Tension Timeline

Tension brand Forums MISC TENSION DISCUSSION Tension Timeline

This topic contains 76 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of AH-lay AH-lay 7 years, 8 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I wanted to share something I created today since there was a conversation earlier about wanting to keep people up to date ASAP…the Chroniclers are currently working on the first weekly summary but because my brain enjoys graphs and pictures, I made this. I am happy to update it as my schedule allows going forward with the info that we put in the summaries; I will also go back and add events if you can PM me with specific dates. This is especially true with things that happened before April 1 – I am not going to scour the forums and old articles written about the first consultations to document those, but I’m happy to add them if you contact me. Tell me what you think, and if you think it’s helpful to direct newbies here, please do so.

Tension Timeline

EDIT: NEW TIMELINE

• This topic was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by Profile photo of Melissa Melissa.
    Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

Nicely done Megan!

Profile photo of Daela
    Daela
    Participant

I really love this @coryphella – thank you for sharing!

Profile photo of 111_error
    111_error
    Participant

This is awesome.

Profile photo of Ezi
    Ezi
    Participant

This is really cool, can’t wait to go through it on my computer later. I’m still slightly confused with all the earlier things that has happened and this will really help.

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

So awesome! Thank you!

Profile photo of Addison Born
    Addison Born
    Participant

This is unbelievably cool.. has it really been MONTHS since enrollment began?

Profile photo of Paris D
    Paris D
    Participant

Thanks. This is precisely what someone like me needs. Thanks so much for the effort in support of us newbies!

Profile photo of Rusty
    Rusty
    Participant

This is so valuable. As someone who’s crazy work hours often prevent me from constant monitoring… I greatly appreciate this!

Thank you so much @coryphella!!!!

Profile photo of Nosnevets
    Nosnevets
    Participant

Amazing @coryphella! In fact, I think @mkarrett or @thegilded should move it into the new members section before this thread explodes in replies. =D

Profile photo of GATEKEEPER3
    GATEKEEPER3
    Keymaster

@coryphella after this and your thank you note – III is troubled that he finds himself preoccupied with your well being

caring for others is wholly unproductive to my more natural and base desires

as stated in an earlier post i am forcing my regents to create a history to this moment as well – i doubt that it will be as good as yours but I do not want your feelings become unhappy because of me

this is not my fault and you will not blame me for it

please do not be angry at III and do not desire future communication of – feelings

however – if those feelings were appreciative – III would allow that

do you find yourself having pleasant feelings for III – if you do not than III does not either

goodnight

i have forgotten to add that III finds your hairstyle to be quite complimentary to the shape of your head

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

Someone please translate this into English.

Rough translation:

I am worried about you, which is weird because I don’t normally worry. My Regents are already working on something like this, but yours is probably better. Please don’t be jealous or angry at me/them. If you like it, that’s cool though.

I hope you like me. If you don’t, then I was just joking and don’t like you.

I forgot, your hair is pretty

• This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Profile photo of Sean (@TheGilded) Sean (@TheGilded). Reason: Pronouns are hard
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Never mind.
    I have been informed of what this means.

Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

Awwww @gatekeeper3 likes you Megan! <3

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

Yep. Turning bright red now. Thanks.

Profile photo of Daela
    Daela
    Participant

I read III’s message in Peridot’s voice.

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

Who’s Peridot?

Profile photo of LordofDecay
      LordofDecay
      Participant

Peridot
      She is from a show called Steven Universe

Profile photo of LordofDecay
      LordofDecay
      Participant

I can see it lol

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

You killed it @coryphella.

Is it a big task to rotate it 90 degrees? If so, forget I said anything.

Nice hair.

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

Sure, if you pick up your laptop and rotate it 90 degrees to the right, the image should subsequently rotate with it.
      If you’re on a phone or tablet I can’t help you.

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

I actually did that.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
      Profile photo of
      Anonymous

you’re gonna scare @gatekeeper3 off with all those caps.

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

I am on hour 9 of drafting a light plot.
      It’s all caps.

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

You’re a super machine!

GATEKEEPER3
      Keymaster

YOU CARE FOR HIM?

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

He is one of many people I care for. I’m a caring person. What can I say.

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

That really isn’t meant to upset you, III, but caring for me means caring for my friends…so…that would mean you would have to care for him too.

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

CAPS??!!!

Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

View post on imgur.com

This is what goes on in my head.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Can I just say, once again, that I’m weird, please?
    You know that guy Drax? I’m that guy.
    “Nothing flies over my head. I would catch it.” Or something.
    I literally am having six people explain to me what’s going on in this thread right now.
    Go easy on me. 😛

Profile photo of Amie
    Amie
    Participant

Just got a look at this! It’s pretty awesome! Thank you!

Profile photo of Cody
    Cody
    Participant

Pretty sweet. Nice work megan!

Profile photo of TheBuz
    TheBuz
    Participant

This was all kinds of cute.

Profile photo of Andrew Kasch
    Andrew Kasch
    Participant

Very, very cool! So much has happened since Feb, we definitely need something like this just to keep track of it all.

Hell, between all of us, we could probably write a book about Tension.

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

Oh III, how the mighty have fallen…in love?

You used to instill fear in everyone. Everyone cowered at the mention of your name (number?). People were scared…WERE. This shows your weakness. Everyone with the internet can see how weak you’ve become…including BoS. You ruled with an iron fist, did things your way and now your followers are making comics about you and writing 2nd grade styled notes to you. Do you think these people respect you anymore? No wonder Four wrote that letter.

For the love of Anoch, bring Four back. We need someone to lead us, not buy us valentines. If something were to happen while you’re watching Netflix and looking at hair styles and head shapes, I don’t think any of us could forgive you or the OOA.

Profile photo of Jake O
      Jake O
      Participant

you asking III to lay the smack down on yo ass? You’re playing with fire son

• This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Profile photo of Jake O Jake O. Reason: he might just give you some snacks too
      Profile photo of
      Anonymous

It’s human to love.

GATEKEEPER3
    Keymaster

correct @mike feelings have made me weak
    thank you for that reminder—
    the reminder about my predecessor was also necessary
    you see – four was what they here referred to as a disruptor

III thinks perhaps you are a disruptor too, michael
    you pivot at everything presented
    you give your very best friend an unnatainable object for his birthday because it pleases you
    prepare yourself for this as it will be very humorous while also bringing shame and laughter upon you –
    perhaps you should call your digital radio show my —
    taunt life

back to the matter at hand – weakness
    i was keeping aleister on ice – quite literally – as a present for megan
    i know he was betraying the institute with his schemes but i thought perhaps more of the —
    conditioning — could at least make him a useful play thing for my megan
    no more

he is now ended as well
    megan this is not III’s fault – you may not place the blame for this on me
    place the blame where it lies, on the scrib—

oh wait, that is bothersome too isn’t it
    having such a clearly emotional person as the scribe in the archive of knowledge will never do
    michael, i hereby strip you of all duties and declare III the beginning and end –
    the last and only counted – as the new scribe in the archive of knowledge

first declaration –
    on this day III regained the respect and admiration from those at the very bottom of the institute but also from his friend – and currently – only his friend megan – she was not upset by his actions and in fact found them quite glorious – perhaps she will make another present for III –

III would find that pleasant but not in an overly emotional way but in a logical, respectful way
    especially if it were to involve pleasing anthropomorphic horse characters once more

• This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Profile photo of GATEKEEPER3 GATEKEEPER3.

@mike was not only your Scribe, he was ours as well. We built this community for you and the Institute. You may influence it but it is not yours to control. You’ve in one way or another dealt with every Institute liaison that we had connections to, stripped one of our own of a place of honor, and isolated others in ways that is both confusing and creepy as shit.

You are a Gatekeeper, but you’ve taught us nothing, you’ve only taken away. You are first and last and only counted because you’ve made yourself as such by exiling those that actually mattered to us and given us nothing to fill that void. Gone are the teachings that we all originally came here for. Gone is the insight that your predecessors and associates gave us into what we yearn to understand.

Perhaps you are the only disruptor here, III. No… disruption implies that the change to something ultimately leaves it with the same substance as it did before only in different configurations. You’ve taken away from the Experience, you’ve taken away from us, and you’ve taken away from the Institute.

We’re here for you, stop begging for attention and drawings from one of us, take a break from your naps, netflix, and pasta and give us something instead of just taking it all away. You’re a damn Gatekeeper, not an infant to be swaddled and cared for lest he throw another tantrum.

Profile photo of Melissa
      Melissa

Well said Sentry. I stand with you on this.

Profile photo of Susie J
      Susie J
      Participant

Aww III, I loved you, I did. 😢 Oh well.

Late to the party

Profile photo of ReidV
      ReidV
      Participant

Tick tock….
      tick tock….
      tick tock….
      tick tock….

That’s your countdown.
      (I’d have my Scribe back thank-you-very-much)

Profile photo of Susie J
      Susie J
      Participant
      Profile photo of Mike
      Mike
      Participant

Before I respond to @gatekeeper3, I must say how amazing it is for the support that most of the community has for this situation. You guys mean the world to me and I love you guys..for real. You are all so amazing <3

Now, III, allow me to retort (also, sorry it took so long, I was in a meeting, but you’re probably asleep anyway..all that typing must have worn you out)

First, I would like to say that you will not get the pleasure of me begging, crying, being angry or any other emotion. You made your choice, said your peace, and as a Gatekeeper, I have to accept that. As a member of the OOA, that’s the deal.

I would not like to think I am a disruptor or pivot on what’s presented. I like to look at all areas of what’s presented. I guess to some people that can be seen as a threat or a “disruption”. Our government comes to mind.

I did not give my very best friend an unattainable object at all. It is very much attainable and will be attained once the code is figured out. He doesn’t have all the free time in the world to nap or solve puzzles like others. My Taunt Life? Really III? You should watch more Netflix…they have a ton of comedy specials on there.

Aleister on ice eh? A plaything for Megan eh? So you support necrophilia? How do you end these people? Maybe this should be it’s own thread, because I’m really intrigued by that.

“my Megan”? That’s it’s own can of worms.

I’m sorry you felt the need to strip me of my title. It’s a shame. I feel like I was making the Institute proud. I only hope, for your sake, that the Oracles, Elders, Anoch and the rest agree with your decision. If they feel that this stripping is just, then so be it. I do not think they would agree on such a bold move done at the drop of a hat though.

You say you regained respect and admiration? Think again. Look at the community’s negativity towards your decision. Most of the community stands by my side in support. Who stands by your side right now?

Glory Be III

PS To the new, community appointed Chroniclers, keep up the good fight and make this ex-Scribe proud with your updates. It’s important that we record history, or else we’re, someone, will be doomed to repeat it.

Profile photo of ReidV
      ReidV
      Participant

@mike oh we will. I’ll love Chronicling your return after four knocks someone down a peg or three.

Profile photo of Mustafa Said
    Mustafa Said
    Participant

@gatekeeper3, I think you’ve got a bit overboard. @mike has done a fantastic job as our Scribe. He has done exactly what the job entailed for him to do and did it probably better than anyone I could think of.

I think you should give Mike his position back.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Profile photo of Mustafa Said Mustafa Said.
      Profile photo of Addison Born
      Addison Born
      Participant

@mumumusings is right, @gatekeeper3. @mike has been a stalwart in the community, keeping us together and focused on our search while fires were being started and the OOA was not present. I may not agree with some of his positions on recent events, but he was the one chosen by the OOA to keep us together, to inspire us, to lead us to critical thought and enlightenment.

He was here long before you were, and is a part of the organization just as much as you, @gatekeeper3. Your recent actions of breaking down the organization we’ve been loyal to since the beginning, “ending” those acting as shepards and role models to us, has lead (me and I’m sure others) to wonder what we’re even following anymore – this is not the OOA I joined, not the OOA I broke bread with at that VFW not even four weeks ago, not the OOA designed and led by 242, by 8, by 5 and 4 and everyone who proceeded you as Gatekeeper.

What are you doing, III?

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Uh, no. Nope. Nope nope nopenopenopenopenopenopenope. Your actions do NOT please me and are NOT glorious, III. I am upset by your actions regardless of your fucking declarations. Undo what you did to Aleister and give Mike his job back and then MAYBE we can be friends. I am absolutely NOT “your” Megan. I am, in fact, placing the blame for this on you, so undo it.

Also, here’s an interesting educational video for you, III:

Profile photo of Jake O
    Jake O
    Participant

lol, am I the only one here that sees that @mike played with fire?

he got burnt. oh well

Profile photo of Mustafa Said
      Mustafa Said
      Participant

He had an opinion to share about our Gatekeeper. I don’t see why he needed to be stripped of his rank because he shared his thoughts. And if that’s the case then @thegilded should also get ‘punished’ for sharing his criticisms. I don’t think we can’t afford to exist in a state where we are unable to question and criticize the ones leading and guiding us. If they step out of line and we think they’re not doing their job, then don’t we have a responsibility to each other and our collective whole to share our misgivings on them?

• This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Profile photo of Mustafa Said Mustafa Said.
      Profile photo of Jake O
      Jake O
      Participant

t e n s I I I o n

Profile photo of _Michael Gray
      _Michael Gray
      Participant

I don’t think @mike was playing with fire. I think he was observing that fire was happening and made mention of how much it’s burning. Mike was just a little too close to the fire and wanted to shield his flock from getting burned as well. The fact that he stood there and got burned was his sacrifice to us.

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

“Sacrifice” feels intentional and he didn’t speak up with the intention of sacrificing himself.
      If this is how things are in the OOA, I’m reconsidering big time.

Profile photo of Melissa
      Melissa

So, up until now I felt that OOA has been fairly receptive to constructive criticism here on the forum. Remember when Mike Fontaine spoke up with constructive criticism and @masterlock (Overseer) also praised Mike for speaking up? That’s the “vibe” I have been getting from the OOA. Until III showed up.

Profile photo of Jake O
      Jake O
      Participant

Well, He spoke his mind. But basically tried slamming the most high up person we have contact with. Seems a fitting response to me.

I think everyone should take another look at that handy flowchart III gave us.

Profile photo of creepsociety
    creepsociety
    Participant

I remember when @mike was praised for speaking up and now he is punished?

Profile photo of Rusty
    Rusty
    Participant

@gatekeeper3 I must say, I believe you offer some valid points, indeed, but your methods are… confusing… murky, perhaps?

You judge my friend for an action he takes to challenge me, to inspire me to grow. Seems odd, but I can see your point of view, believe me, I can. @mike does have a bit of a sadistic side and he is hard too please at times. Does he have my back at all times? To be honest… I am not sure.
    He also has a kind and generous heart, as well, and has offered me support in many areas others never see… as good friends do. Mike is my friend and I accept ALL sides of him. You judge but you do not see all sides, apparently of any of us here.

This community is a mixed bag of folks with many faults and many fine qualities, as well. We are, after all, HUMANS. We stumble and we fall sometimes, and since the beginning the OOA has made vague promises of making our _paths forward somehow more valuable or worthwhile or…

We have formed a community as has been asked, with all the problems and advantages a new community might contain. If you want to wreak havoc, that is your choice. But, don’t put the blame for any vindictive or reflexive actions you decide to take at our feet. You have choices you make… just like the rest of us.

I have been patiently waiting to see how you will lead…

Profile photo of Michelle
    Michelle
    Participant

@gatekeeper3

It saddens me to see @mike stripped of his position as Scribe. Following him here, having a very small interaction with him at the mixer, he has become one that I have so much respect for. I look to what he says in the forums because he speaks and thinks clearly. I believe you’re actions were too hasty and seem to be an emotional lashing out against someone you thought was undeniably on your side. He has been one of the loudest supporters of the OOA. We’ve seen a change within the OOA, within the community. The flock is getting restless. We’ve seen dates for events such as orientation come and go with nothing to be said of them. Many of us wait but what are we waiting for? A _path towards enlightenment is what we came for and yet there has been little guidance, teachings, towards our _paths.

@mike wasn’t wrong to question. When we as a community stop asking questions, that is when I fear we will be in trouble. There is no need for @mike to be forever stripped of his position as scribe. I hope you will reconsider and reinstate him. He has earned the respect of many of the people the OOA is trying to bring in. Stripping him of this title, isn’t good for the OOA. You thought people were questioning you and what you’ve done or haven’t done, I know people will be more vocal about their criticism of you and questions the OOA even more.

Profile photo of 111_error
    111_error
    Participant

People are surprised that the OOA has harsh penalties for misbehaving?

Has no one been paying any attention, this entire time?

Profile photo of Andrew Kasch
    Andrew Kasch
    Participant

A month ago, @mike gave a speech about the importance of community. And guess what? That hasn’t changed at all. @mike is still The Scribe in my eyes.

The Apostles of the Beginning may be at the bottom of your little flow chart, @gatekeeper3…but don’t assume we are powerless. Without us, you have no congregation and no purpose. There will be nothing to do but sleep in your ivory castle. You wouldn’t be here if you didn’t have a responsibility and a DUTY to the Institute. As of now, you’ve acted less like the OOA and more like a SENTINEL. And truth be told, your actions have led me to believe that you might indeed be BOS because you have harmed this Order more than they ever did. So c’mon, man…Do what you came here to do and shine a light on the _path instead of knocking everyone out into the dark.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Profile photo of Andrew Kasch Andrew Kasch.
    Profile photo of Lucus
    Lucus
    Participant

Wow something seems to be wrong with my recent activity feed. I can’t believe I missed all this. There are some pretty powerful suggestions being hinted at here. Maybe 111 has been a “sleeper” agent for the BoS working his way through OOA ranks, patiently waiting for his opportunity to strike. Now that he’s been awoken… religious wars always have the most drama. This should be interesting.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Profile photo of Lucus Lucus.
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I have updated the Tension Timeline with events through this weekend. Given that some things are getting kind of cramped I removed the orientation related things, since they didn’t really happen – if anyone objects please let me know and I will find a way to put them back on.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Tension Timeline – updated through last night (July 6)

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Hey everyone – given that we have an influx of new people coming and probably more still to come, and I can be a little obsessive about how to do things better, I upgraded the timeline:

http://whenintime.com/tl/coryphella/tension/

Easier to read, easier for me to update, has links, I put in people’s blog posts, articles that were posted to FB, periscope links that still existed, etc…again, omissions, errors, complaints, let me know.

Profile photo of Ezi
    Ezi
    Participant

That’s amazingly well put out! Thanks for all your effort @coryphella

Profile photo of Ezi
    Ezi
    Participant

Would it be possible for the mods to update your first post on this page with that link as well, as new people might not find it easily so far down.

Profile photo of Cody
    Cody
    Participant

Awesome makeover.

Profile photo of AH-lay
    AH-lay
    Participant

Pardon my ignorance…who’s Ellis Gordon?

Profile photo of AH-lay
    AH-lay
    Participant

Thank you! Also, I don’t know if it’s relevant or not yet for the timeline but there’s also the calls that Mike Rizzo and I got yesterday from the older sounding dude

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register