June 26th and July 10th Mixer

Tension brand Forums IN PERSON EVENT DISCUSSIONS June 26th and July 10th Mixer

Tagged: 

This topic contains 116 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Amie Amie 7 years, 9 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

Alright so let’s make this happen. Let’s meet each other at our own mixer! To make things simple, how’s June 26th? We all have different schedules but would the evening work? Location is always kinda hassle to pin down but if you guys have suggestions, I’m all ears.

Anyhow, let’s make something happen.

• This topic was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of Melissa Melissa.
    • This topic was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of Melissa Melissa.
    Profile photo of Michelle
    Michelle
    Participant

I’m completely down for this. My son has a water polo tournament during the day so the evening is great:) Thank you Melissa for starting this:)

Profile photo of Iris Halliwell
    Iris Halliwell
    Participant

Sadly this is a little too short notice for me :-/ I have plans next weekend. I was going to try to aim something for the weekend of July 9th-10th. Buuuuut I am only one person so we can always do both, and I hope you all have a wonderful time without me.

Profile photo of Andrew Kasch
    Andrew Kasch
    Participant

I could only do evening that day as I will be coming back in town. But this sounds fun!

Profile photo of Jake O
    Jake O
    Participant

escape room mixer?

Profile photo of Cody
    Cody
    Participant

Hopefully this falls on my trip there boys and gals! I would love to meet you guys!

Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

@endlesspictures not a bad idea, it just depends on whose in for sure. Plus getting an escape room for next weekend may be hard to pull off but it’s not impossible.

@irishalliwell120, yes we can absolutely do something in July as well! I just personally went for June 26th because I know @111error will be in town and I wanted some opportunity to get Tension people together in case the June 25th OOA Orientation is a bust due to the calendar being ignored. But ya if you want to plan the July date let us know, I’m partially free that weekend. :)

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of Melissa Melissa.
    Profile photo of Susie J
    Susie J
    Participant

Me and @prufrock5150 are down for the 26th and in July!

Profile photo of Susie J
    Susie J
    Participant

Here’s a thought, we could reserve a party room at like a pizza place or a bowling alley, decorate it for a kid’s party and just all show up in black and stand around quietly being creepy.

Profile photo of Jake O
      Jake O
      Participant

this would be amazing

Profile photo of Cody
      Cody
      Participant

Lmao.

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

Amazing.

Profile photo of _Michael Gray
    _Michael Gray
    Participant

Just a thought, but does anyone have a house or property where we can BBQ and have our own dinner? I would love to cook for you all, I’m quite handy in the kitchen 😜

Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

I like all the ideas! How about this:

June 26–somewhere public because a mixer at someone’s house may be too short of time to get that organized.

July date–maybe mixer at someone’s house or apartment/condo rec room area?? I’d personally say Mac and cheese gathering :)

Iris Halliwell
    Participant

Yay @mkarrett that’s great news! Except the part about @111error being in town on what is clearly the wrong weekend as I will not be there to meet his awesome self. I guess we will both have to return to the city of angels to make that happen.
    @kingkill33 I think that’s an amazing idea and would gladly offer my house, but everyone and their mother would have to come all the way down to San Diego to do so. But I love food, so we’ll have to figure out a way that you can make some. Perhaps barbeque at a park or beach? Do people still do this? What kind of food do you cook?
    @endlesspictures I’d do an escape room with you any day. Sounds like fun :-)

_Michael Gray
    Participant

@irishalliwell120 My specialties are Italian, American BBQ, and Mexican, but give me a recipe and I’ll nail it. I definitely have enough tricks up my sleeve to cook for us.
    @mkarrett I have outdoor grills and a pool/spa. Maybe we can plan for that down the line. I’d have to clear it with the apartments, which has been done before, but it would require some planning.

Profile photo of Susie J
      Susie J
      Participant

June mixer, July potluck! I’ll bring the sausage dip!

Iris Halliwell
    Participant

@mkarrett -“Macaroni and cheese gathering”-I HAVE NEVER BEEN THIS EXCITED ABOUT ANYTHING IN MY LIFE.
    Can we please invite @gatekeeper3 ? We all know how much he loves cheesy noodles 😛
    @kingkill33 -Italian?!? Please say lemon chicken. Pleeeaaassse say lemon chicken. God I love lemon chicken.

_Michael Gray
    Participant

@irishalliwell120 How about one better… A lemon caper sauce with grilled chicken breast, served on a tussle of angle hair pasta, with a house made ceaser salad. Oh gawd, I wanna eat now haha.

Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

@kingkill33 can you inquire with your dwelling manager and see if it would be okay for us to come in July?

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of Melissa Melissa.
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Can I skype in? :)

_Michael Gray
    Participant

@mkarrett I will as soon as I get home in a few days. I’ll keep you updated.

Profile photo of Melissa
      Melissa

Thanks @kingkill33! If I don’t hear from you in a few days I’ll follow-up. :)

Michelle
    Participant

I make a killer vanilla bean cheesecake with homemade whipped cream and a chocolate wafer crust.

I’m in for both dates as well. I may be a little late to the July gathering but I’ll make it work.

Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

@halfbloodfangirl –I make a mean spinach artichoke cheese dip! With Mac and Cheese I think we could actually have a pretty awesome cheese-centric gathering!

Michelle
      Participant

@mkarrett Bring your own cheese dish party! Instead of BYOB, we’ll bring our own cheese. 😉

Profile photo of Cody
    Cody
    Participant

So I would like to put it forward that we should follow the advice of 4 and make the events a “family affair”.
    I was wondering how literal this was meant to be.
    When I arrive in LA in July I will be accompanied by my family. My misses has given me the go ahead to abandon them for a day or two for events while we are there. If there were to be a community gathering I would like all of your blessings for them to attend as well. She Is starting to become quite interested herself.
    If not I understand. It seems to me that any good community has families within them… I dunno. lol.

Profile photo of Susie J
      Susie J
      Participant

I say bring them. The more the merrier. My husband was graciously welcomed and eventually pulled in as a full apostle himself, right @prufrock5150? =P

Profile photo of Cody
      Cody
      Participant

Oh my 😄. @prufrock5150?… Is your Ole man!? What!! Bahahaha 😮. You guys are two of my favorite individuals on here. So full of imagination. Cant wait to meet you guys for reals!

I must go now. A tasty treat awaits to satisfy my ravenous munchies!
      hahaha

View post on imgur.com

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of Cody Cody.
      Profile photo of Mike
      Mike
      Participant

Hell yeah….but only if you say “aboot” and “eh” a lot 😀

Profile photo of Cody
      Cody
      Participant

Oh yes, I will be dropping mega éh bombs on the reg. Not to sure about the aboot’s though. However, the top of my head will definitely flail wildly when I speak.

Profile photo of Cody
      Cody
      Participant
    Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

For June 26th gathering I was thinking EightyTwo or XLanes in little Tokyo.

However, I’m holding off on solidifying the meet up place until I figure out where VesCorp is doing their event that evening.

Profile photo of Mike
      Mike
      Participant

I don’t think we should do a bar since *some* people wouldn’t be able to attend…coughrizzocough and whoever else has that problem :/

Profile photo of Jake O
      Jake O
      Participant

damn @rizzzoooooo always screwing everything up!

Profile photo of Susie J
      Susie J
      Participant

Leave him alone! He’s just a baby! 😆

Profile photo of Michael Rizzo
      Michael Rizzo
      Participant

Thanks for thinking of me bb ❤️
      BUT by then I should be good to go for those venues 😉😉

Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

Ohhhhhhh I keep forgetting we have youngin’s. No problem, Wurstkusch has that patio area. We’ll figure it out, I’m sure.

Profile photo of JoeKaye
    JoeKaye
    Participant

I’m down for whatever y’all. Sorry I’ve been so quiet this past week. Things have been a little emotionally rough on my end. I’m feeling better. Much better.

Profile photo of Melissa
      Melissa

Sounds good, we’ll see you this Sunday! TBA location

Profile photo of LordofDecay
    LordofDecay
    Participant

You’ll have to post pictures after the fact for those of us not in the area! I guess if there is any North Dakotans in the forums I would love to meet up 😀

Andrew Kasch
    Participant

Totally down for the 26th!

Profile photo of Nosnevets
    Nosnevets
    Participant

Totally up for offering my backyard for one of these or future barbecues. I have a small charcoal grill, a big backyard, and a pool =). Might need to buy some chairs and things though depending on how many are interested in coming.

Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

Okay location determined for June 26, 2016 from 7-10p:

Wurstküche
    800 E 3rd St
    Los Angeles, CA 90013

Hope to see you there fellow Tensionites!

I’ll post to forum on Sunday once I’m there to give you an idea where I’m seated. It will probably be the patio if there’s space.

@kasch, @jkonigsberg, @rizzzoooooo, @mike, @prufrock5150, @monkeymuffin333, @halfbloodfangirl

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of Melissa Melissa. Reason: tagging
      Profile photo of Susie J
      Susie J
      Participant

Yep! We’ll be there!!

_Michael Gray
    Participant

See you all there!!

Profile photo of TheBuz
    TheBuz
    Participant

I’ll wear my U.S. of A Undies.

Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

Great, I’ll know exactly how to find you, seeing that I fully expect you to show up in nothing but your USA underpants (grin)

Profile photo of TheBuz
    TheBuz
    Participant

SUMMER IS COMING.

Profile photo of prufrock5150
    prufrock5150
    Participant
    Michelle
    Participant

See you all on Sunday!

Profile photo of Nosnevets
    Nosnevets
    Participant

I’ll be there!

Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

Awesome! This is goes with anybody that is going, feel free to have loved ones come. Sounds like this mixer will have a pretty decent turn out! :)

Profile photo of Jake O
      Jake O
      Participant

I’m going to try and make it after alien v musical.

Andrew Kasch
    Participant

See all of you tonight!

_Michael Gray
    Participant

And the wife agreed to come!! GLORY BE!! Haha

Profile photo of ReidV
    ReidV
    Participant

Aspostles victorious at Crossroads! Escaped the Funhouse with 18 min. To spare 😃

Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

#COMMUNITY

Profile photo of Amie
    Amie
    Participant

Have so much fun everyone! I’m only a smidge jealous! 😉

Profile photo of JoeKaye
    JoeKaye
    Participant

What burns me the most is that I so could’ve gone but I’ve been stupidly silent on the forums for a while! Bahhhhh! I’m glad everyone had a good time though and Melissa omg I just read your blogpost omg. Anyway, I really hope I can make whatever the next meet up is.

Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

July Meet-Up & Potluck
    Derek Stevenson’s House
    RSVP via PM to receive Derek’s address
    3-8pm

Come for meeting up and chilling out with your Tensionites! If you have folding chairs please bring them! Make sure to bring your bathing suit, sunblock, and your favorite potluck food/drink. If you have family or kids, bring them too. Kindly RSVP to @nosnevets via PM so he has a head count before July 10th. Thanks and hope to see you then!

Profile photo of Mike
      Mike
      Participant

Friendly suggestion – only give the address to people who rsvp and don’t keep that information public :)

Profile photo of Melissa
      Melissa

I ran it by Derek and he said it’s okay to have his address up here on forum. :)

Profile photo of Mike
      Mike
      Participant

Time to sign up for free magazines!

Profile photo of Melissa
      Melissa

That is true Tension right there. Fine I’ll just edit, yeesh. lol

Andrew Kasch
      Participant

Cool! I’ll see you there!

Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

REMINDER!

Please RSVP to @nosnevets if you plan on coming to this Sunday’s Potluck/Meet up.

**Information from a few posts up**
    Derek Stevenson’s House
    RSVP via PM to receive Derek’s address in Pasadena, CA
    3-8pm

Come for meeting up and chilling out with your Tensionites! If you have folding chairs please bring them! Make sure to bring your bathing suit, sunblock, and your favorite potluck food/drink. If you have family or kids, bring them too. Kindly RSVP to @nosnevets via PM so he has a head count before July 10th. Thanks and hope to see you then!

• This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Profile photo of Melissa Melissa. Reason: Reposting stuff that got drowned
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Profile photo of Melissa Melissa.
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Where is it going to be?

Profile photo of Melissa
      Melissa

Pasadena, CA

I’ll edit my post but the information is in this thread. :)

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

Looks like I need about $1000 to go; better start saving up.

Profile photo of Susie J
      Susie J
      Participant

Is it still cheese themed?

Profile photo of Melissa
      Melissa

@monkeymuffin333 sure! I mean who doesn’t like cheese? Actually we should probably say what we’re bringing so we avoid bringing nothing but sodas and meatballs.

Please indicate if you’re bringing something here on this google spreadsheet please.

Profile photo of Susie J
      Susie J
      Participant

@prufrock5150, please put us down for sausage dip and chips.

Profile photo of prufrock5150
      prufrock5150
      Participant

So, one keg of meatball soda. Check.

Profile photo of Lucus
      Lucus
      Participant

“A keg of meatball soda” I have tears from the laughter.

Profile photo of Crelegant
    Crelegant
    Participant

I really wish I weren’t in far, far away Tennessee-land and could go to stuff. I’d bring everyone one of those annoying little party blower things! XD

Profile photo of Melissa
      Melissa

I wish you weren’t so far too! :(

_Michael Gray
    Participant

I tried the google doc and it wasn’t working on my phone @mkarrett but I will bring meat to bbq up, possibly kabobs. I’ll also bring other stuff to bbq for during the day.

Profile photo of Melissa
      Melissa

Ya I’m a dummy and forgot to change permissions, it’s changed now but I’ll put you down for meat/BBQ stuff.

Andrew Kasch
    Participant

Want me to bring some Ecto Cooler?

Profile photo of Melissa
      Melissa

Holy crap I haven’t had Ecto Cooler in a long time! They still make that?!

Profile photo of Neil King
    Neil King
    Participant

Looks like I’ll be able to make this Sunday’s mixer! Tell me what to bring and I’ll bring it.

Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

BUMP!

Please RSVP to @nosnevets if you plan on coming to this Sunday’s (7-10-16) Potluck/Meet up.

Derek Stevenson’s House
    3-8pm

Profile photo of Jake O
      Jake O
      Participant

this will be yet another meet up I have to miss. my wife surprised with a trip to Palm Springs for my birthday. I won’t be back until Monday.

Say hello to III for me

Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

FINAL BUMP!

Please RSVP to @nosnevets if you plan on coming to this Sunday’s (7-10-16) Potluck/Meet up.

Derek Stevenson’s House
    3-8pm

Profile photo of Mike
      Mike
      Participant

Did anyone notice that III is apparently coming and bringing a plumbus tomorrow? He (or someone) put it down on the Google Doc! hahaha

Profile photo of Cody
      Cody
      Participant

I dont see this “plumbus” in the google doc. I do see that my chronicle has been slightly modified however.
      What is the importance of the “Â’s” all over the place?

Profile photo of Cody
      Cody
      Participant

I see. Was looking at the wrong google doc. hah.

Profile photo of Cody
      Cody
      Participant

“plumbus
      First they take the dinglebop, and they smooth it out with a bunch of schleem. The schleem is then repurposed for later batches. They take the dinglebop and push it through the krumbo, where the fleeb is rubbed against it. It’s important that the fleeb is rubbed, because the fleeb has all of the fleeb juice. Then a schlomi shows up, and rubs it, and spits on it. They cut the fleeb. There are several hizzards in the way. The blamphs rub against the trumbles, and the plubus and grumbo are shaved away. That leaves you with a regular old plumbus.
      Everyone has a plumbus in their home.”

Profile photo of Ezi
    Ezi
    Participant

I think III has been at netflix again!

_Michael Gray
    Participant

Can’t wait to see alot of you tomorrow! Already got the salsa and beef kabobs marinating overnight for ultimate deliciousness!!

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

Also, can we have some sort of rule that if you’re playing that stupid Pokemon game more than you’re hanging out/chatting with everyone, that you get to meet III and his staple gun? :)

Profile photo of JoeKaye
      JoeKaye
      Participant

A) not stupid
      B) DONT CRUSH MY CHILDHOOD DREAMS FONTAINE! 😩😩

Profile photo of Susie J
      Susie J
      Participant

I will restrain myself. 😔

Profile photo of Susie J
      Susie J
      Participant

*plots to take a picture of a Pokemon on @mike‘s head*. 😼

Profile photo of Mustafa Said
      Mustafa Said
      Participant

I support this idea. 😀

Profile photo of Rusty
      Rusty
      Participant

I bet there will be Pokemon. How much do they eat… my dip recipe came out smaller than I expected :/

Profile photo of 111_error
      111_error
      Participant

Profile photo of AH-lay
    AH-lay
    Participant

Ah heck…at times like these is when I wish I wasn’t living in the little town of Prescott Valley, AZ…have fun, guys!

Profile photo of Ezi
    Ezi
    Participant

Hope you guys have a great day! Keep an eye on the happenings, seems maybe you will get a treasure hunt?

Profile photo of JoeKaye
    JoeKaye
    Participant

Is anybody heading from the NoHo/Burbank/Valley Village/etc. areas? Could I maybe bum a ride with one of y’all? 😀

_Michael Gray
      Participant

Just sent you a PM. Let’s work this out.

@jkonigsberg – we’ll be passing through, can pick you up if no one else is available. But we’re going to leave a little early at six or seven. Check pm’s for my number if you want to take me up on that

Profile photo of JoeKaye
    JoeKaye
    Participant

Thanks y’all the fabulous Michael Grey is gonna give me a ride. See y’all soon!!!

Profile photo of American Ruin
    American Ruin
    Participant

Hope everyone is having fun!
    I was looking forward to meeting everyone, but I wont be able to make it out this time.
    Here’s hoping something unexpected brings a little tension for all.

Cheers!

Profile photo of 111_error
    111_error
    Participant

Profile photo of Nate
    Nate
    Participant

It is absolutely imperative that someone post any occurrences exactly at 8 your time.

Profile photo of Amie
      Amie
      Participant

Just curious of the reason for this, not sure if I missed something.

Andrew Kasch
      Participant

Why do you say that?

Profile photo of Melissa
      Melissa

Why?

Profile photo of creepsociety
      creepsociety
      Participant

Why do you say that?

Profile photo of Nate
      Nate
      Participant

Because I’m thirty five and a half hours away and there’re others who are more and I just wanna knowwwww. Lol. I say eight because that’s the end time of the party.

Profile photo of ReidV
    ReidV
    Participant

Seeing such a diverse and amazing group of friends is what this is all about. 😃
    (Btw we are flipping off dear @111error 😘)

Profile photo of creepsociety
    creepsociety
    Participant

😭 whyyyy am I so far 😭 This looks wonderful! ❤️

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register