Periscope – 8/2 – "A history lesson"

Tension brand Forums INTERACTIONS WITH THE OOA Periscope – 8/2 – "A history lesson"

This topic contains 20 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of sisyphus sisyphus 7 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

We did ask for a lesson… that certainly counted

Profile photo of DimStyle
    DimStyle
    Participant

Yes it was

Profile photo of Mustafa Said
    Mustafa Said
    Participant

We received a lesson. What have we learned?

We’ve learned that the teachings of Anoch are transcribed into at least one book, what that book looks like, that Anoch has been counting down since the First (“You are the first, and the last from the Final”), that Betrayers have been in the OOA’s teachings since their origin, and that 2 is responsive to our complaints more than any other Gatekeeper. Just off the top of my head

Profile photo of TinNose
    TinNose
    Participant

Where was she???

Profile photo of Ezi
    Ezi
    Participant

Would love to get my hands on that book and give it a read!

Profile photo of Blondie
    Blondie
    Participant

It’s night time here too… maybe she’ll come and tuck me in after that bedtime story…

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I wonder if the framed page on my office wall is from that book?

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I could barely hear it.

Profile photo of AH-lay
    AH-lay
    Participant

Can someone do a transcript of what she said? Pretty please.

Profile photo of Ezi
      Ezi
      Participant

I’ll give it a go, give me a few minutes! :-)

Profile photo of AH-lay
      AH-lay
      Participant

Thank you!

Profile photo of Andrew Kasch
    Andrew Kasch
    Participant

The Book of Anoch might now be the most important artifact in play. It still exists and so does @regent7, which means the OOA is still alive contrary to III’s boasts.

Profile photo of DimStyle
      DimStyle
      Participant

@regent7 is the reason I was swayed to @gatekeeper2. Of all the reading I did coming into the experience, his words resonated most with me

Profile photo of Ezi
    Ezi
    Participant

Here is a rough transcript. I’m pretty sure the words are correct, the punctuation I guessed at from how she read.

Before reading:
    I’m not like them.
    Reading:
    The beginning was merely a spark.

The one who could see realized that the spark should be a flame. He took it into his heart, he let it grow. He burned and consumed him until he no longer knew who he was.
    Eventually he could hold it no longer, let it completely destroy him. With no other choice he opened his mouth and unleashed that spark, now a great and terrible flame unto the world. It burned with a glory that was previously unfathomable.

The fire was knowledge and the fire was power. It engulfed nearly all of our realm, sending darkness back into the hearts of the weak small men as it elevated the potential of our very nature to a higher more perfect path.

We were so close, the precipice of the great dawn, but alas the darkness returned. It too had grown stronger with desire inside the hearts of lesser men, the first betrayers. They unleashed their darkness and began to blind all of those around them until men questioned whether the fire had existed at all.

What little fire that was left was taken for granted. It was hoarded and used as a weapon to control and manipulate, to cause fear and terror.
    With no more to do he then left to return to where he had begun. He returned to the darkness, he gave up. He began to die.

It was then that he heard it, the spark was yet still alive, stronger, and now a voice.
    “The fire, you have returned” he said, but the voice called back from within and he spoke to himself. “No, that was then, for I am the light”
    “Do you have a name for I do not recall my own”

The spark once a flame and now the light indeed had a name.
    But first he anointed himself.
    “You are the first, the first counted, and the last from the final, and I, I am Anoch”

Profile photo of AH-lay
      AH-lay
      Participant

Thank you, Ezi!

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

Thanks for this!

Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

Two things:

This is an origin story of the first counted, and last from the final. So is this the story of 242? Or Gatekeeper 1?

Or is it both?

@regent7 said he wants to break the cycle. So is this individual in the book kinda like as the serpent’s mouth that is eating his own tail? The Beginning and the End?

Also, I can’t help but wonder if @regent7 is okay….

Profile photo of Addison Born
      Addison Born
      Participant

Whoa, literally on the same brainwaves.

Before, we wondered who 242 was, and now we wonder who 1 will be – what if they are the same? The OOA and their numbered are acting in a cycle. “The New Dawn” being the beginning/ending of the cycle, the sun rises (ascension) and we enter the light.

Profile photo of Mustafa Said
    Mustafa Said
    Participant

Finally had time to sit down and better analyse the story we have been given plus better time to articulate my thoughts.

When reading this story, I interpreted it the creation story of Gatekeeper 1. My personal analysis of this is that Anoch, the spark that grew into a flame that then became the Light, was admitted into the heart of a person-‘the one who could see'(Could he see his _path and how it led him to that moment?). After letting the spark settle and expand, he released it once more into the world, letting it set everything ablaze. People began to bask in the knowledge of Anoch and in his power as well. Though this the darkness of the world prior to Anoch had also been forced to recede into hiding, weak as the spark Anoch had once been.

The act of the one who could see..his acceptance, to let the spark in was enough for Anoch to grow. (I read this and think to myself: Does Anoch somehow thrive on belief? The more we act in service to him, the greater he gets?)

After being consumed, the one who could see was empty, hollow, unable to feel a thing. He had used up everything he had and now he was nothing. Anoch, now no longer a flame but the Light, gave him a new name, a new face, a new life: As Gatekeeper 1.

To me this only furthers the idea that in order to become a Gatekeeper, one must willingly shove aside everything that they have and are and must work diligently towards the moment that the First Counted achieved; the moment where they let the spark that came in out. A moment that encompasses them and burns away their past until they are also nothing. Once they are nothing, they can become something.

Also important is this line: We were so close, the precipice of the great dawn.

Does this mean that this isn’t the first time the OOA has tried to reach the New Dawn? Have there been cycles, like what @addisonborn has said, of life where Humanity has been ascending to the New Dawn until something drove us back? @gatekeeper2 or @regent7, if either of you could answer this I’d appreciate it.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Profile photo of Mustafa Said Mustafa Said.
    Profile photo of sisyphus
    sisyphus
    Participant

Also Sprach Zarathustra

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register