What belongs in this forum?

Tension brand Forums NEW ASPIRANTS, Begin Here What belongs in this forum?

This topic contains 36 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jon Jon 7 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

NEW ASPIRANTS, Begin Here

This forum is geared towards new Disciples. Experienced users are able to post resources that newbies would find useful. Tips, tutorials, and guides all belong here. New Disciples will be able to use this thread as a starting place, and are free to ask all of their basic “How do I ___” type questions, as well as publicly introduce themselves if they’d like

Profile photo of Chris424
    Chris424
    Participant

Hello im chris by the way. I have a question im stuck on the puzzle with the 5 senses and i spell out sense and it doesn’t seem to do anything but take me bk to the home page

Profile photo of Cody
    Cody
    Participant

Thats odd. It should work. Sometimes it glitches. Id suggest trying again. You have it right. It will make a noise an the commit button will go red. then click the commit button not the camera.

Profile photo of Cody
    Cody
    Participant

There is 2 possibe “e” selections for the smell sense.

Profile photo of Susie J
      Susie J
      Participant

The dials are a little bit fussy. Just fiddle with them and it should work.

Profile photo of Chris424
      Chris424
      Participant

I have tryed a bunch and the commit button wont do anything

Profile photo of ReidV
      ReidV
      Participant

I double checked, it works. Use the number bar under the first amulet as a guide, youre looking for a sequence

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

Also, try clicking them to turn them rather than dragging them

Profile photo of PuppetGirl
    PuppetGirl
    Participant

Are you on a phone or computer @Chris424?

Profile photo of explodingtulips
    explodingtulips
    Participant

@TheGuilded Hello everyone! I believe I am up to date with everything but was wondering if there was anything I could actively do to aid the OOA. Also, once I feel comfortable to delve into other forums where would be the next best place to start after this one?

To actively aid the OOA? The only things that you can do are spread the word and help us decipher their message.

I’d argue that most of the conversations happen over in the Puzzles thread, as that’s where we spend the most amount of time trying to unravel the mystery before us

explodingtulips
      Participant

Okay @thegilded thank you!

@explodingtulips It’s good to see you back! So sorry I never replied to your PM weeks ago. You may have read, I’ve been on quite an adventure and was banned from the forum for quite some time. I’m back now and as resolute in my convictions as ever :)

explodingtulips
      Participant

@electrichippo no worries! Glad we are both back on our journeys :)

Profile photo of Cody
      Cody
      Participant

For minute by minute updates check out http://thetensionexperience.com/activity/

Profile photo of Nosnevets
      Nosnevets
      Participant

Truth.

Profile photo of Cody
    Cody
    Participant

Oh yeah, if you feel like really getting your creep on, check out http://thetensionexperience.com/members/
    You can see whos active.

Profile photo of catsaregreat
    catsaregreat
    Participant

Hi, im literally super new to this, i just signed up and barely am getting my ticket today for this. What exactly should i do to begin?

Profile photo of 111_error
      111_error
      Participant

Start investigating other posts on this New Aspirants forum, this question has obviously been asked a lot, and it will be good practice to hunt for answers – because that’s primarily what we’re doing here.

Find the Questionnaire on the home page and fill that out, and if you’re brave enough, buy a ticket to the event in September.

Good luck.

Welcome, @kittyyrampage – You’re already in the right forum to begin. The first step is to get acquainted with the story so far, who’s who and what’s been happening. The official timeline is a good first step. If you want more details, the stickies as well as some of the other “I’m new here” posts have links to timelines and recaps that will help you get started. Further, some of us manage the Chroniclers’ sticky which gives details week by week over the past few weeks.

As far as activities there are puzzles and hidden links for you to find if you want to go deep into it, but I’d highly recommend just learning what’s been happening so far as a first step.

Profile photo of NoLessLost
    NoLessLost
    Participant

Hi everyone! I am new to the experience and unfortunately live nowhere near Los Angeles :( I’m in the Panhandle of Florida so that leaves me to join in on the online experiences only. I look forward to working with everyone so that I may learn more and find out what all of this is…

Profile photo of DimStyle
      DimStyle
      Participant

@nolesslost don’t worry. Go through the time line, keep active in the forums. There are a few of us not anywhere near LA… I am in Saint Augustine so good to see another Florida person around! Get caught up and enjoy YOUR journey!

Profile photo of NoLessLost
    NoLessLost
    Participant

I am doing my best so far LOL! I managed to get to see the video and such from the Indoctrination page. There is so much already available I don’t even know where to begin. I looked at the Forums and saw some posts regarding a diary and so much more. It is almost overwhelming!

Profile photo of NerdyRedHead
    NerdyRedHead
    Participant

Hello! I just started and I am a little confused. Lucky for me I just moved to the Culver City area of Los Angeles. I will most likely be asking for help and clarification on here often. :)

Profile photo of Lukas L
    Lukas L
    Participant

@nerdyredhead welcome. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask. The forums are a little quiet right now that Ascension is going on, but there are quite a few people people on here that are very knowledgeable and everyone for the most part is always willing to help out.

Profile photo of NerdyRedHead
    NerdyRedHead
    Participant

When I click on “INDOCTRINATION” at the top of the site I get a slide bar puzzle, once I solve it and click a small Icon at the top It takes me to a spin puzzle with the nose, eye, lips, hand and ear. Once I enter the correct word, and click “Commit” I get a picture with a gold frame that looks like it belongs in a medical office for eyesight testing. the page is “Light-is-Near” but I cant seem to be able to click on anything or go anywhere from here. Can anyone help?

Profile photo of DimStyle
      DimStyle
      Participant

@nerdyredhead you are on the right path. If it is an eye chart, what do you see? As you eluded to, you cannot click on anything on the page. So use the eye chart as it is to be used. I thought I heard mention that the follow on page may be broken. Can anyone else confirm this?

Profile photo of Bryan
      Bryan
      Participant

@nerdyredhead @dimstyle Confirmed – it is broken, but the eventual pay-off is not. NerdyRedHead, if you think you’ve got it figured out feel free to PM me and I can point you in the right direction, assuming somebody else hasn’t already. :-)

Profile photo of Tristan
    Tristan
    Participant

Hi All! My friend and I bought tickets on Oct 5th for Ascension next weekend, super excited! Was just wondering if I should have received any other communication or verification from the OOA. Please let me know if it seems like I’m not getting something, we don’t want to miss our event. Totally new to this whole thing, but very interested!

Profile photo of Melissa
      Melissa

Hi, it seems that most people get some sort of communication from the OOA roughly 12-48 hours prior to your time slot. I can vouch that that I know several people got phone calls from the OOA so make sure your phone accepts private number calls.

Profile photo of Tristan
      Tristan
      Participant

Ok great! Thank you!

Profile photo of DJKPro
    DJKPro
    Participant

New here, hello all.
    Having issues with the eye puzzle myself. I’m lost, between a hint given by EH on Unfiction and the hints here, I may need a bit of a nudge!

Cheers, all.

Profile photo of Bryan
      Bryan
      Participant

@djkpro: Hello, and welcome!

There appears to be something amiss in the eye puzzle, but all is not lost. Shooting you a PM with a suggestion…

• This reply was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by Profile photo of Bryan Bryan.
    Profile photo of DJKPro
    DJKPro
    Participant

Thanks, @Bryan, replied.

Profile photo of SirHuxleyWiseass
    SirHuxleyWiseass
    Participant

Greetings. I’m new to the forum, and just had my first experience as I “ascended” last Saturday night. I have tickets to go again this Friday. Any advice on a second time around?

Profile photo of Bryan
      Bryan
      Participant

@sirhuxleywiseass: Hey, good to see you here in the forums! Glad you were able to grab a ticket for a second round.

My advice? Learn everything you can here about the ongoing story of The Tension Experience. What happened in Indoctrination, what happened since Ascension started, the latest Periscopes and FB Live videos, etc. BUT avoid the Round 2 spoiler threads. The more immersed in the experience you are, the richer Round 2 will be for you – but some discoveries and conclusions should be your own.

For me personally, I went into R2 with two objectives:

1. A “meta objective” to be more participatory and interact more with the characters.

2. A story/character-based objective. I wanted some answers from a certain someone.

That approach worked well for me.

Profile photo of Jon
    Jon
    Participant

Hey everyone! I’m Jon. I wanted to finally create an account and give out a friendly hello. I’ve been loosely following everything since March but because I live in Philadelphia, I withheld from creating an account until now. I was able to attend Ascension back in September and returned for my second time this last Saturday. I’m still speechless at my experience going through it both times. The people I’ve met going through have just been wonderful. You all rule.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register