Who is The One?

This topic contains 45 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Gabzilla Gabzilla 7 years, 7 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Rusty
    Rusty
    Participant

Looking back at the emails that have recently been leaked to us, I keep going back to the quote within those pages…
    “One has her ear. Has had her ear since this all started.”

So, who is The One?

The reference to “since this all started” could be interpreted as the time when Addison was first connected to the OOA.
    Her journal references how Mark/Bennie introduced her to the group and there has been discussion elsewhere about how much control he took to manipulate her into living under the constant guidance of the OOA. We never received confirmation of Mark’s death, only an indication that he suffered a self-inflicted wound… then no further information. That message was delivered from Tom, Addison’s father, to @111error.

Look at the two men involved in that incident, Tom and Mark. Tom informed me that Addison had grown distant and stopped communicating, but he certainly seems to be able to find out about meetings and gatherings, logic suggests he has (or had) an informant feeding him information about the OOA… maybe he was keeping a closer tab on Addison than he admitted to me at the hotel.

So… Addison’s father, although out of touch for stretches of time HAS had encounters with his daughter. I find it unlikely, but he has known Addison longer than anyone else involved with this entire scenario… he has had her ear since she was born. Is Tom The One? (Personally, that seems a hard argument to make, but worth considering.)

But… what about Mark/Bennie? He was the person who pulled her into the fold. He was the one who met her before she encountered anyone else involved with the OOA, probably. What if his (possible) death was simply a false seed planted to make us all forget abut the turmoil he seemed to bring to the table and he actually is still lurking in the shadows?

But it sounds like The One “has her ear” currently, so this would be quite a shock to learn Gatekeeper2 is in contact with either of these people right now based on things in the past.

Since he had a hand in starting Addison on this _path, could Mark be The One?

• This topic was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by Profile photo of Rusty Rusty.
    Profile photo of ReidV
    ReidV
    Participant

Me likey this theory 😃

Profile photo of Rusty
      Rusty
      Participant

And… how much do we really know of Mark’s history with the OOA?

Profile photo of Zannah
      Zannah
      Participant

Is Addison’s journal the only piece of information that goes back that far in reference to Mark?

It would make sense that Mark is farther involved in this than we are lead to believe. “Has had her ear since all this started.” Although, I’m curious what happened to make him completely 180 on the OOA. Going from recruiting Addison to showing up one night trying to take her away then coming on the forums and threatening to burn it all down. Was it ever explained what happened to him as to why that change occurred?

Profile photo of Rusty
      Rusty
      Participant

@darthzannah Tom, Addison’s father, has stated that he felt Mark was to blame for pulling her away from her family. In the journal, we see Addison’s side of that part of the story. Yet, somehow Tom was the one to reveal Mark had suffered the injury that he did. It struck many people as odd at the time that Tom came forward with the information. So… was there some connection between those two that we are unaware of? It would make sense if Mark did have a change of heart… as you point out the journal might be evidence of… then maybe Mark reached out to Tom near the end?
      I don’t feel we have ever gotten a clear picture of Mark’s journey.

Profile photo of Zannah
      Zannah
      Participant

@reaton Do you think it’s possible that, like you mentioned, Mark had reached out to Tom wanting to come together for Addison’s sake? That they possibly came together to fake Mark’s death so if anyone was watching Mark (OOA, GKs, Clockmakers, whomever) would stop watching so he could go unnoticed in his task to get Addison. The only other reason it would make sense Tom telling everyone Mark is dead is if Tom made up some story about Mark’s injury because Tom killed him.

Profile photo of Rusty
      Rusty
      Participant

@darthzannah I do recall someone, at the time, wondered if Tom may have been involved if Mark was seriously hurt or killed… we have seen that Tom has no problem with expressing his anger through aggressive outbursts. Mark faking his death is an interesting idea, obviously. I just don’t know… but it is interesting to think Mark may have reached out to Tom for the best interest of Addison.

Profile photo of Zannah
      Zannah
      Participant

@reaton If Mark truly felt guilty to be the one to introduce Addison to the OOA, it would make sense he would try every single possibility to get her out – including reaching how to her father.

Of course there is one major piece of information that hasn’t been revealed yet. Although, that’s the name of this game isn’t – wait until a piece of information comes to light that will answer a few questions and raise even more.

Profile photo of Grace (bumble)
    Grace (bumble)
    Participant

It may be silly but I think maybe if its anyone of us it could be buz? just what he’s been through parallels addisons story. I’m not sure, any thoughts?

Grace (bumble)
      Participant

But of course, there are a few people that dont trust him. so.

Profile photo of Rusty
      Rusty
      Participant

Interesting point, @nospacebears.

Heres another theory… The One is ALL of us as a community. (Which could fit with comments made in those emails. Maybe that is why OOA is concerned of the community’s awareness of The One.)

Grace (bumble)
      Participant

It definetly could be, that could make sense with the pronoun switch? OOH Maybe thats why they want all this chaos and all these factions? So that we cant harness this community?!

Profile photo of creepsociety
      creepsociety
      Participant

I’ve been thinking the same…

Grace (bumble)
      Participant

@ephorrorsociety I just honestly wish we could come together so we can figure this out, like, fuck this fighting, we have more imporant things to do!

Profile photo of Liv
      Liv
      Participant

I tend to think The One is an individual rather than the community, simply because the majority of the language used has been singular in nature. Is it possible that The One does not know that they are? Because there is one more person I think qualifies as having had Addison’s ear since the “start”, and that’s you @reaton

Profile photo of Rusty
      Rusty
      Participant

Wow, @summoningdark. >gulp< Not sure how that would play out.
      But, if Gatekeeper2 makes a request of me… she knows I will do my best to fulfill the task.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by Profile photo of Rusty Rusty.
      Profile photo of ReidV
      ReidV
      Participant

Certainly would make a good podcast 😈

Profile photo of Liv
      Liv
      Participant

Just promise not to kill us all, okay? 😂😅😳

Profile photo of Melissa
      Melissa

I second that.

Profile photo of Amie
    Amie
    Participant

I’ve been wondering about this a lot lately. My thoughts started turning towards good and evil and I began to wonder if The One could actually be a manifestation of evil, like an Anti Christ or something. I haven’t spent nearly enough time trying to flesh out how that plays out with all of the different factions but (and I could be forgetting something) we’ve been told we would be lead to the light. Do we know that being led out of the darkness and into the light is even a good thing. It’s a general assumption usually but just because @gatekeeper2 knows the truth and will lead us to the light doesn’t necessarily mean it’s leading us to something good or rewarding. While we’re bring told she is a true believer it’s possible that what she believes is actually something terrible. Now I realize this could be picked apart a million ways, I could do that myself right now. I don’t even know that I believe it but it’s just been rolling around in my head. Time will tell.

Profile photo of Melissa
      Melissa

I’m not a theologian but there are certainly deities that have a very dark streak and yet are revered by many for other qualities. I mean just off the top of my head the great and loving Mother Goddess in the Hindu tantric tradition, Kali Ma, has one hell of a dark streak. Just google her, She has a garland of HEADS. Wait, no. Didn’t the questionnaire ask if we practice Tantra or something? This link has an interesting name.

No…..

@mike

(rocking back and forth, having flash backs of LToK)

Profile photo of Gabzilla
      Gabzilla
      Participant

Ahh, this is a little too on the nose for comfort. Anoch does have many arms…..

Profile photo of Melissa
      Melissa

@mike and I are having a meltdown that none of you would understand. This all adds up.

Profile photo of Mike
      Mike
      Participant

No…no…noooooooo

It can’t happen, it won’t happen. I refuse to believe!

Profile photo of Melissa
      Melissa
      Profile photo of Blondie
      Blondie
      Participant

@amieexists I think you broke @mkarrett 😀

Profile photo of Amie
      Amie
      Participant

Those of us that frequent the My Haunt Life podcast know exactly what you are talking about. 😉

Profile photo of Amie
      Amie
      Participant

@blondiecamps I am so glad I happened to be in my car when I saw your message and that picture because the laugh that came out of me did not belong in my workplace! @mkarrett shh bb it’ll all be ok…😳

Profile photo of Blondie
      Blondie
      Participant

@amieexists I scared my cats with my laugh…

Also, here’s a tasty new twist… One can’t be a member of the Community if I am to be the last one standing…

Profile photo of ReidV
      ReidV
      Participant

…last ONE standing? 😈

Profile photo of Amie
      Amie
      Participant

And look what’s on her computer screen too! 😉

Profile photo of Melissa
      Melissa

Guys! BLONDIE anagram is DLB ONE I

(FLIPS TABLE OVER)

Profile photo of Mike
      Mike
      Participant

And there are 7 letters in “Blondie”

There are also 7 letters in “Addison”

Addison wants us all to meet on the 7th

The 7th is when Apple is announcing the Iphone 7

The 7th is also a Sony press conference about the slim and more powerful Ps….FOUR

This goes deep

Profile photo of Rusty
      Rusty
      Participant

That’s it. My brain officially hurts right now.

Profile photo of AH-lay
      AH-lay
      Participant

Tension solved!

Profile photo of Melissa
      Melissa

Yep. Now we just wait for “Blondie” to tear off her face scooby doo style on the 7th.

Profile photo of Blondie
      Blondie
      Participant

*sinister smile*

Profile photo of Rusty
    Rusty
    Participant

@amieexists you offer an interesting point. We may all be buying into the tradition Light = Good and Dark = Evil social norms without enough questioning of its actual structure in relation to the OOA

@mkarrett Good point, so many deities have a dark side, this is true!

P.S. Melissa, step away from the fake newspaper articles… it will be okay. I only heard the stories and I am melting down. And I am only LToK adjacent! I did not participate. (O_o)

Profile photo of Amie
      Amie
      Participant

@reaton I really can’t remember anything that described the light and dark as good or bad as far as Tension goes. Can you? I think it has been assumed this whole time, but we’ve been taught we can’t assume anything where Tension is concerned!

Profile photo of Liv
      Liv
      Participant

Very interesting, I’m not sure if anyone has brought this up before, but Anoch is very close to Enoch and The Book of Enoch is concerned with demonology and the fall of “The Watchers” who, as near as I can tell, were angels. Not sure if it’s relevant, but I found it intriguing 🤔

The Book of Enoch is heavily concerned with the angels and their offspring, the Nephilim. It, among other things, enumerates the orders of angels.

It is curious to note that the highest order of angels is the Seraphim, or Archangels. They include such angels as Michael, Gabriel, Uriel, the most powerful and righteous of the angels. The singular of Seraphim is Seraph. While not technically siblings, many texts would consider them something akin to Brothers.

Just some interesting facts.

Profile photo of Blondie
      Blondie
      Participant

On the Biblical Basis Behind Enoch

I shared some information on this thread a while back that you might find interesting in regards to Enoch :-)

Profile photo of Liv
      Liv
      Participant

Nice one, @blondiecamps thanks for the link! I figured it must have come up at some point or another.

Profile photo of LadyJ
    LadyJ
    Participant

NEW FACEBOOK VIDEO. I am Concerned.

Profile photo of Andrew Kasch
    Andrew Kasch
    Participant

On the eve of Indoctrination coming to an end, I’ve realized I don’t really care who The One is. I care about what he/she will do.

I believe this community has turned into everything Gatekeeper 4 warned us against (you might say she “four-warned” us… *rimshot*).
    Our _paths have vanished in the war over the OOA. Hypersensitivity, distrust and jealousy have run rampant. Behaviors have turned from paranoid to prickly. People are more concerned with whistle-blowing and gossiping about other members in secret Slack chats than they are their own journeys.

Speaking as someone who has been here since Day One, it feels like this community is completely fractured and unhinged. People are so focused on the mental state of Addison and others when they should be looking in the mirror. I hope whatever The One unleashes, it lays waste to all the barriers and bullshit we’ve created for ourselves.

Maybe then we can all go to Ascension as one.

Glory be!

Profile photo of Gabzilla
      Gabzilla
      Participant

“In the darkest hours Anoch looked upon them and was enraged to see that the common were still lost. They withered in their own darkness, distracted from the Light and no longer fearful of his glory.”

I feel as though we’re only playing into the prophecy, @kasch

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register