Nothing is out of bounds

This topic contains 110 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Neil King Neil King 7 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

When originally investigating the site, I found a couple sections that I thought were unrelated and thus, “out of bounds”. But @light2dark has shown me the error of my ways. So I’d like to talk for a moment about something I once thought was out of bounds:

What could be either the future or current purpose of this page: http://thetensionexperience.com/masonry/ ?

I assume that the page was originally intended to be something to showcase art, but as other users have pointed out, there may be Masonic imagery associated with some of the puzzles we’ve been exposed to. I frankly have no about this one just yet, but maybe someone else has some insight?

Let us all wind the clock with our discoveries.

Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

@thegilded, very interesting find.

It looks like Addison added that back in August 15, 2015. I wonder if this was part of the initial site build that just didn’t get erased. Yes I will always remember nothing is out of bounds but I also do like to think of innocent explanations so we’re not totally hung up on it forever. Thoughts?

@mkarrett – I think you’re right, but the Guernsey article was also included in the original site build and it became important later. Also, many pages, including the /blog and /calendar were also included in the site build but were deleted later, bringing up the question: Why wasn’t this?

Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

@thegilded, valid point.

I’ll keep this noted, stored, and filed for safe keeping. *points to head*

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

“points to head” gave me a late night chuckle!

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

@thegilded – things on that page have changed! The names have been changed to words that @light2dark has said in his updates!

Profile photo of Erin
    Erin
    Participant
    Profile photo of Diem
    Diem
    Participant

Things are changing quick, I don’t even want to step away.

Profile photo of Erin
    Erin
    Participant
    Profile photo of _Michael Gray
    _Michael Gray
    Participant

Anybody notice that the /masonry site has been removed of all it’s tabs??

Profile photo of DtheZombie
    DtheZombie
    Participant

@thegilded “Guernsey article”? What are you referring to?

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Anyone else get a personal email from the OOA?
    If I lived in LA I think this is the part where I’d think EVERYONE was following me.

Profile photo of David
      David
      Participant

Yes

Profile photo of Addison Born
      Addison Born
      Participant

No personal emails, no contact, nothing.. I’m trying to figure out if I’m missing something. I’ve done the questionnaire, called their numbers multiple times, solved all the puzzles, been semi-active on these forums, and still no movement.

@addisonborn – I’m there with you, and I’ve been bugging them since the beginning. Patience paves the Path to the Light. We’re less than a week into the Registration phase, the clock will be wound for all of us in due time

DtheZombie
      Participant

@coryphella Nothing yet here.

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

Same for me!

Profile photo of Mike
      Mike
      Participant

I got one last night! I feel like if we keep doing our part and build this community and help bring others in, the emails will keep coming.

Profile photo of Jake O
      Jake O
      Participant

I received one today. I’m sure everyone will be receiving them in time. From my email, it is clear that they are actually taking time to review the questionnaires

Profile photo of Amie
    Amie
    Participant

No personal emails here. My only contact had been the update I was mentioned in yesterday from light2dark. Was it good? And by good I mean many things! :)

Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

I have not @coryphella

Profile photo of Andrew Kasch
    Andrew Kasch
    Participant

It’s been quiet for me for awhile. No phone calls or e-mails lately. But I have faith that the OOA will call upon each of us when they feel we are ready.

DtheZombie
    Participant

Has anyone discovered whether or not there is anything in the file or filename of the image L2D posted here?

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by Profile photo of DtheZombie DtheZombie.
    • This reply was modified 8 years ago by Profile photo of DtheZombie DtheZombie.
      Profile photo of Mike
      Mike
      Participant

It’s not there anymore, but what it was was the image of the eye from the letter puzzle. The way it was positioned would be the same as if it was circling the “E” on that puzzle. It looks like it was linked from some place and then the link changed which is why it isn’t showing up anymore.

DtheZombie
    Participant

@mike ah I see

Profile photo of Trevor
    Trevor
    Participant

I have no idea where to put this question (the OOA needs to have a moderator merging threads into a finite number of categories because it seems that there are w a y too many to check for updates..)

The actual question–Is that a phone number or a word on the side of the clear plastic box..? I think it is a mirrored/reversed image as well..

Profile photo of Erin
      Erin
      Participant

@sabaki12, agreed. The threads could use some cleaning up, also if we could post in the relevant threads that would help. Organizing helps with knowledge, to see patterns, and thus find our enlightenment. I volunteer if the gatekeepers need assistance tending to our musings!

DtheZombie
    Participant

@sabaki12 The activity page is much more manageable

Profile photo of CLR
    CLR
    Participant

@sabaki12 the image you are referring to has been modified. this number is present in the original image, and most likely not related to anything we are doing here. if you are not familiar with the original image, I would suggest doing a google image search and reading the related articles you find. interesting stuff.

Profile photo of Trevor
    Trevor
    Participant

@dthezombie agreed, thank you!

@patternlessmilk thank you! wow, that’s some crazy stuff..! i am still not convinced it’s not there for us, though.. looks much more definite than anything i found in image search.. just not entirely readable to me.. of course willing to admit i may not be looking at the right source, too..

Profile photo of Trevor
    Trevor
    Participant

@mike I bow to the collective wisdom, or Light, as it were 😉

Profile photo of Diem
    Diem
    Participant

I received a personal email. I am ready and willing to do what it takes. No rose colored glasses needed.

Profile photo of David
      David
      Participant

May I ask what this email said?

DtheZombie
    Participant

The address on the facebook page is no longer a request, it now says 90069. I’m assuming that’s just the area-code, just thought I’d point it out.

Profile photo of Diem
    Diem
    Participant

@dspair it quoted items directly from my questionnaire and said they would be watching and that if I continued to make others aware I would be rewarded to paraphrase.

Profile photo of Amie
      Amie
      Participant

Very cool @diem, you’ve pleased them!

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

@diem – AAAAAAHHH!!! None of the communications I’ve had quoted from my questionnaire. That’s awesome!

DtheZombie
    Participant

Although it may well be a glitch of some sort, I did notice that the tab of here is different from a normal PAGE NOT FOUND tab (like this)

Profile photo of Amie
      Amie
      Participant

They both look exactly the same to me. :)

DtheZombie
    Participant

@diem You are obviously doing something right! Congratulations

Profile photo of David
    David
    Participant

I just got a phone call. Please pm me because I need help

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Profile photo of CLR
    CLR
    Participant

@diem the email you received sounds similar to what I received this evening as well! congratulations!
    here’s to hoping we can continue to please our teachers and lead others out of the darkness.

Profile photo of Diem
    Diem
    Participant

2patternlessmilk congrats to you as well! I hope we all can keep moving forward and help those that come after us to get on the path to the Light.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Hey @dsapir – how did you get the photo of your book to them? I have something to show them tomorrow that will hopefully illuminate more of my path…

Profile photo of David
      David
      Participant

FB Messenger

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Thank you!

Profile photo of Andrew Kasch
    Andrew Kasch
    Participant

I was contacted as well. I will continue to spread the word and can only ask that the Council forgive my past transgressions.

_Michael Gray
    Participant

Has anyone gone to the library and asked about “the book”? I’m sure there are plenty of us that have seen it online, but to actually check a library and it’s contents might be valuable. I only wish that I had time to go to a library and read for a couple of hours :/

Profile photo of Mike
      Mike
      Participant

@kingkill33 – I don’t think any of the libraries around here have. I think @kasch looked it up for LA and I looked it up for the LA county libraries and none of them had it. You can search the database online on which library has what. Some libraries do have a book written by the author, but not “THE” book. Maybe that could be something to look into?

I checked the Orange County CA Library system. They don’t carry the book either, but judging from the sort of book it is I’m not really surprised. It seems more like a workbook/journal, than a manual/textbook. I found this video where the author gives a tour inside the book:

*** Don’t look if you don’t want to be spoiled on the title or nature of the book! ***

youtube video: /watch?v=7FzaF17nMT8

Profile photo of Sean Decker
      Sean Decker
      Participant

I too received the letter, and I too am asking their forgiveness for my past transgressions.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Guys, I’m now worried. I still have not gotten an email with info taken from my questionnaire or a phone call. I’m pretty sure that when I filled out the questionnaire I put some answers down that I now realize were out of step with the Institute’s teachings – what if they’ve rejected me? I hope they know that I can also see the Light.

Profile photo of Amie
      Amie
      Participant

I wouldn’t be too worried, you’ve had contact that others haven’t had. We are each on our own path so it makes sense we wouldn’t have the same experiences. I think even if you’re questions didn’t fall in line it should be fine. They’re here to teach us. Continue to spread the message!

Profile photo of Diem
    Diem
    Participant

@coryphella I agree with Annie completely. I think what matters is that you were honest, not that your answers didn’t line up with their teachings. We are fledglings here, we do not know all that is to be taught yet. They will guide us in the best way suited to our needs is my theory. Hang in there.

_Michael Gray
    Participant

@mike Yes, I’m most curious about “the book” and wonder why it wouldn’t be at a library. I looked up info on Rob Pincus, to see if there was a way that I could get ahold of him directly, but looks like I have to leave digital correspondence with him instead.

Profile photo of Diem
    Diem
    Participant

“The book” itself is a training log book with 30 essays and the remaining pages to keep records of training, just a thought, but maybe this is their way of advising us to keep records of our own training, just a thought. If you look at the highlighted wording of the #227 page it also speaks of keeping records. Maybe the book was not to be literal, as I don’t think you will find it in a public library, but more like a bookstore as it is a journaling device… again my thoughts.

Profile photo of Jake O
    Jake O
    Participant

@kingkill33 I don’t want to get into a political discussion, but I think there is a reason this book is not readily available. And perhaps why it is pictured as being in the darkest version of black on earth. While it tries to keep itself vague in description, from the video and the ads and information surrounding the book online, it seems like it is used for tracking your development in becoming an armed amateur soldier/militiaman. Also, it is a book meant to be written in, therefore it would make sense that a library wouldn’t carry it.
    I would be interested in reading some of those essays though!

Profile photo of Diem
    Diem
    Participant

The questionnaire did have a few questions about organized groups/military and ranking along with the questions regarding “killing”. You could be on to something Jake.

DtheZombie
    Participant

@endlesspictures Do you think it could be a very indirect way to tell us to be non-violent? Or the opposite?

Profile photo of Mike
      Mike
      Participant

When they posted the link on Facebook, they put “we do not cater to the weak”.

So that could have a few meanings in regards to the book and what the OOA requires from us

Profile photo of Jake O
      Jake O
      Participant

Well, at this point I don’t think we can speculate on what will be asked of us. I think maybe it’s just a warning that violence will be involved in some way. It being a horror themed experience, I think that can be expected.

Profile photo of Amie
      Amie
      Participant

I actually still think this has to do with registering for the site. I don’t know if this was the same when you registered but I signed up or was trying to at the time this was posted. I wasn’t being strong enough if you catch my drift.

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by Profile photo of Amie Amie.
      • This reply was modified 8 years ago by Profile photo of Amie Amie.

Judging by how interested they are in how willing we are to perform human or animal sacrifice, I doubt non-violence is the Path to the Light

DtheZombie
    Participant

I don’t know if it’s reaching too far, but has anyone looked to see if there is anything in the profile pic L2D is using?

@dthezombie – His cover picture is just a distortion of one of the videos Tension posted on their Facebook, but his profile picture is harder to analyze. The rings on the outer portion of the picture continue in the inner portion, and I haven’t noticed anything off about the outer portion.

The inner portion seems more important, coupled with the idea of the rings focusing in on it, as though we were meant to focus on it, but it’s too small to pull anything significant from. I previously theorized that it’s a “hint”, maybe a section pulled from a picture that we’ve already seen, a hint that we are supposed to focus on that picture, but I haven’t found it yet

DtheZombie
      Participant

@thegilded I knew it looked familiar! Interesting theory, you might have something, given the vision related puzzles and references to the “scope and mirror”

DtheZombie
    Participant

One more thing I’ve noted is the various symbols L2D uses next to %Light2Dark

^%light2dark
    -%light2dark
    =%light2dark
    ˇ%light2dark
    or just
    %light2dark

Since “N O T H I N G is random”, my only theory is that it’s a way of marking progress of either individuals, all of us, or L2D him/her/itself.

DtheZombie
    Participant

@mike @endlesspictures That makes a lot of sense, the pacifism angle seemed strange.

DtheZombie
    Participant

@thegilded Yeahhh it was silly of me. On that note, you don’t think we’d actually be asked to kill do you?

I think my belief on the matter is best summed up by the following:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Profile photo of Jake O
      Jake O
      Participant

they did say nothing is out of bounds…

However, I would remind everyone that this is for “entertainment purposes only”

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by Profile photo of Jake O Jake O.

True. But even assuming pure entertainment, I wouldn’t put it past the OOA to put a gun in our hands and tell us to fire downrange at someone. I doubt most of us would be able to tell the difference between a real bullet and a blank

Profile photo of Jake O
      Jake O
      Participant

my suggestion would be to carefully read the waivers you sign when attending a live event, if you are not comfortable with something, do not sign.

My thinking is that anything that is trying to eventually sell tickets would not be running a very good business model if they were killing patrons or others. Just saying 😜

I don’t know… I’ve seen the Hunger Games documentaries and they seemed to sell tickets pretty well and do well with sponsorships.

Seriously though, massively agree with reading over your waivers here, kids. These ain’t iTunes’ Terms of Service, you probably want to give these a full read-through

Profile photo of Sean Decker
      Sean Decker
      Participant

As a long time marksman, I’d be able to differentiate. However, that’s where I’ll need to draw the line.

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by Profile photo of Sean Decker Sean Decker.
    DtheZombie
    Participant

Hah, I think that could be applied to most of this experience

_Michael Gray
    Participant

@endlesspictures I also agree that the book has it’s own meaning and use for the OOA. I was just curious how accessible the book was and what it’s contents were. Surprisingly I did get ahold of Rob Pincus, the author, and am trying to bring him on our _Path with the OOA.

Profile photo of Jake O
    Jake O
    Participant

@kingkill33 hmm, not sure I want to be on the same path as Rob Pincus

Profile photo of Rusty
    Rusty
    Participant

One thing specifically stated about the book being discussed is “How you use (the book) is up to you.”

I have stepped away from all this for a few days due to my work situation, now that I have returned, I am overwhelmed by all the new theories and comments and references I find being thrown around. I wish I had been logging stuff along the way!

In reference to emails, when I had issues submitting the questionnaire on the day it appeared, I did receive an email thanking me but I have not received any communication referencing anything in my specific answers. After reading some of what I have read in the latest threads from this week… I am both happy and slightly intimidated I answered the questions so honestly. Zoiks!!!

_Michael Gray
    Participant

So I have come across this page and I truly believe that this is the page that we should be concentrating on. Between cryptic messages from L2D and “Nothing is out of bounds”, this seems too be too much of a coincidence for it not to be something. Plus, I spoke to Addison today and asked her about it and she replied, “Interesting…”

Check it out and see if you have any thoughts on how to crack this: http://thetensionexperience.com/password-protected-page

Profile photo of Mike
      Mike
      Participant

Nice find @kingkill33 ! I tried a couple passwords from clues/puzzles then for the heck of it tried some default type passwords…and one of them worked! I got in!

It looks similar to the other pages we’ve found so far, so it will be interesting to see if this gets changed now that they know that we know how to get in.

_Michael Gray
    Participant

Cracked It!! Hopefully Addison won’t get mad at me that I’m in her password protected page. It was said though, “Nothing Is Out of Bounds.”

I feel like I’m entering into forbidden space… but then again, I also feel like we’re really dynamically branding synergistic schemas via cross functional networks

Profile photo of Daela
      Daela
      Participant

This is all just making me want to phosfluorescently pontificate.

Profile photo of Susie J
      Susie J
      Participant

Maybe we need to Globally reconceptualize user friendly metrics with front-end best practices.

Profile photo of Melissa
      Melissa

Nice find. I feel like I just had a big ol’ heaping bowl of word salad with a side of synergy!

“Clever is the class” Indeed! Acknowledgement from Light2Dark even. Great job!

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

Was the password “password” That’s what I put in just now to get “Clever is the class”

Profile photo of Mike
      Mike
      Participant

Sure was!

Profile photo of Jake O
      Jake O
      Participant

darn, i found this password page awhile back and was hoping it might have something to do with the remaining puzzles. at least we know what’s on it now!

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I will happily collaboratively seize out-of-the-box.

Profile photo of Diem
    Diem
    Participant

Eager to see what it will be.

Profile photo of Mary Pavlovsky
    Mary Pavlovsky
    Participant

I must phosfluorescently pontificate that Kim is an imposter and she must be exposed!!! Do not listen to Electric Hippo. She speaks the work of the Devil I tell you!!!

This is a serious accusation. What proof do you have?

Profile photo of Mary Pavlovsky
    Mary Pavlovsky
    Participant

Please ask me outside of the forums.

Profile photo of Bagel
    Bagel
    Participant

Something i think people are overlooking with the barcode.

The second barcode too the side, with the numbers 90000

With barcodes, the to-the-side barcode is normally the price set for barcodes.

90000 means it doesnt have a price and/or its not sold.

Hence why i think the book we are looking for is the INCORRECT book.

Just my 2c

Profile photo of Bagel
    Bagel
    Participant

also something funny

http://thetensionexperience.com/light

^– that url lead’s to a forum discussion on Light-2-Dark.
    but why?

:^)

DtheZombie
    Participant

@endlesspictures Same here hah, I was waiting because I didn’t want to spoil anything

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

@kingkill33 @mike
    Wait just to make sure, did you guys find a certain clue that got the password for you? Or was it just trial and error for random password guesses?

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

@rizzzoooooo It was trial and error

Profile photo of tangent
    tangent
    Participant

I’m a little late to this, but I look forward to progressively reinventing with all of you!

Profile photo of tangent
    tangent
    Participant

@rizzzoooooo Trial and error for me too…I actually found it completely by accident a minute ago when I was looking for something else. :/

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

@mike @tangent Oh man, alright I got hours to kill at work, might as well make good use of it!

Profile photo of Jake O
    Jake O
    Participant

@rizzzoooooo think very simple, in fact it may literally be the simplest word that it could be

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

@endlesspictures I got in… Wow I truly cannot believe that was the password Lmao

Profile photo of Jake O
      Jake O
      Participant

right?!

Profile photo of LordofDecay
    LordofDecay
    Participant

I don’t suppose anyone has actually gate crashed their mailing location? Does anyone live near 8383 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 225, Beverly Hills, CA 90211?

Profile photo of Neil King
      Neil King
      Participant

Yeah Susie (Sorry don’t know your handle here) visited and came up with nothing.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register