participant

What you said about him about possibly sounding like he’s discrediting the article is what made me think that :)

Profile photo of Blondie
    Blondie
    Participant

There is also the photo on Instagram to consider, showing a warehouse, titled “our blank canvas will soon turn into your tension”…

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Our blank canvas will soon turn into your tension. #soon

A photo posted by Tension (@the_tension_experience) on

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register