Thomas Barrow Email

Tension brand Forums INTERACTIONS WITH THE OOA Thomas Barrow Email

This topic contains 37 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Michael Rizzo Michael Rizzo 7 years, 6 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Graham
    Graham
    Participant

Tomorrow I ascend, and I absolutely cannot wait for it. Glory be.

I am posting this because a man named Thomas Barrow emailed me, attempting to undermine the OOA (even though he told me what I already suspected – that this is not an “immersive theater” experience but is indeed an organization built around true ascension, though he called it a “goddamned cult.” He told me that they had “brainwashed” his daughter, Addison, and asked me to find her for him.

I feel that this man is trying to sew seeds of doubt in the OOA, so I caution anyone reading this against believing his words. He attached a scan of his daughter’s journal and upon reading it it seemed to me she was a girl in desperate need of help, which the OOA provided. Sometimes lessons are learned “the hard way.”

If anyone has any other info about Thomas Barrow, I’m curious to read it.

Glory be. Glory be. Glory be.

Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

Oh Tom Barrow.

Where the hell do I start with that guy? He has popped up at events basically very hostile, shouting at everyone, never really trying to get any of us on our good sides. He’s very good at crashing parties that’s for sure. Now that I have a much bigger picture about the OOA I can’t say I blame him, he just needs to refine his methods. You can try searching for Tom Barrow using the forum search function.

http://thetensionexperience.com/forums/search/

We have probably seen the scan of the journal already but for completeness sake can you share what Tom attached in the e-mail?

Profile photo of Graham
    Graham
    Participant

Oh I’m glad he’s on your radar. He definitely seems like someone who could actually use the OOA’s guidance himself!

Here is the link to the scan: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B29RqQ-v20NCTnB5aXNZV3E1SG8

I responded to him and told him that it was clear he was trying to undermine the OOA and that I would not stand for it. I am dedicated to this cause.

Finally, here is the body of his email just so you know what he told me:

“I saw them post your name and listen, I don’t know what you think you’ve gotten yourself into with these OOA people but don’t believe a damn word they say. This TENSION EXPERIENCE is a front. It’s not some immersive theater, it’s a goddamn cult.

Attached is a picture of what my family used to be… Now, my daughter, Addison Barrow – remember that name, won’t talk to us and they have blocked every attempt I’ve made to contact her. Families have their differences and we had our share but this is above and beyond a domestic squabble, these people have single handedly brain washed my once sweet little girl and turned her against not only her family but the entire world.

Look, you don’t know me and you don’t have any reason to trust me but you don’t even have to take my word on it, there are people out there that discovered my daughter’s diary, you can see for yourself much the OOA has manipulated her and how dangerous they really are. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B29RqQ-v20NCTnB5aXNZV3E1SG8

Please, if you do get in, find my Addy and tell her we miss her, that she can still come home. We are waiting and we always will be.

Thank you friend,

Tom”

Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

Ah yes, those scans are from @rizzzoooooo :)

Profile photo of Graham
    Graham
    Participant

The most fascinating page to me is the one with three vertical lines scratched out. And then at the top, a fully scratched out smaller version of the same image. Three lines. What does it mean?

Profile photo of Graham
    Graham
    Participant

This one:

View post on imgur.com

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by Profile photo of Melissa Melissa. Reason: I fix stuff
      Profile photo of Melissa
      Melissa

@sweeneyskip

When I saw that image I immediately thought of frustration.

Profile photo of Graham
    Graham
    Participant

If it didn’t show up it’s page 5 of the diary

Profile photo of Rusty
    Rusty
    Participant

@sweeneyskip I have a slightly different perspective on Mr. Barrow… but I end up being pretty much in alignment with @mkarrett

Several months ago, I was supposed to have a meeting with someone from the OOA. There was a very ominous tone to the set up for that meeting and I was quite tense about the situation. On the way to that meeting, I (and a couple of other people) were intercepted and I was taken to meet Tom and his wife, Margaret.

At that meeting, Tom implored me to understand that the OOA (and possibly a boyfriend named Mark – aka Bennie) had led his daughter Addison astray and he was very concerned for her well being. You, it seems, are being told the same story. He believed she was now involved with a cult and he asked me to help her if I could in any way. I encountered her very briefly at a “mixer” that was held but was obviously kept away from her from the people surrounding her and was unable to deliver any message from her family.

He even gave me a stuffed cat, a childhood toy that on belonged to Addison. You may already know that months later I had the opportunity to return that toy to her… and it was an upsetting moment for us both.

You seem dedicated to the OOA, @sweeneyskip. It is your _path. You must choose for yourself what you believe about this… organization. I hope you find what you are looking for within the walls of Ascension. I am not sure if you will have the chance to encounter Addison during your journey tonight or possibly elsewhere. If you do, it will be your choice as to how you use the message Tom asked you to deliver. Months ago, I met a distraught father searching for his daughter. I agree with @mkarrett that Tom’s methods are… gruff, abrasive and questionable. However, I do believe he is simply a man in pain.

Profile photo of Andrew Kasch
    Andrew Kasch
    Participant

Wow. It’s good to know that Tom is still out there.

Good luck on your Ascension, Graham.

Profile photo of Graham
    Graham
    Participant

@reaton, I am certainly empathetic to how the man feels, and as with anything keep an open mind. Perhaps there is more to learn. However, I feel that if instead he were to reach out and explore what the OOA stands for, then perhaps he himself could communicate with his daughter. I don’t blame him for how he feels. It is simply up to him as to how to eases his pain.

And thank you for the well wishes, Andrew. I am dedicated, and ready.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by Profile photo of Melissa Melissa. Reason: tag edit
      Profile photo of Rusty
      Rusty
      Participant

I agree with you @sweeneyskip, Tom is a man who seems very willing to bring a sledgehammer to a knife fight.
      At times, it’s as if his anger consumes him beyond logical thought. More animal than human. Well, I bet he’s still almost human.
      When you enter Ascension, I hope you are able to remain focused and remain present, training your mind’s eye on what is being asked of you in each moment.
      I wish you well, my friend. If Tom has you on his radar, I bet that means the OOA has you on their radar, as well.
      Good luck on your _path, my friend. You may need it.
      May your Glory Be.
      πŸ˜‰

Profile photo of Graham
    Graham
    Participant

@mkarrett, that makes sense. It looks like a clear path that is blocked or destroyed. Either by outside forces or by herself…

Profile photo of Melissa
      Melissa

Much like her ambition to make it as an actress in Los Angeles. :(

Profile photo of Michael Rizzo
    Michael Rizzo
    Participant

@sweeneyskip
    A lot went into securing and sending those page scans out… I really want you to read them and be familiar with them before ascension. You need to know what the OOA does to people, they lie and make you feel like you’re worth a million bucks only to pull the rug from under you and use you for whatever “mystical” bullshit they practice. Just remember, the OOA is not who they say they are…
    And Graham, I want you to remember that nothing you see in there will be any kind of supernatural trash. They don’t have power like that, don’t let them make you belive they do.

Good luck at the instute, We want you to be safe and come home… They don’t.

Profile photo of Addison Born
      Addison Born
      Participant

This ^

The OOA is a predatory organization. They take advantage of the disadvantaged, they brainwash them, they blackmail them, they kidnap them.

@sweenyskip watch this video taken at The OOA’s unveiling of “The One” – specifically the ending moments.

https://www.periscope.tv/the_tension_exp/1ynKOdNLwLyGR?

The blonde girl is Addison, Tom’s daughter. Watch that and tell me that she’s there of her own volition, that she wasn’t brainwashed, that she wasn’t kidnapped.

The OOA lies. It’s all lies. If you choose to follow them.. good luck.

Profile photo of Graham
      Graham
      Participant

@addisonborn That film is troubling, I’ll grant you. However clearly the poor girl had psychological and spiritual problems well before her time with the OOA, as evidenced by her diary. Whoever that man was that brought her her teddy bear triggered something within her, and from my perspective all he did to her was bring back the pain that the OOA had helped to siphon away. I wish it hadn’t come to that, as the rest of the film showed an Addison that was clearly happy, and a part of the family.

I pray for her safety, and I pray that she is able to finally unshackle herself from what is clearly a horrible past.

Profile photo of Lukas L
      Lukas L
      Participant

LOL @reaton was the person who gave back the teddy, or should I say kitty. @reaton did you ever get a name for the cat?

Profile photo of Rusty
      Rusty
      Participant

No, @lukasrl, she was very… flummoxed… in that moment and did not answer my question.

Michael Rizzo
      Participant

That man was @reaton

As for the diary, she shows signs of mental problems when the OOA enters her life. You have to understand, The OOA are here only to manipulate and change the world for their own greed. They have no interest in you or your feelings or how that poor girl felt. They don’t care for anoch or enlightenment.

The OOA only exist to use you.
      @sweeneyskip Just be careful, there’s always more than meets the eye brother

Addison Born
      Participant

@sweeneyskip You see it as pain being syphoned away.. I see it as a complete loss of identity and self.

I and many others met Addison earlier this spring, at the mixer she talks about in her journals.. the Addison we met there was very afraid of the OOA, afraid of the things they were doing to her. She warned me personally about getting too close, and warned others of similar concerns. That ceremony was cut short by Tom rushing in, and Addison being kidnapped in a similar manner to the video.

A slow but steady drip of leaks from within the OOA have made it clear that their intentions are dark, that they’re taking advantage of their devotees. From life insurance scams to manipulating the stock market to mind control, it’s bad news that seems to run much deeper than it first appears. I beg of you to look at the OOA from another more critical perspective.

Profile photo of Rusty
      Rusty
      Participant

@sweeneyskip To be honest… I am unsure as to what I did. It was my _path to return that stuffed cat to its owner, and I did. Did I help her or harm her? I am not sure.
      There was a man there that day that seemed to find glee in my worry for her after she was taken. He informed me that only time would tell as to whether my actions were for the greater good or if I may have damaged Addison forever. My brief exchange with him was chilling.
      If I could do anything to save her from any more pain, I would. I would gladly offer myself and take on whatever pain might be put upon her if it would make her _path easier, for I feel that I may have added to her burden when all I wanted to do was to help.
      @sweeneyskip You seem like a good man, a fair man. I encourage you to take into consideration that this is a woman many of us have grown very fond of over the past few months. Whatever you choose to do, I sense it comes from a good heart. My best to you on your _path.

@sweeneyskip: There is darkness inside Ascension. The literal darkness is situational and hopefully will pass. The figurative darkness might haunt you much, much longer. The thing that lingers strongest for me is the mournful melancholy for those we had to leave behind. Best of luck to you, Graham.

Profile photo of Graham
    Graham
    Participant

@electrichippo I am willing to sacrifice whatever I must, if it means I can truly ascend.

Profile photo of Lukas L
    Lukas L
    Participant

@sweeneyskip Good Luck tomorrow! You are in for one wild ride. Its been near a week out for me and it still wont get out of my head. Had some crazy awesome dreams about it last night even.

Profile photo of Graham
    Graham
    Participant

@addisonborn @rizzzoooooo You…make a compelling case. I’ve always prided myself on being open minded and when I learned of the OOA I wanted to dive in headfirst with full commitment, as I do with everything. I’m curious, what exactly are they after? Where is this documented evidence you speak of? I’m curious to read it.

I’ll add one thing: a woman named Gayle emailed me just now, the wife of a man named Robert Jones. She says her husband disappeared after trying to investigate the institute. Have you ever heard about him?

Maybe you guys are right. I don’t want my dedication to waiver, but perhaps in questioning the truth, it will simply make the OOA’s work that much more impactful on me.

I am open, willing to listen, but skeptical of outside forces attempting to corrupt my path…

Profile photo of Melissa
      Melissa

He was a private investigator who met with several people including @mike. Last thing I know is that per May newsletter (I think it was May) there was a short column about him, “Due to the diligence and hard work of those apostles of the beginning, the true identity of Robert Jones has been uncovered. His disloyalty and lies will be dealt with extreme prejudice.”

Since then Bob has been quiet.

Addison Born
      Participant

@sweeneyskip – here are some pieces of evidence.. Hopefully these will lead you to the truth.

Bob Jones is an investigator that’s was investigating the OOA, he very conveniently “disappeared.”

Life Insurance scam – http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/168956/rabbit-hole-go-tension-experience/

Stock Market leak – http://thetensionexperience.com/forums/topic/the-letter/
      This was actually dead dropped in Kansas City.. That’s how far the leaker needed to run to make sure they were safe.

I guess it’s difficult to expect you to turn your back on the OOA – I too was an apostle of the institute, and it took a lot of convincing for me to leave. But please keep an open mind.

And off topic – You were in Tales of Halloween, right? Do you know/keep in touch with Natalie aka @vincentvega? She was on here for a bit and then went quiet..

Michael Rizzo
      Participant

@sweeneyskip

We were all just like you, we committed 100% to the OOA, but we broke off and now are part of the BOS, our purpose is simple: To end the OOA and their harmful tactics, and to help protect as many people as we can from the institute. We are not against anoch or the teachings people belive they gain from him… but what we are against are the practices of the OOA.

We will link you up to said documents, but a quick rundown of the ones I recall off the top of my head are as follows:
      -The diary
      -Leaked emails from OSDM (the management branch of the OOA, their focus is to make sure it all runs smoothly) that detail stock markets and their predicted growth
      -Leaked emails from OSDM that comment of getting Addison back and attempting to “reprogram her”
      -Leaked emails from OSDM that comment on the dangers of “reprogramming” and that past subjects have been turned into vegetables.
      -Robert Jone’s investigation into the OOA, there have been past cities where the OOA has popped up. They gain followers, make them sign insurance papers, only to find them dead in house fires directly following insurance papers.

There is much more and as I said, we will link them.

Robert jones was a PI that was hired to look into the OOA. He contacted many people but went missing when the OOA announced they knew who he was and that they would punish him. He went underground for the time being until his emailed YOU and few others, claiming he has legit gone missing. We have many reasons to belive the OOA was the cause.

That is all we ask, be careful about them. We are not the OOA, we will not make you do anything. The choice is entirely yours, but we just want you to know more about them and to really question their motives before giving them your everything.

Profile photo of ReidV
      ReidV
      Participant

@sweeneyskip Sorry to bombard you but it might be worth knowing BoS/Sentinel is/was run by conspiracy theorists and are hinted at having ties to ODSM.

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

@sweeneyskip – Welcome and good luck tomorrow! It will be something that will stick with you, that’s for sure

I also want to say, that all of this, your decisions, your _path, your choices…are your own. It’s important to look at all the information that’s presented. Remember, there are always 2 sides to every story and just because there are members on this forum trying to pump you full of “information”, doesn’t mean they are right. It also doesn’t mean the other side is “right”. It’s a matter of perception. I just think it’s funny that the people calling the OOA out for brainwashing are basically trying to do the same thing to new people by saying all the negative that they PERCEIVE and told is happening (meaning, no facts, no personal accounts…just “we were told this”). Perception is a bitch. No one talks about the good that the OOA has done or that they’ve “perceived” they’ve done :)

Get ready for the fun…

Profile photo of Graham
    Graham
    Participant

All of you, thank you for all of this helpful input. There is clearly a lot at stake here, and both the OOA and BOS have their hands in far-reaching places.

I do not know where my path will lead me, but like @mike said, I have to pay attention not just to what I perceive, but also what feels true to me.

@addisonborn and @rizzzoooooo I thank you as well for sharing your stories with me. They are not going unheard. If the BOS were to contact me, I would listen with an open mind.

@atticus360 – I’ve heard others mention this ODSM. Should I be wary of them as well?

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by Profile photo of Melissa Melissa. Reason: fixing the tag
      Profile photo of ReidV
      ReidV
      Participant

@sweeneyskip ODSM is the business end of the OoA, when they have appeared they have often attempted to cover up the true intentions of the OoA. Certainly suspect at best, although no party is free of that πŸ˜‰

Profile photo of Graham
      Graham
      Participant

@ReidV Thank you. Yes, it seems suspicion is a common theme in all of these organizations…

Profile photo of Andrew Kasch
    Andrew Kasch
    Participant

I just received the same e-mail Graham did.

My big question is: Why me? If Russell couldn’t reach Addison, what chance do I have? And doesn’t he know I’m not exactly on good terms with BOS?

Tom must really be desperate.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by Profile photo of Andrew Kasch Andrew Kasch.
      Profile photo of Michelle
      Michelle
      Participant

Lol… @kasch, I am looking forward to knowing what you think after round two.

Much of my time with in the compound was spent standing beside The Overseer. Her presence is … I’ll just wait and see how it goes for you. 😈

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

@kasch – good luck man! Maybe Jenna will be there and be able to help?

Let’s not forget that Tom might be a sketchy dude who isn’t even her dad :)

Michael Rizzo
    Participant

I’m heading back to ascension tomorrow for round 2, tonight I received the Thomas Barrow email. I read through it again and totally forgot that the link from the diary pics. Found it funny that Mr. Barrow was being blocked and putting time into send me the pics that I took, so he must not have known that it was I was one of the “people out there that discovered my daughter’s diary”.

I sent him an email back telling him as such, not really expecting a response. Well he responded.

“We need to talk”.

I cannot describe how excited I got to see a response, it’s been so long since we really got to interact with a character outside of ascension, it’s amazing to know they’re still out there waiting for us. It’s nothing crazy but thought it was something to share with the community!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register