What should I do?

Tension brand Forums NEW ASPIRANTS, Begin Here What should I do?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Crelegant Crelegant 7 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Crelegant
    Crelegant
    Participant

I’m new here and I really want to get involved in things and make myself known, but I don’t know how. Posting in the forum must be a good step though. Nothing has happened to me so far besides getting a couple of emails. What do I need to do to really get the experience started? How do the puzzles work and where are they?

Profile photo of PuppetGirl
    PuppetGirl
    Participant

@crelegant Hello! Have you completed the questionaire on the site yet?

Crelegant
      Participant

I have completed the questionnaire.

Well first of all, welcome @crelegant!

Getting started is a little daunting. @atticus360 just today posted a topic found here that may help give you a brief run down on what’s happening so far.

The first steps are going to be to catch up to where we are. Most of that can be done through either the topic I linked, or by going through the forums to see what we’ve been talking. The truth of who and what the OOA is and what they want with us is something that we’re only just beginning to understand, though, so don’t expect too many solid answers.

The most obvious puzzle is going to be found on the main page. Click the bottom “button”, and it’ll take you to a puzzle involving letters and amulets. It’ll lead you to a video that gives some interesting insight as to what awaits us.

A large portion of Tension is going to come when the Institute recognizes you, and that’s going to be done one of three ways. The first is by helping us decipher clues to their truth. Hints will pop up every day or so on social media, through a call placed to someone, a letter found in a park hinted at through a video on Periscope, and whoever finds it is normally good enough to post it on here for analysis. Joining in on the conversation and talking about it, even if you’re new, is a great way to get involved and more importantly, noticed.

The second way is to help the community itself. Any conversation on the forums can do this, but helping out newbies, helping people plan, that sort of thing is a great way to get noticed. The third way is to spread the message. That’s an option that I’d recommend you reserve for when you’re a bit more caught up, but once you are, spreading the word of the OOA to others is a simple and easy way to get recognized.

The short of it is: Just talk to us. You can see what people are posting in near real time by clicking the triple lines, clicking the down arrow next to forums, then clicking activity. Joining in on those conversations, even if you just want to ask what’s going on, is an easy way to get started.

Profile photo of PuppetGirl
    PuppetGirl
    Participant

@crelegant there are puzzles on the tension site and there are a lot of discussions both here in this forum and on Reddit that can help. I’d recommend starting with the main page and clicking around the website until you find a puzzle that looks like knobs you can turn by clicking them…that’s a puzzle.

Profile photo of Iris Halliwell
    Iris Halliwell
    Participant

Nice to meet you @crelegant :-) I know it looks a bit daunting, but it’s also *really* fun. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Crelegant
    Participant

@thegilded Thank you so much for your guidance. I am now doing my best to catch up on everything I’ve missed. I’ve completed the puzzles that lead to the video and I just called the support line for the first time. Now I’m scouring the forums for any and all information available. I really want to help out in the community and make myself useful, so I will definitely try to join in on conversations more than I have been. Since I officially joined about a week ago and mostly just waited around during that time and just really spoke up yesterday, I do understand now that when the OOA says that you only get what you put in, they mean it! Hopefully I can make myself known and figure out more about my Path.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register