intentions.

This topic contains 17 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Melissa Melissa 7 years, 7 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of ReidV
    ReidV
    Participant

Hello all,

Last night I had a very long conversation, and it was made clear to me that I can no longer pretend my path is my own.

My path is with the girl who, when finally given a choice, chose to free herself. And now with power, she has chosen to extend that freedom to everyone, regardless of faction. And she has chosen to share knowledge openly, and guide anyone who is willing to listen.

My path is with a man who spent most of his life doing as he was told, and as his journey ends has chosen to break that obedience in order to give us unprecidented power in blind faith we will use it wisely.

My path is NOT with Sentinel, who came to me in guise of 3 of my friends and tried to convince me to horde away the knowledge I might be given. And to be fair, I almost did. Who doesent want to feel special?

The OOA has done many questionable things in the past, and many of our paths have felt meaningless and unrecognized…

But this is a New OOA. A New Dawn. And I want to see where it leads.

If I am to recieve power, I will share it will all of you, no matter what shadow it might cast.

I will see you very soon.

Profile photo of TheBuz
    TheBuz
    Participant

Unsarcastically and with the utmost respect I can only think of one thing to say:

More power to ya, dude.

Profile photo of Andrew Kasch
    Andrew Kasch
    Participant

Good to see you make the right choice, @atticus360.

This is exactly why I side with the OOA. In her short tenure as Gatekeeper, I think Addison has been the most responsive and concerned about the community. It’s the exact opposite of her predecessor, who taught nothing and would only appear from his naps to boast about how unstoppably awesome he was.

Also Addison’s body count is much lower.

Looking forward to the New Dawn.

Profile photo of Daela
    Daela
    Participant

“And now with power, she has chosen to extend that freedom to everyone, regardless of faction. And she has chosen to share knowledge openly, and guide anyone who is willing to listen.”

To be fair, it doesn’t sound like it was her choice at all. Regent 7 actually apologized to her for sharing this information without her knowledge, did he not? “forgive me @gatekeeper2, we have not had the chance to speak, but i am doing what you can not do”

But regardless, we all respect your choice.

Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

My path is with the girl who, when finally given a choice, chose to free herself.

I struggle with the idea that somehow it is acceptable that The Girl Formerly Known as Addison had two options: status quo -or- free herself by committing a horrendous act on another person. How is that level of violence okay for someone who wants to declare him or herself as a leader? How is that level of violence okay period? How can we trust “the girl”? This is why I CAN’T support 2 nor III. @atticus360 if you can shine some light on WHY 2 did to ~four I think a lot of people would appreciate it.

Profile photo of ReidV
    ReidV
    Participant

@mkarrett: was there ever not a moment when four was telling Addison who she was and what she was supposed to do? Many of us tried hard to save her, OOA and Sentinel alike. Turns out she was the only one who could do so and it was by killing four. Four was going to use her as a weapon, do you really think she gave a shit about what Addison wanted?

Profile photo of Blondie
      Blondie
      Participant

@atticus360 I think Four truly did care for Addison, like a mother wants greatness for her daughter. Sure, she was a bit pushy… But we wouldn’t have the gatekeeper we do now without Four’s tough love. Addison would be nothing. And how did Addison repay this? By cowardly slitting Four’s throat. Who’s to say she won’t betray you and Russell and Andrew and everyone else who stands by her in much the same way? You know I respect you and that doesn’t change because you’ve made a choice I could never make, but I will bust your balls about it 😛

Profile photo of Melissa
      Melissa

@atticus360 I asked for answers and you gave me one, I appreciate that. It’s a lot to digest and I just have to go with what you say face value. I just have to remember long ago something Addison said:

“~four, I’m ready”

I just think of that. Addison gave consent to go through what she needed to go through. And this is the repayment, sliting ~four’s throat. If Addison/Two was really basically being abused/manipulated and the “only way out” was to kill ~four I just can’t get behind that idea. There had to been other options.

I think I’m going to echo @blondiecamps here that I am all for transparency and so I absolutely support @regent7 letting everyone have a fair chance of this Knowledge. With Knowledge people can make their own decisions on what to do next. However I still remain steadfast of not supporting Two.

Profile photo of Blondie
      Blondie
      Participant

*clicks the imaginary LIKE button*

I feel like it doesn’t matter how many times I point out the lack of evidence, everyone still clings to that narrative of Addison as a victim…

Profile photo of Mustafa Said
      Mustafa Said
      Participant

On the other end, I don’t really see her as a master manipulator. Sure, she went to LA to be an actress. But if she wanted to be what she is now-@gatekeeper2-then she would have to dump her previous life and cut all ties to that old version of herself. Remake who she was to become who she had been taught she could be with the proper training. She told Four she was ready for what came next.

Profile photo of Melissa
      Melissa

And unfortunately we now have a missing piece of that puzzle so even if we get a narrative it will be just that. Talk. Talk. Talk.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by Profile photo of Melissa Melissa.
      Profile photo of ReidV
      ReidV
      Participant

Compared to… the Gatekeeper so despirate to stay relevant that he betrayed everyone? And the shadow group full of false promises amd little action?

Intentions are murky even on a good day… but power speaks for itself.

Profile photo of Melissa
      Melissa

Oh, I agree. All the reason why I’m not inclined to join the BoS at the moment.

Profile photo of Blondie
      Blondie
      Participant

Yeah, but we don’t subscribe to either III or BoS’s rhetoric either… It’s not an either/or. Right now, it seems @mkarrett and I are on our own separate path… And possibly @mike and others too (although I don’t claim to speak for anyone but myself here). If we have to forge our own path, then so be it.

#TeamFE

Profile photo of ReidV
      ReidV
      Participant

This might still be possible… if the opportunity arises perhaps all of us can make something new together.

Profile photo of Melissa
      Melissa

Agreed @atticus360. I do have that hope and I know Two won’t be forever.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by Profile photo of Melissa Melissa.
      Profile photo of ReidV
      ReidV
      Participant

@blondiecamps @mkarrett solid points. I agree if @gatekeeper2 is to guide us, she needs to explain her choices. @daela I assume her and @regent7 have everyone’s best intentions in mind, though they are welcome to clarify that as well.

Profile photo of DimStyle
      DimStyle
      Participant

I have said @gatekeeper2 and @regent7 were the path… Glad someone else recognized it. 2 is the light

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register