RE: Truth

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Cody Cody 7 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

Lot of curious points in the truth rant. Topics I want to bring up:

1. “Can you even recall the last time one of your kind died? Did you forget that you still could? In the end Sam actually called out to all of you in his sad, ancient tongue.”
    Sam repeatedly used Latin as a way to hide messages to us and accidentally used it a couple times, presumably under stress. Latin is effectively a dead language and that brings up the questions that III asked. Is it possible that these people are much, much older than we think? That all of this started earlier than whatever happened in the mid 20th century but rather some Clockmakers are from pre-Dark Ages times?

2. “One apologized to his friend as he drove his blade deeper into his stomach.” This reads, to me, as confirmation that III has explicit control over other people. Not really a topic of conversation so much as just something I wanted to bring up.

3. Overall – 2.0 seemed to be Sam trying to seize control, getting a bunch of men to “hunt down” III, tie him up, then get “dealt with”. Explains why Sam was able to do the whole 2.0 stunt without word from III

4. “where III could see you again. I’ll admit, it was fortunate she didn’t arrive in time to do your dirty work and send you back into the shadows…”
    Is this implying that the III entity is female? Or is this implying that another woman didn’t arrive in time?

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

For #Four – I took that as in Four/Addison not coming to save the day

Also, this belongs in this thread

“Apostles of the New Beginning”??

NEW???

Is III creating a new beginning? What is this “new” beginning?

I vaguely recall him re-titling us during one of his “I am the first, last and uncounted” rants. Did I just imagine that?

Profile photo of Michael Rizzo
      Michael Rizzo
      Participant

I agree, I also read the 4th note with gatekeeper 4 in mind as the she. We’ve known that many members of the OOA have been wanting 4 to come back so it would make sense they were hoping she’d roll through. Also 3 made it clear this was all to get Sam out of the shadows so he can take care of him, thus it being fortunate that 4 didn’t come and send Sam back into hiding.

Profile photo of _Michael Gray
    _Michael Gray
    Participant

That is quite interesting @mike I wonder the same thing. Seems like @gatekeeper3 is still doing exactly what he wants and not a care in the world of who cares.

Profile photo of Andrew Kasch
    Andrew Kasch
    Participant

I noticed the Latin connection too. I believe Sam and the rest of “your kind” are the original 242 that were witness to Anoch at the beginning. Which pretty much confirms that this cult goes WAAAAAAY back.

Profile photo of Michael Rizzo
    Michael Rizzo
    Participant

I had read the “your kind” as Sam and the others maybe not being human? I mean they very well could be, but me imagining it all I was taking it in as some kind of ancient, non fully human, race that’s been around for a while. They could easily be the 242 though?

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

@thegilded – re: #2 – Was one of Sam’s men a traitor (III had someone on the inside) to Sam and loyal to III? Or did III have some sort of “power” over him like you suggested. I think there’s more to this

Extremely possible, but whether he has some sort of ability to control people directly or has enough control over someone to get the person to stab a friend despite his desire not to, he’s got some kind of control over them.

Either version makes him somewhat terrifying

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register