Has Sentinel/BOS taken over the OOA?

Tension brand Forums THEORIES, PUZZLES, DECODING THEIR MESSAGE Has Sentinel/BOS taken over the OOA?

This topic contains 29 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Andrew Kasch Andrew Kasch 7 years, 9 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Andrew Kasch
    Andrew Kasch
    Participant

I’ve posted this theory in other topics, but recent events make me VERY suspicious about what’s going on behind the OOA curtain. We know there’s a power struggle going on over control of the Institute, but the “who” and “why” of it is still largely a mystery to us. So let’s review:

– Months back, the Brotherhood of Seraph and a figure known as “Sentinel” hacked the Tension Facebook and website, making troll-like posts and saying they would destroy the OOA.
    – Just before the mixer, Sentinel tricks several members into a meet-up. They are working with Addison’s parents to get her back.
    – Just after the mixer, some Apostles received calls warning them that members of BOS have already infiltrated the OOA.
    – GK4 disappears with Addison.
    – Shortly after the Griffith Park farewell letter, @thebuz is told by Tension that they don’t know how to handle the new Gatekeeper and that he’s out of control.
    – GK3 takes over and begins dismantling the entire OOA infrastructure. @mike is stripped of his rank for asking questions. Higher ranking members are silenced, presumed dead. Institute deadlines are missed. We hear rumblings from within the OOA that GK3 is burning down everything.
    – GK4 and Addison re-emerge with a clear plot to take down GK3.

I also find it strange that during yesterday’s “Mayhem” frenzy, it was @electrichippo – a known Sentinel operative – that started telling us we should take the “kindness” route with 3. Then today, GK3 pulls that stunt with @thebuz (well played, BTW) like a true professional internet troll.

I think there’s a big chance that GK3’s hostile takeover is in fact the work of Sentinel/BOS. That this was all set in motion by the events that happened at the OOA mixer. GK4 saw this coming and whisked Addison away with her where she has been grooming her to take back the Institute – as Gatekeeper 2. And what better way to strike back against Sentinel than to turn the one person they’ve wanted against them?

In short, we are right in the middle of a Game of Thrones power play.

I could totally be off base here, and it wouldn’t be the first time where my Tension theories have been wrong. But this sequence of events is really hard to ignore. Nothing is random.

Profile photo of Ezi
    Ezi
    Participant

This is a great theorie, been thinking along similar lines with four/addison. I just wonder how would III have been able to infiltrate to the level of gatekeeper.

Profile photo of TheBuz
    TheBuz
    Participant

Glad you’ve come forward with this theory, @kasch.

The actions of @gatekeeper3 over the course of the past few weeks have told me one thing and one thing alone… He does NOT have the best interests in mind for us, The Institute, or any of the community we’ve built here.

Even if this theory is off base, it doesn’t change the fact that @gatekeeper3 is an operative of destruction, and should not be allowed to continue his reign here any longer.

I S T A N D W I T H F O U R

Profile photo of Jake O
    Jake O
    Participant

this all sounds pretty possible to me. my question would be: why is gatekeeper 3 bad in this scenario? why is BOS bad?

weren’t a lot of us questioning the safety of addy and the intentions of the institute when it comes to her safety? before 3 distracted everyone with his shenanigans.
    now four is bringing her back, but presumably not as herself. is she really okay?

maybe dismantling the OOA is a good thing? especially if it is an evil cult.

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

Interesting theory! Here’s the thing I keep getting hung up on. Everyone knew III was coming (and sooner than expected). From all of our other theories, he’s going through the life cycle. If that’s the case, then how could he have been BoS? What I mean is, it seems everyone knew about him already and knew he was a little rascal. So I don’t know if he could have been BoS because they would have had to get to him in the “womb” so to speak.

If BoS is controlling III (maybe like the other theories about taking over a body), then who is right and who is wrong now?

Also, if III is going through a life cycle, I can’t wait until he gets to senility and I remind him about the money I lent him 😀

Andrew Kasch
      Participant

It’s true, we knew III was coming. But is this the III they had planned?

Interesting how GK4 left sooner than expected, no?

Profile photo of Mike
      Mike
      Participant

I’m wondering if there are more emails to uncover (although it’s weird to think of Gatekeepers using email). I mean, we saw an email from Clockmaker9, so what if Four was like “No, screw this, he’s not ready! If you do this, then I’ll do….” and then she went rogue.

Andrew Kasch
    Participant

My other theory is that this entire thing is a smokescreen and that nothing has changed in the OOA. That they are just orchestrating this as a test to see how the Apostles handle it.
    Hell, BOS/Sentinel… Addison…. even Jenna could be working within the OOA to test us on our _path.

But I don’t think so.

Profile photo of Susie J
      Susie J
      Participant

Stop being the Devil’s Avocado! My head is spinning!

Profile photo of Jake O
      Jake O
      Participant
      Profile photo of
      Anonymous

Evil Avocado!

Profile photo of Susie J
      Susie J
      Participant

😂

Profile photo of Nosnevets
      Nosnevets
      Participant

Both are fascinating theories… The second, it being a smokescreen, to give more evidence is interesting to me because when the hack did happen nothing was actually changed. The Html of the site was the same. All the pages, pictures, puzzles, hidden videos were still there just behind a wall of red with the message we all saw making them unclickable and therefore un accessible…

What I found intriguing about when that happened was weeks leading up to that the whole nonsense with Light2Dark. Light2Dark posted somewhere something along the lines of “hunters and gatherers” in a code form (forgive my laziness not searching and copy/pasting this). In the code it suggested that there was a password wall involved. My girlfriend mentioned to me as I was trying to figure it out that maybe it meant it was something I could only see when I wasn’t signed in. So signing out you can’t access much but I did find the questionnaire and when looking at the code on the questionnaire page I don’t think it directly mentions but it hints at gathering the info? So I thought at the time Light2Dark was mentioning perhaps coding the page to divert the info from the questionnaires to him….

But now that I’m typing this out after having not thought about it for quite some time and with new info from Melissa’s email and The person who got a call… I’m wondering if Light2Dark diverted the questionnaires to BOS/Sentinel and that is why the OOA is confirming some peoples addresses? Or completely stating they don’t have that on record at all when they should?

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

So would that mean BoS called me?

Profile photo of Mike
      Mike
      Participant

It’s quite possible!

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

I’m afraid if they’re staking me out; I’m incredibly boring.

You Apostles sure do come up with some cool theories.

Profile photo of 111_error
    111_error
    Participant

I think Mike is correct, the O.O.A. knew and feared III before he arrived, and warned many people of what to expect. None of this was unexpected to them.

4 – 3 = 2 is the new R + L = J.

Profile photo of TheBuz
      TheBuz
      Participant

WHICH HAS BEEN CONFIRMED!

Andrew Kasch
      Participant

But do you think Sentinel got to him?
      Isn’t it interesting how quiet they’ve been lately?

Profile photo of 111_error
      111_error
      Participant

Have we actually seen or heard of Sentinel doing anything that could be considered evil, malevolent, or hostile?

Their hack here was to try and warn us. Them diverting people’s meeting was to try and emphasize that warning, and help Addison.

Everything seems to be a shade of grey right now.. apart from my flowers.

Profile photo of Jake O
      Jake O
      Participant

yes! That’s what I’m trying to say. At this point, with everything we know about the OOA, why is sentinel doing anything a bad thing?

other than blind faith in an unknown form of enlightenment, the only people who seem to be up to no good are supposedly on the OOA side

• This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Profile photo of Jake O Jake O.
    Profile photo of Michel
    Michel
    Participant

Very plausible theory. Maybe we shall consider a revolt eventually (or maybe is actually good new i don’t know, i’m the new guy )

• This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Profile photo of Michel Michel.
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Profile photo of Michel Michel.
    Profile photo of Ezi
    Ezi
    Participant

This is looking more and more true, especially after the Q&A and @electrichippo acting happy not to pretend to be part of them anymore.

@lenize You’re so silly! Didn’t you hear @sambickerson? All those characters were pure fiction. The Brotherhood of Seraph, Sentinel, Mark, James, and Mason included.

So excited for Tension 2.0! Fingers crossed for those terrifying (but fun) zombie pumpkins… Yay!!!

Profile photo of Ezi
    Ezi
    Participant

Sure, of course, silly me :-) I just enjoyed tension 1.0 @electrichippo so am just having some fun pretending it’s still real. Don’t fret yourself over this thread and enjoy your zombie pumpkins! Don’t get too scared!!!!

• This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Profile photo of Ezi Ezi.
    Profile photo of TheBuz
    TheBuz
    Participant

Bump.

Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

new thread up, please post there

Andrew Kasch
    Participant

The prosecution rests, your honor.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register