RE: Tension – Ascension spoilers

Tension brand Forums IN PERSON EVENT DISCUSSIONS RE: Tension – Ascension spoilers

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of DimStyle DimStyle 7 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

Due to community feedback and requests (And until The Powers That Be say otherwise), I am requesting that anyone who wants to talk about Ascension PLEASE AVOID SPOILERS. If you want to hear about Ascension details, you are free to ask for them either publicly or directly, but if you are going to talk about your Ascension experience, please do so in PM’s or privately.

Things that are okay to talk about publicly:
    -General Ascension reviews
    -Overall opinion on the event
    -Talking about non-Ascension details, like security relating to the parking lot, what you can and cannot bring in, and handicap accessibility
    -Extremely vague references to your event. (PLEASE be careful with these. I’ll be deleting messages that I view as being not vague enough. Don’t post anything that gives people who have not yet attended any real idea of what they’re in for)

Things that are not okay to talk about publicly:
    -Specific details of one’s experiences
    -Talking about specifics of any set/room/object/character/etc etc of anything onsite. (For clarification, onsite will be considered anything between the moment you get out of your car/uber/etc to the moment you leave)

Please be respectful to those who have not yet attended Ascension and want to go in with fresh eyes.

Glory be, my friends.

Profile photo of Andrew Kasch
    Andrew Kasch
    Participant

It might be wise to make two discussion threads – Spoiler and Non-Spoiler.

As more people go (or can’t and just wanna read about it), the talk is inevitably gonna happen here. Just my two cents.

I completely agree, but the stumbling block is that all posts, regardless of location, are going to be included into the Activity feed, which many people use as the primary way of accessing the thread.

The current way that I was planning on proceeding was to allow vague, but increasingly more specific references to one’s event as more and more people go through so that after a couple weeks, when we are reasonably sure that anyone religiously checking the forum have gone through we can talk freely.

However, if we as a community would prefer to deal with this differently, like anyone who has not gone through yet is aware of the spoiler possibilities in the Activity Feed, so relies on manual navigation until they go through, I’m all ears.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

As I suggested in the past, the easiest way to discuss spoilers is to move them over the the Reddit page.

I’m alright with this way of dealing with it, at least until we’re reasonably sure that everyone who doesn’t want to be spoiled has gone through. We can move over posts from there to here when that happens, too.

Subreddit link

Profile photo of DimStyle
    DimStyle
    Participant

I know I can’t wait to hear everyone’s story. I unfortunately won’t be able to attend (being in Florida) so I am interested in hearing everyone’s experience

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register