Tension 2.0!

This topic contains 102 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Hazel Cloud Hazel Cloud 7 years, 5 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of SamPR
    SamPR
    Participant

Hello! Samuel Bickerson here to talk about the exciting transition just announced here! I’ll be around answering all of your questions until 2 p.m.

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

Hello and thank you for taking the time to answer questions. Here are a few to start with

You said the creators are let go, but what about the other “behind the scenes characters”?

Is this because of the whistle blowing?

You wrote an email to Clockmaker9 – what does Plan B entail and who is “her” that you still hold out hope for?

Are you part of this PR company or are you part of the Oracles Security and Data Management as your email signature says?

What happened in phase 3 of ’84?

Profile photo of SamPR
      SamPR
      Participant

What an EXCELLENT question Michael! Somebody has been really paying attention, gold star! Well, I am afraid that the fictional “leaked e-mail” part of the out of control narrative was simply some disgruntled writers having a little fun at my expense by using my name!

Phase 4 in 83? Never heard of it. Probably not anything really.

Do you have any thoughts about Tension 2.0?

Profile photo of Mike
      Mike
      Participant

Understood about the leaked email. That explains the non answers to those questions, I can buy that, but what about “You said the creators are let go, but what about the other “behind the scenes characters”?”

Also, as far as thoughts as 2.0, it’s hard to say. I have VERY MUCH enjoyed 1.0, the people I’ve met, the Gatekeepers, and everyone involved. Here’s the thing, if this is marketing, they have done their job and gotten many people interested. Remember, you’re marketing this to us, and to change it in the middle when people are getting interested, might be the wrong move. It was working for us, the end consumer, even if it wasn’t working for you.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Thank you so much for taking this time.

Can you give us any insight into what “plan B” entails? You mention a “bumpy ride” – anything you can say on that?

Is this a clean slate? Are the “behind the scenes characters” no more?

Profile photo of SamPR
      SamPR
      Participant

@megan The ride will be bumpy AND fun. Something sorely missing from the experience so far! This will ABSOLUTELY be a clean slate. We can forget about all of the crazy and simply, hard to follow, stuff that’s come before!

Thanks for asking!

Profile photo of Addison Born
    Addison Born
    Participant

Hi Sam! Good to meet you.

I was wondering if you would be willing to go into detail about the endgame plans and the ticketed event for Tension 1.0, if there were any in place? Or whatever you can talk about, if you’re planning on incorporating some of those plans into 2.0?

Profile photo of SamPR
      SamPR
      Participant

Not as good as it is to meet you sir! I am positive that all plans for ticketed events are still in place as they ever were! I guarantee it will be a spooky, fun and safe time. Let’s all remember that the IMPORTANT THING is that Tension 2.0 will carry a new, exciting story line and you can simply forget everything that has come before this!

Addison Born
      Participant

Thank you for the response! Gonna miss the universe of 1.0, but looking forward to see what 2.0 holds. And my heart goes out to you, that you had to go to work on this on a Saturday! Have a happy and safe 4th, @sambickerson

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Also, can you tell us how long Tension is intended to go on for?

Profile photo of SamPR
      SamPR
      Participant

Thanks for the real softball question Megan, that’s EASY, as long as everyone is still having a great time! So fingers crossed, FOREVER!

Profile photo of Michael Rizzo
    Michael Rizzo
    Participant

Hi Sam! Glad to see the reach out to all of us, really refreshing really! Wondering if you could give a little insight to what you said about the employees of the tension experience? You had made a note that they had become delusional and all had troubled minds… Were they acting strange before they were hired or did it happen over the course of their employment? It’s hard to believe that the entire staff was hired and yet every one of them weren’t all there mentally?

Profile photo of SamPR
      SamPR
      Participant

Of course various boring legal matters exclude me from divulging too many details about our behind the scenes but it’s safe to say that you will be in really great hands in the future and we are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. Thanks for asking!

Profile photo of Amie
      Amie
      Participant

So you guys feel bad for kicking Rizzo out then?

• This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Profile photo of Amie Amie.
    Profile photo of TheBuz
    TheBuz
    Participant

One question:

Is @gatekeeper3 finally gone? Pls.

Profile photo of SamPR
      SamPR
      Participant

HA HA HA! Good one Buz, I think maybe someone has immersed themselves a little too much. These so-called Gatekeepers are once again 100% fictitious characters. By the way friend, Santa and the Easter Bunny say, “hello!”

Profile photo of TheBuz
      TheBuz
      Participant

Doesn’t change the fact that someone was playing as @gatekeeper3.

But I have faith you have made all the right calls! Thanks Sam!

Sam,

You imply that things have gone off the rails extremely heavily. What was Tension 1.0 SUPPOSED to be? Who did your company charge with running the original version, and when did they first veer off course?

Why pull the plug now, after several months and a number of in-person events?

What, specifically, do you imagine Tension 2.0 to be?

If this is, indeed, a company like you are portraying it to be, why have you not at all mentioned your proposed revenue streams and barely touched on how Tension will be monetized?

Finally, what sign were you waiting for yesterday, and who were you communicating with through your activity post?

Profile photo of SamPR
      SamPR
      Participant

GREAT QUESTION!!!

• This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Profile photo of SamPR SamPR.
      Profile photo of Amie
      Amie
      Participant

Did someone step in for a moment when you weren’t looking Sam?? I think most of us caught that.

Profile photo of SamPR
      SamPR
      Participant

You imply that things have gone off the rails extremely heavily. What was Tension 1.0 SUPPOSED to be? Who did your company charge with running the original version, and when did they first veer off course?

I wasn’t actually around for Tension 1.0. We simply look forward to the future and strongly suggest you do the same!

Why pull the plug now, after several months and a number of in-person events?

Pull the plug is a little strong isn’t it? We are simply re-tooling, re-booting and re-imagining what this can be!

What, specifically, do you imagine Tension 2.0 to be?

A lot of questions! I LOVE IT! How about, A REALLY GREAT TIME!

If this is, indeed, a company like you are portraying it to be, why have you not at all mentioned your proposed revenue streams and barely touched on how Tension will be monetized?

If you are implying that Tension 1.0 was looking for something other than an attempt at providing entertainment from its apostles than you sir have a wildly wicked imagination. I believe all of your concerns have been more than addressed in my original letter!

Finally, what sign were you waiting for yesterday, and who were you communicating with through your activity post?

Just telling my friends down at corporate that I was here and ready to meet the people!

Honestly, thank you for your responses! I’m really looking forward to 2.0! In fact, so much so that it reminds me of a quote that I’m rather fond of!

“Bovis stercus, mendax.
      Puto vos esse molestissimos”

Profile photo of Hazel Cloud
      Hazel Cloud
      Participant

HAHAHAHAH.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Okay, who was the person who was coming to me?

Profile photo of SamPR
      SamPR
      Participant

Not sure what that’s all about Ethan! Are you? Anywho, you no longer have to worry about any safe or dangerous practices being implemented in the name of fun!

Profile photo of SamPR
    SamPR
    Participant

What an EXCELLENT question Michael! Somebody has been really paying attention, gold star! Well, I am afraid that the fictional “leaked e-mail” part of the out of control narrative was simply some disgruntled writers having a little fun at my expense by using my name!

Phase 4 in 83? Never heard of it. Probably not anything really.

Do you have any thoughts about Tension 2.0?

Profile photo of creepsociety
    creepsociety
    Participant

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to speak with us. Very much appreciated. Do you by chance have any information on the ticketed events or ideas on the dates themselves?

Profile photo of SamPR
      SamPR
      Participant

Coming soon!

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Can Michael have his job back?

Profile photo of Jake O
      Jake O
      Participant

that’s such a tension 1.0 question

Profile photo of Amie
    Amie
    Participant

Hi Sam! I’m wondering something. If we were all on the ride for Tension 1.0 and you’re changing everything, why would we want to stay on the ride so to speak.

Also thank you for your time!

Profile photo of SamPR
      SamPR
      Participant

CLEAN SLATE, HAVE NOT ALREADY SAID THAT BEFORE!? Thanks for your question. Wonderful.

Profile photo of Amie
      Amie
      Participant

@gatekeeper4 I hope you are out there somewhere. Someone sounds like he needs a nap…

Profile photo of Amie
      Amie
      Participant

I’ll try not to take offense at your yelling either. Good spooky fun right?

Hazel Cloud
      Participant

Testy.

Profile photo of Rusty
    Rusty
    Participant

Hello,

Your description of a new direction is vague, but I understand you wish things to remain enjoyably unknown. However, Tension has established a tone… to abandon storylines, characters and a tone of live events that have intrigued many does risk alienating many who have invested time and effort.
    How do you propose to maintain the level of interest if you are discarding that which generated the interest?

Profile photo of TheBuz
      TheBuz
      Participant

Bet money that this is a smokescreen by a certain gatekeeper because we were getting too close to something.

This is apart of the story.

Profile photo of Jake O
      Jake O
      Participant

agreed

Profile photo of Amie
      Amie
      Participant

Haha @reaton that sounds way better than what I asked. Sam just answer Russel’s version!

Profile photo of SamPR
      SamPR
      Participant

It looks like some of our moderators are having a jest at the NEW GUYS expense with those tags. Please take them down to avoid confusion. We have had enough of that around here. I assure you that the fictional Gatekeeper III is the furthest thing that I represent! However, I enjoy good natured ribbing as much as the next guy! What a fun group.

Profile photo of SamPR
      SamPR
      Participant

Russel, I promise that we will have a plethora of exciting stories and events planned for your future. What sort of things do you find scary? Zombies, talking pumpkins or perhaps, zombie pumpkins! Yikes. See how easy it is? It’s going to be great!

Zombie Pumpkins, oh my! @sambickerson you are a genius. So terrifying! So fun!

Hazel Cloud
      Participant

You aren’t even trying.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Hi Sam, thanks for the answer.
    A lot of us were looking forward to the “it’s going to get darker” part of things – will that still be where we are headed? How will we stay invested if we’re scrapping what we’ve become involved in so far?

Profile photo of thecatnipper
    thecatnipper
    Participant

What sort of chills and thrills is Tension 2.0 entail?

Profile photo of SamPR
      SamPR
      Participant

Scary ones!

Profile photo of TheBuz
    TheBuz
    Participant

Can I expect more dank memes from gatekeeprs?

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Will Tension 2.0 still involved “tailored experiences” for participants?

Profile photo of SamPR
      SamPR
      Participant

As in clothing lines? I’m sure “Catch the Fear!” will be printed on all the finest hats, t-shirts and memorabilia you can imagine!

Profile photo of Ezi
    Ezi
    Participant

Thank you for taking the time to answer our questions. I have gotten invested in the characters here. If you are scrapping tension 1.0, will there be a resolution to their story in the form of a novella or something. I can’t stand an unfinished story!

@sambickerson I’m absolutely delighted to see we are now back on track! It was getting so tiresome pretending to be a traitor working for a ridiculously dull group of pseudo-hackers and lovelorn crybabies!

Bring on the goblins!!!! 😀 <3 😀 <3 😀

Profile photo of Amie
      Amie
      Participant

Uh…

Profile photo of Jake O
      Jake O
      Participant

it was getting so tiring pretending to care for fictionalized, lifeless entities! we can all move on, and go back to caring about ourselves. Phew!

Profile photo of Amie
      Amie
      Participant

Haha!!

Profile photo of Amie
    Amie
    Participant

What if we don’t want to forget everything we knew about this so far??

Profile photo of TheBuz
    TheBuz
    Participant

I for one am excited about Tension 2.0, believe me! We made Tension great again!

@sambickerson, thank you for being so open with us. They call you the PR machine!

Profile photo of Mike
      Mike
      Participant

Now there will be more than just phone calls to make you terrified!

Profile photo of Amie
      Amie
      Participant

So it sounds like they are proposing something almost generic and you are excited about that? Seriously just curious.

Profile photo of Jake O
      Jake O
      Participant

corporate tension! bringing your kafka-esque fears to life!

Profile photo of _Michael Gray
    _Michael Gray
    Participant

Safe? What do you mean safe? Are we talking pacifier safe or like we will give you fireworks, just one’s that don’t blow up in your hand kind of safe?

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

But…. I just got my first phone call. :c

Addison Born
    Participant

Sorry for doubling up questions, but I also wanted to ask if the forums are in fact being closed down, as was insinuated in the letter? If so, will there be another way to communicate with fellow participants?

Profile photo of Andrew Kasch
    Andrew Kasch
    Participant

@sambickerson Will I be able to take my kids to the new Tension Experience?

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

Does Tension 2.0 have to do with “simple arithmetic?

Michael Rizzo
    Participant

Me again! Was curious if Plan B PR was hired by tension or you guys are a division of tension? Your logo looks awfully familiar, just curious :)

_Michael Gray
    Participant

I have a feeling that you are doing this on your own Sam and someone is gonna step in, maybe III, and say umm No Sam, we are not going with your plan. The plan was fine as it was.

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

Could you give a brief history of Plan Publicity? Any other clients we could check out? If we are going into a new direction, I’d like to see other campaigns done and if they were successful.

Andrew Kasch
    Participant

I have one more question: You said the original creators were “troubled minds.” Are you nervous about them doing something now that they’ve been terminated?

_Michael Gray
    Participant

Jump on something @rizzzoooooo said, you say you’re from Tension Sam, why is your logo so close to the logo of the OOA? Did the OOA symbol evolve from that Plan B Publicity logo?

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

Tension 1.0 for me started in February. It’s now July. That’s 5 months of promoting and marketing and excitement. Will ticket sales still start on July 15th? If so, what is your marketing and business plan to convince those of us who have been around that this new version will be better, worth promoting, and worth buying a ticket to? You have 2 weeks to change A LOT of minds.

Profile photo of Rusty
      Rusty
      Participant

Also, is there a “clean break” from past management as this new business plan unfolds? Or will there still be former key members acting as “consultants” moving forward to this ticketed event?

Profile photo of ReidV
    ReidV
    Participant

Hi Sam,

Yay, finally a chance to have some reliable, dependable fun!

Can we get a sneak peek at whats next?

P.S: Who really needs Enlightenment nowadays! 😃

Profile photo of 111_error
    111_error
    Participant

Hi Sam,

With all AMA’s on Reddit, the person hosting the AMA has to post a photo, holding up a piece of paper with today’s date on, to prove they are really the person they profess to be. Could you please do the same? Many thanks!

Profile photo of Amie
      Amie
      Participant

I’d like to see a dated picture too.

Michael Rizzo
      Participant

I’m sure it’s not because we don’t trust you! But after all this info about the old members being troubled, it would be nice to know you’re you and not one of those old employees just having more of their “delusional” fun

Profile photo of Rusty
    Rusty
    Participant

@sambickerson You seem excited about the next “phase.” That’s great. But this maneuver seems oddly… unsanctioned, perhaps? (As others have also expressed.)
    I am looking forward to what might be coming in the future. But, there is an old saying “don’t throw the baby out with the bathwater” Some of us still have missions to find objects, or are holding onto props… and waiting for more information to act on from visits we have shared with past characters. (Some, but not all, of that applies to myself, obviously.)

If we discard all that… what is to prevent us from investing more weeks and more time… only to have this whole process repeat itself if those remaining “behind the scenes” feel something has gone astray once again. This PR move seems to be creating an elephant in the room.

Look, I’m the guy who has a reputation of being almost up and open for everything… and I go back and do it multiple times if it intrigues me… so I am not asking in a cynical manner. Obviously, you are doing something here that is ruffling many people’s feathers judging by this thread. What is to say we won’t have a “bait and switch” done again. (This coming from the “king” of taking a leap of faith into the unknown.)

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Guys check the tag.

Beware., Sam is being controlled by III

Profile photo of Daela
      Daela
      Participant

What would III have to gain by announcing this change in track? And why would III release a message from Sam Bickerson, then control/puppet Sam to deny that very same message?

Profile photo of Jake O
      Jake O
      Participant

I agree, sounds very similar to III. Especially the exclamation points!!!

III 2.0

Addison Born
      Participant

Not sure what you mean?

tag

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

Before Sam had it changed, it said he was being controlled by III.

He even replied to the wrong post ”
      It looks like some of our moderators are having a jest at the NEW GUYS expense with those tags. Please take them down to avoid confusion. We have had enough of that around here. I assure you that the fictional Gatekeeper III is the furthest thing that I represent! However, I enjoy good natured ribbing as much as the next guy! What a fun group.”

@astro4545: Oh don’t worry about that! It’s just a little family friendly fun! Perfectly safe, perfectly wholesome!

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

I hope Tension Four.0 gets initiated soon

Profile photo of Rusty
      Rusty
      Participant

@mike – you asked about simple math. I think I like the simple math we have already been given. 4-3=2
      I have always thought the number four was a lucky one.

Andrew Kasch
    Participant

Isn’t it weird that Tension 2.0 is arriving when were are all expecting Gatekeeper 2 to appear?

Sam, are you Gatekeeper 2?

_Michael Gray
    Participant

How long is Tension 2.0 supposed to running for us? What are the investors projection to keep this machine moving?

_Michael Gray
    Participant

@error111 is right, it is common courtesy to give us a dated picture of the person doing the AMA. Do we get a picture from you Sam, and dated?

Profile photo of Jake O
    Jake O
    Participant

Hi Sam!

Have you copyrighted your company name?!!! I think Brad Pitt might take issue with it!!!

Love your enthusiasm!!!

I am excited to experience the new and improved tension!!!

I say good riddance to that old, ridiculous cult!!!

Bring on the zombies!!!

Profile photo of SamPR
    SamPR
    Participant

A small, unexpected emergency has come up and I need to attend to it right now but THANK YOU all for your time and your commitment.

I want to once again reiterate that we apologize that things became so out of control under the previous creators and affirm that we are 100% committed to a new, engaging and fun Tension 2.0.

Unlike previous communication with The Tension Experience, my door is always open. Feel free to P.M. your thoughts, questions or ideas! See you soon!

Profile photo of Mike
      Mike
      Participant

Hope everything is ok and nothing has gone off script! Looking forward to speaking with you again

Profile photo of Rusty
      Rusty
      Participant

Obviously, these are busy times. All the best. Here’s looking toward the future…

Profile photo of Susie J
    Susie J
    Participant

Hi @sambickerson,

Long time listener here. I’m sure you are aware that Tension v 1.0 has created a deep well here of apostles who have no qualms in continuing to invest time, emotion, bodily fluids, small animals, etc. But there is understandably some reservation about the re-tooling on the experience. Are we really to discard everything we’ve been told/shown and start all over again with the unknown? From the details you’ve let slip it sounds like a mashup of Chuck E Cheese and the Spirit Halloween store. If you’ve glanced at any demographic information of this community at all you would know how such a presentation would rankle the existing audience. So, I suppose my question is ….. How ya liking this California weather? 😃

Profile photo of Amie
      Amie
      Participant

Careful Susie! III, I mean Sam might get upset with you! Clean slate and all..

Profile photo of 111_error
    111_error
    Participant

Profile photo of Lucus
    Lucus
    Participant

I was at work and it’s probably too late but will there still be a place in tension 2.0 for non-local players?

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

I went ahead and PM’ed him this.

Profile photo of Cody
    Cody
    Participant

Wow… I have missed a great deal!
    Thanks Sam. Interesting times indeed.

Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

@sambickerson, will you have another scheduled Q&A session any time soon?

Profile photo of Neil King
    Neil King
    Participant

After reading through all this, I just can’t believe it. I think we are being played. This is not what we signed up for. Someone or some organization is playing us!

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

Well, III is controlling Sam.

_Michael Gray
    Participant

If this is all true, and a second version comes out… Get ready for another advisory of rights signature page and them losing it 4 times…

Andrew Kasch
    Participant

I wonder if Sam has gone on to “meet Aleister.”

Andrew Kasch
    Participant

@SamPR …. If I were you, I would RUN. @gatekeeper3 has seen you.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register