What we know We don't Know

Tension brand Forums THEORIES, PUZZLES, DECODING THEIR MESSAGE What we know We don't Know

This topic contains 17 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Liv Liv 7 years, 5 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Hazel Cloud
    Hazel Cloud
    Participant

Hahaha. That title makes me giggle.

THIS THREAD MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Puzzles and riddles and tests, OH MY!!

What I’m hoping this turns into is a timeline of things we DON’T yet have answers for or things that haven’t yet been confirmed.

A separate thread will be created keeping track of what we DO know (or think we know).

NOW THIS IS NOT A THREAD meant to figure those things out.

It can be difficult keeping track of what we don’t know and what we should be focusing on. Hopefully, this can help me (and those reading!) with that.

To give us a starting point:

1. We DON’T know Tom’s current affiliation/position.
    2. We DON’T know who is ultimately in control of the OOA
    3. We DON’T know what their goals are
    4. We DON’T know what happened to Jenna
    5. We DON’T know what type of loop or paradox is happening within Ascension
    6. We DON’T know what is happening at the end of Ascension

Profile photo of Andrew Kasch
    Andrew Kasch
    Participant

We truly don’t know what Anoch is beyond the OOA’s deity.

Hazel Cloud
      Participant

Right! Only that he’s a split being (right? – [the origin of the gatekeepers seemed to imply such]).

Profile photo of Izryn
    Izryn
    Participant

We don’t know how or why Sabrina got involved with the OOA/OSDM, or why they need her to inhabit the Addison personality.

Profile photo of Michelle
      Michelle
      Participant

@izryn I apologize. I deleted my comment because I was basing my reply on Addison not Sabrina. Sorry no answers for you there. Money? An acting job? That’s my guess as to how Sabrina got involved.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by Profile photo of Michelle Michelle.
      Hazel Cloud
      Participant

-Good catch Michelle!

Hazel Cloud
      Participant

Yes! The journal! Must re-read soon.

Profile photo of PuppetGirl
    PuppetGirl
    Participant

Yeah It would be interesting to reread and see if the journal was “Addison” or “Sabrina”. I hadn’t thought of that before.

Profile photo of Izryn
      Izryn
      Participant

I did a Ctrl+F for “Addison” or “Addy” in the journal transcript. Here are all of the times her name appears.

The title page of the journal says “This Journal belongs to Addison Barrow, actress.”

When Mark gives her the cell phone, he says “‘Open it, Addison.'” On the same page, he says “‘They do know you, Addy. They know you inside.'”

Mark calls her to give her the Sadie’s message at Starbucks: “‘Absolutely totally fine, Addy'” and “‘Addy,’ he said, ‘I am so sorry to have to be the one to tell you this, but Sadie just didn’t know what to say…'” The next couple pages are dialogue between Addison and Mark, and Mark uses her name frequently.

Sadie’s note: “‘ADDISON PLEASE JUST DO WHAT HE SAYS'”

The first time the journal body refers to its subject by name is when Addison is already within the OOA: “Gatekeeper 5 also told me that, if I was going to
      stay with the OOA I wouldn’t need to use the name Addison anymore.”

When Mark tries to get her our: “My father says, ‘You don’t konw.’ ‘YOU don’t know, Addy.’ Like I’m a child.” Some of the following dialogue also uses her name.

Those were all the references I found, but that still doesn’t tell us where Sabrina ends and Addison begins. If I were the OOA/OSDM trying to brainwash one person into thinking they were another via a diary, you bet I would include as much of their former life as possible to blur those lines. Memory manipulation is easy, and has been researched extensively (the author of this article is a professor from the university I graduated from). So once again, even after looking at the clues, we know nothing.

Profile photo of coastergoblin
    coastergoblin
    Participant

Why was Addison taken to the helmet after she answered a couple of questions successfully (about Anoch and Oracles)? Wouldn’t it make more sense if she was taken to the helmet after answering the questions incorrectly?

Hazel Cloud
      Participant

When?

coastergoblin
      Participant

This happened on my second visit. I’ve read different variations of this scene and some have Addison talking back to Samson which triggers some helmet time. Maybe I missed that.

Hazel Cloud
      Participant

Ah, yes! I remember those accounts. Just wanted to confirm we were thinking of the same thing. :) Thanks

coastergoblin
      Participant

So after last night it makes more sense why Addison was taken to the helmet after answering questions correctly.. they have been trying to de-program her faith in Anoch.

Profile photo of Daela
    Daela
    Participant

My major unanswered question is – is there anything specific that Addison/Overseer/Sabrina wants to ask Anoch?

She seems desperate to hear his voice. She’s willing for people to die for her cause. Is there any particular crisis she’s hoping that Anoch will solve? Any reason for the urgency?

If she gets all of her oracles up and running…what will she say to him?

Profile photo of Lawrence
      Lawrence
      Participant

I suspect that is all a function of her brainwashing. This whole thing is a ruse with ODSM at its center and the OOA as its cover.

Profile photo of Josh Forbes
    Josh Forbes
    Participant

Did anyone translate her multi-lingual periscope? (Is this even the right place to ask this question? I’m new.)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register