How are you spreading the OOA message? share your markings on the path of light

Tension brand Forums OUR VOICES – SIGNS OF DEVOTION How are you spreading the OOA message? share your markings on the path of light

Tagged: 

This topic contains 44 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of AH-lay AH-lay 7 years, 7 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Erin
    Erin
    Participant

Hello fellow Aspirants!

The OOA has frequently called upon us to spread their path of light, let us do so and share here what marks we are leaving.
    Inspired by @mkarrett and David’s book, please post photos here.

“rewards come to those who seek it
    nothing is earned from being passive”

Profile photo of Erin
    Erin
    Participant

marked

Profile photo of Erin
      Erin
      Participant

I feel like Gatekeeper4 would dig my Starbucks cup.

Profile photo of Erin
    Erin
    Participant

So far I have brought 4 worthy individuals to the _path of light. I would suggest using the invite button on the Facebook page if you have not yet.

Profile photo of Andrew Kasch
    Andrew Kasch
    Participant

Russell Eaton and I spread the good word at Monsterpalooza yesterday!

Profile photo of Rusty
      Rusty
      Participant

@kasch Great running into you, yesterday! Hope you had fun at Monsterpalooza!
      Later that night I was at Sinister Pointe for SE*ANCE and there was another conversation there among interested folks who should be signing up for the Forums soon!

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by Profile photo of Rusty Rusty.
      Profile photo of Erin
      Erin
      Participant

@kasch I love the little one being included! XD

Profile photo of DtheZombie
    DtheZombie
    Participant

I didn’t take pics but I’ve been leaving mini OOA flyers in areas of my city that get a lot of foot traffic, most recently a concert hall that had thousands in it at the time hah.

Profile photo of Erin
      Erin
      Participant

Nice!

Profile photo of Erin
    Erin
    Participant

I went somewhere with a bunch of public ipads, I left some like this and walked away.
    don't look

Profile photo of creepsociety
    creepsociety
    Participant

Via our 2x a month podcast episodes (El Paso Horror Society) and our page with over 1600+ likes.

Andrew Kasch
    Participant

This weekend, I hung up flyers at the H.P. Lovecraft Film Festival and handed out some of Susie J’s tracts to people. With a little luck, those Cthulhu-worshipers will discover the real truth.

Profile photo of Erin
      Erin
      Participant

@kasch, I’ve been sticking newsletters into the Lovecraft section of bookstores.I too feel they would appreciate this.

Profile photo of LordofDecay
      LordofDecay
      Participant

@kasch

Do you still have the template you used for that poster in this picture? It looks very legitimate and I would love to borrow it for use in my area!

Thanks!

Andrew Kasch
      Participant

I actually downloaded it from Tension’s Facebook page…

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Left a message today while on my 2 mile run...

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

OK, did that even work? I just show a broken link.

Profile photo of Amie
      Amie
      Participant

I was able to right click it and open image in a new page. :) I like sidewalk Tension! Nice job!

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

But WHYYYYYYYY did it not work???

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Sidewalk art

Profile photo of Amie
      Amie
      Participant

I wish I could help you there. 😉

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

This was encouraging to me because I’m having the same issues.

Profile photo of Dietcokekitty
    Dietcokekitty
    Participant

no one knows that it was me... but even so, they WILL begin to wonder and seek the truth syrum.....

Profile photo of Dietcokekitty
    Dietcokekitty
    Participant
    Profile photo of PuppetGirl
    PuppetGirl
    Participant

I put these bookmarks in select library books https://twitter.com/christinebarger/status/731578528899039232

PuppetGirl
    Participant

Today I not only spread the word at Eaton Canyon, but I posted the pic on their Yelp.

https://www.facebook.com/christinebarger/posts/10154141706307829

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Today, I posted on Craigslist…maybe then I won’t be the only Minnesotan!
    http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/com/5593358984.html

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

And today I put up several of these flyers down by Lake Calhoun:

Spreading the Word in Minneapolis

PuppetGirl
    Participant

Writing on walls again…this time in Ohio

PuppetGirl
    Participant

Just realized never shared the wall writing at the Vegas escape room or sidewalk art here.

Profile photo of _Michael Gray
    _Michael Gray
    Participant

So maybe spreading the word of Light is the message here, maybe it’s also to let people know that the OOA is everywhere. Sorry @thegilded if this isn’t the place to post this, but I thought it worked. Anyways, so… I’m up here in Utah now (Park City, but still close enough to Salt Lake), working on another film, doing the job thing, and I ask myself “Why can’t I kill two birds with one stone while I’m here?”
    Benny O. Sampson, is an enemy of the OOA. I have stated publicly that I affirm myself with the OOA, and that makes him my enemy now. I ask of the OOA to use this happenstance of fate and use me as their messenger to deliver a statement to Mark that the OOA sees all and watches all. Maybe this has been part of my _path all along? @gatekeeper3 Since it would appear that you are calling the shots now, what say you?? Hope to deliver your message of Light and Wrath. Glory Be!

Profile photo of JoeKaye
    JoeKaye
    Participant

I’ve been talking my uncle about Tension since I arrived in Hawaii. He participated in some Jejune Institute stuff back in the Bay Area when that was going on. He wishes he was more computer savvy and in LA because he’s so into the story. I’m going to be giving him regular updates from now on. Haha.

Profile photo of AH-lay
      AH-lay
      Participant

Very jealous of your uncle, I am sure he has some great stories @jkonigsberg

PuppetGirl
    Participant

I drew this May 16 and it’s still there. https://twitter.com/christinebarger/status/742513723814748161

PuppetGirl
    Participant

Profile photo of 111_error
      111_error
      Participant

This is ridiculously awesome.

Profile photo of Cody
      Cody
      Participant

I had planned to update an old geocache a friend and I created a few years ago into one of these. I would have to do this jorney with him though and we havent crossed paths in a while.
      I love this!
      Great idea Christine!

PuppetGirl
    Participant
    PuppetGirl
    Participant

I’m excited to say that a few people I spoke to today are excited to check out Ascension. They didn’t know about Tension until I passionately talked their ears off about it. Same thing last night in lines at mazes at Six Flags Fright Fest I would randomly strike up conversations with strangers and tell them about Acsension and watch them get out their phones and type a note to self or look up the website. #SpreadTheWord

PuppetGirl
    Participant

So I learned recently in a marketing workshop that YouTube is one of the top ways to advertise a business. I went ahead and posted this video that I had uploaded to Facebook to YouTube tonight so it can be seen by more people. Here’s the link: https://youtu.be/Ymp6XjvWFn4

Profile photo of Mustafa Said
    Mustafa Said
    Participant

In personal regards to the new trailer making the rounds, I’ve been wondering about something.

If Ascension is being propped up on the feeling of being uncomfortable, of feeling tense what better thing to show to the public than participants feeling that way during the event? If they could capture those reactions on camera and then make a trailer out of it, showing people how people are feeling within the event, I wonder what kind of impact that’d have.

I’ve had the sense that the trailers we’ve seen up until now have been theatrical of a sort. Possibly, if this idea could be a thing, it might show people without showing anything that happens within Ascension’s walls what they could be dealing with in some way.

Just an idea I had. :)

PuppetGirl
    Participant

@mumumusings I seriously figured they were working on that already. I mean they said we were being filmed right? so I figured that’s what they were doing with it. I’m actually quite surprised that they haven’t put out a video like that already. They must be planning on it. That’s really what sells haunts and fear based experiences…seeing the participants in fear, crying, screaming, ect.

PuppetGirl
    Participant

NEW BLOG POST! I added Ascension to my Haunt reviews for 2016 https://liveescaperoomreviews.com/2016/09/20/haunt-the-tension-experience-ascension-ca-2016/

Profile photo of TinNose
    TinNose
    Participant

Lots of creative ways of spreading the message in here! I’m talking to everyone I know about it pretty much constantly, encouraging everyone to take the leap. Plus, I’ve been sharing Facebook posts and tweeting/retweeting about it. I’m surprised at the lack of #thetensionexperience on twitter and facebook, though!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register